Author Topic: JavaPro - Protein Coffee  (Read 4197 times)

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
JavaPro - Protein Coffee
« on: February 16, 2014, 03:33:25 PM »
Has anyone here tried these? We just got them in my club...I tried a sample, and they're DELICIOUS! It is made to replace a meal and it's so filling!

Instant coffee with hot water, or can be mixed in your shake.

I'm sure a lot of you already add caffeine to your shakes, but this stuff is good. Wish I packaged the idea and sold it  :-\ it's the first one I've seen so I don't know if it has any competitors.

Would any of you buy? $25 1.5 lb bag

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: JavaPro - Protein Coffee
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »
Because coffee has diuretic effects on me, I wouldn't use it. I'd be pissing every hour, which is annoying during workouts when I'm trying to focus. But the idea is pretty neat. Reminds me of those protein-loaded steel cut oats they sell at my local supplement store. 25g per serving.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
I remember seeing it advertised in a magazine a few months ago. I want to try it sooooo bad

I mostly just like the packaging. Lol

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »
Because coffee has diuretic effects on me, I wouldn't use it. I'd be pissing every hour, which is annoying during workouts when I'm trying to focus. But the idea is pretty neat. Reminds me of those protein-loaded steel cut oats they sell at my local supplement store. 25g per serving.

I hear ya..."trying" to drink a gallon of water a day does that to me. Such a waste of my time. Sometimes I have to pull over to the nearest stop while driving. TMI? lol

But the oats are a brilliant idea! Never heard of that. Very smart.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 03:49:23 PM »
$25 for a 1.5 bag, lol. Fuckin' stupid rip off. Anyone who spends $25 for that crap is an idiot.
X

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »
I hear ya..."trying" to drink a gallon of water a day does that to me. Such a waste of my time. Sometimes I have to pull over to the nearest stop while driving. TMI? lol

But the oats are a brilliant idea! Never heard of that. Very smart.

Too expensive to use longterm, but worth trying just for the novelty. Good taste + the equivalent of a scoop of protein, and slow-burning carbs for the workout a couple of hours later.

I don't drink much water anymore. Maybe 5-6 glasses a day, with the gym included. I find compressing sodium to < 1K/day and cycling out carbs makes my thirst drop to nearly nothing. And the less I drink, the more defined I look.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »

Too expensive to use longterm, but worth trying just for the novelty. Good taste + the equivalent of a scoop of protein, and slow-burning carbs for the workout a couple of hours later.

I don't drink much water anymore. Maybe 5-6 glasses a day, with the gym included. I find compressing sodium to < 1K/day and cycling out carbs makes my thirst drop to nearly nothing. And the less I drink, the more defined I look.

Thanks! I'm gonna try it. I agree with it being expensive long term. Same with the coffee. But worth a try!

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
I make protein lattes at work.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »
Thanks! I'm gonna try it. I agree with it being expensive long term. Same with the coffee. But worth a try!

Make your oatmeal a little bit more watery than usual, then stir protein powder in after you take it off the heat. I've done this a couple times after seeing someone else do it. Try it with just regular rolled oats and ON cinnamon graham cracker whey.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 04:27:31 PM »
I never understood the combining whey protein with foods?  Why not just make the coffee and have the protein separate?  Or make real pancakes and have the protein drink later?  Why must one put protein powder in anything?  ???

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »
I never understood the combining whey protein with foods?  Why not just make the coffee and have the protein separate?  Or make real pancakes and have the protein drink later?  Why must one put protein powder in anything?  ???
Because humans are lazy and this type of product combines an essential training supplement with a common daily food/beverage item consumed by most people who train. It's like asking why having a toaster that doubles as a radio - it's less bothersome than bringing your radio to the kitchen every morning. It's a pointless product with a very real potential to earn money for the inventor(s).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »
Because humans are lazy and this type of product combines an essential training supplement with a common daily food/beverage item consumed by most people who train. It's like asking why having a toaster that doubles as a radio - it's less bothersome than bringing your radio to the kitchen every morning. It's a pointless product with a very real potential to earn money for the inventor(s).
Humans are stupid is more like it.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
Humans are stupid is more like it.
Most successful gimmicky products sold in 60 second informercials bank on that being the case.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 04:31:13 PM »
Make your oatmeal a little bit more watery than usual, then stir protein powder in after you take it off the heat. I've done this a couple times after seeing someone else do it. Try it with just regular rolled oats and ON cinnamon graham cracker whey.

Yummy!

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 05:14:12 PM »
They need to get with Keurig and make it into K-cups...then I would be on board.   Thats the best invention in a long time...so simple and convenient for the person who drinks one cup of coffee each morning.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 05:24:22 PM »
They need to get with Keurig and make it into K-cups...then I would be on board.   Thats the best invention in a long time...so simple and convenient for the person who drinks one cup of coffee each morning.
You ever thought of just putting some protein powder, flavor of your choice, (they even make non flavored) into your coffee?

I just saved you money.  Thank me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »
does anyone have a home recipe for this?   just add a scoop to my iced coffee?

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 05:33:14 PM »
You ever thought of just putting some protein powder, flavor of your choice, (they even make non flavored) into your coffee?

I just saved you money.  Thank me.

I would just like it more for convenience sake...I swear Im getting carpal tunnel from all the stirring and shaking.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
Expensive piss.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »
does anyone have a home recipe for this?   just add a scoop to my iced coffee?
Pretty much.  You could add some brown sugar and a bit of coffee ice cream or heavy cream or even flavored cream to round out and improve the flavor.  Should be easy to top whatever is in that overpriced bag.

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 05:40:04 PM »
wow they use "real coffee"!??  as opposed to imitation coffee?  ::)

brutal paying twice as much for something to avoid the 1 minute of work of combining two liquids in a cup.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
wow they use "real coffee"!??  as opposed to imitation coffee?  ::)

brutal paying twice as much for something to avoid the 1 minute of work of combining two liquids in a cup.
ROFLMAO!

This.

It somehow does not occur to people to do this though.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 05:52:27 PM »
We're all spoiled little brats who enjoy the convenience  :)

dustin

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 06:22:30 PM »
Why would I want to make a shitty cup of coffee even shittier?

And that oat company... lol. I'm actually glad they're in business though. If people buy that shit then it probably isn't a big deal to exploit them. They'd waste their money on some other gimmick, so they're not doing much harm in the end.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »
You can't stir protein powder into hot coffee...it cooks the protein and you end up with chunks of eggy textured protein powder floating at the top of your mug