Author Topic: Why didn`t god save this extremely religious person?  (Read 34329 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Why didn`t god save this extremely religious moron?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 04:47:21 AM »
Jamie Coots Dead -- 'Snake Salvation' Star Pastor Dies From Holy Snakebite
'Snake Salvation' Star

Dies From Holy Snakebite

The pastor on Nat. Geo's "Snake Salvation" died Saturday night ... after one of the snakes to which he prays bit him.

V

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 05:56:12 AM »

This group wouldn't exist in Australia, not with the venomous snakes there. Nor in Africa, or South America. Only in an area that had snakes whose venom is not as toxic.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 05:59:42 AM »
god was busy, we were chatting about things, this one slipped under his radar
n

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 06:01:50 AM »
King James Version (KJV)

Mark 16:17-18

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Don't remember exactly when because it's been awhile since I cared enough to study it, but these verses didn't appear in the earliest manuscripts and were added centuries later. I believe in todays versions there are footnotes indicating this. Not that this kind of crap wouldn't be in there originally anyway.. I just find it odd people are risking their lives on something that wasn't in the bible in the first place

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 06:07:37 AM »
When God created Adam, he gave him a perfect environment in Eden with everything he needed. There was only one rule, to not eat from the Tree of Knowledge.

Why did God put the Tree of Knowledge in the garden if He knew that Adam would eventually disobey, and eat from it? A) Because God wanted Adam to choose to obey, and love God, rather than being programmed (like the animals are) to do X, Y, Z.

Thats a very long story short, but to summarise and answer your question bro - God didn't create idiots, Adam made a very bad decision that altered the course of humanity and lead us to the kind of offspring we are procreating now.

Make sense to me

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 06:11:29 AM »
This group wouldn't exist in Australia, not with the venomous snakes there. Nor in Africa, or South America. Only in an area that had snakes whose venom is not as toxic.

If this congregation wanna play with true vipers, I will order them a case of gaboon and puff adders vipers......they're very effective.... ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 06:26:49 AM »
Don't remember exactly when because it's been awhile since I cared enough to study it, but these verses didn't appear in the earliest manuscripts and were added centuries later. I believe in todays versions there are footnotes indicating this. Not that this kind of crap wouldn't be in there originally anyway.. I just find it odd people are risking their lives on something that wasn't in the bible in the first place

Close. What in fact happened was that 2 codexes (old copies of the new testatment) were discovered at a monastry in Eygpt. One was dated around 300 AD, and the other about 500 AD. Both had the last section of Mark missing, where Jesus appears to His disciples after His death. A massive conculsion is then jumped to, and it's said that these verses must have been added centuries after to support the ressurection account.

Very basic scholarly error. Because it's old, it must be more accurate  ::) What they will neglect to mention, is that there were sects that broke off from the mainstream believers, as soon as even 50 years after the Death of Christ, and they purported to believe that Jesus didn't rise from the dead. Very probably that the verses in Mark were TAKEN OUT by a few copiers, for their own means, rather than assuming that the verses were ADDED.

the trainer

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.  The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.  “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 06:33:26 AM »
Very apt verse.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 06:34:15 AM »
Reminds me of the Native American story of the woman who found a baby snake dying and nursed it back to health and raised it as her pet and years later he turned and viciously bit her and she said "why did you do that?" and he said " because I am a snake Bitch."

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 06:35:28 AM »
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.  The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.  “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.

What would happen to Jesus if he had jumped knowing that he had the power to land on his two feet or float in the air?.....maybe the devil knew he had a weakness or he was just fooling around with him to see if Jesus would actually jump....it would have been interesting had Jesus jumped... ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 06:36:32 AM »
What an idiot.  I walked up on a rattlesnake on a jobsite one time, and to hear the rattle getting closer and faster was one of the eeriest moments in my life.  I immediately backed up slowly and left.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 06:40:47 AM »
Remember what I said about liberals and atheists being the most miserable people on the planet? This post proves it. But to answer your question. Dude was an idiot.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 06:41:57 AM »
What an idiot.  I walked up on a rattlesnake on a jobsite one time, and to hear the rattle getting closer and faster was one of the eeriest moments in my life.  I immediately backed up slowly and left.

Kanye West should have done the same thing

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 06:46:39 AM »
if god wanted him to die

why does he allow evil to flourish in the world

why aren't pedophiles struck down

why do innocent children die all the time

life is a series of random events its as simple as that

religion cannot be argued on any intellectual level

that's why it requires belief
T

the trainer

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 06:55:17 AM »
if god wanted him to die

why does he allow evil to flourish in the world

why aren't pedophiles struck down

why do innocent children die all the time

life is a series of random events its as simple as that

religion cannot be argued on any intellectual level

that's why it requires belief

God is not the author of evil but he did create us as real human beings with the ability to love and follow him or not, Unfortunately we chose the not, and brought sin and evil into the picture, God will judge and wipe out evil, he's chosen not to yet, out of patience for us and for our friends.

Remember that God suffered also through Jesus Christ who died for our sins.

alabama ftw

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 07:44:44 AM »
When God created Adam, he gave him a perfect environment in Eden with everything he needed. There was only one rule, to not eat from the Tree of Knowledge.

Why did God put the Tree of Knowledge in the garden if He knew that Adam would eventually disobey, and eat from it? A) Because God wanted Adam to choose to obey, and love God, rather than being programmed (like the animals are) to do X, Y, Z.

Thats a very long story short, but to summarise and answer your question bro - God didn't create idiots, Adam made a very bad decision that altered the course of humanity and lead us to the kind of offspring we are procreating now.
The holy bible says  that God is the all-knowing creator of everything. Since God is all-knowing, he already knows the answers. For example, something as simple as "Where are you?" is unnecessary for an all-knowing being. God knows EVERYTHING, so there is no need for him to ask any question of anyone.
So he knew that adam would sin. That is evil shit.

Why does the snake priest get punished by god because of Adams choices?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 07:51:44 AM »
God is not the author of evil but he did create us as real human beings with the ability to love and follow him or not, Unfortunately we chose the not, and brought sin and evil into the picture, God will judge and wipe out evil, he's chosen not to yet, out of patience for us and for our friends.

why would god allow the catholic church to be a breeding ground for pedophiles

how would he allow the pope his vehicle on earth to cover that shit up

the harsh reality is religion is about our struggle to accept our mortality

isn't it convenient to think that we go to paradise when we die
T

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »
The holy bible says  that God is the all-knowing creator of everything. Since God is all-knowing, he already knows the answers. For example, something as simple as "Where are you?" is unnecessary for an all-knowing being. God knows EVERYTHING, so there is no need for him to ask any question of anyone.
So he knew that adam would sin. That is evil shit.

Why does the snake priest get punished by god because of Adams choices?

Whenever I have a question about the bible, God or theology and the notion of "God needing something" begins to arise I simply stop (because my thinking is already in error) and then reframe my question and consider the biblical context in terms of what I need (or people in general need) of God. 

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 07:56:28 AM »
Whenever I have a question about the bible, God or theology and the notion of "God needing something" begins to arise I simply stop (because my thinking is already in error) and then reframe my question and consider the biblical context in terms of what I need (or people in general need) of God.

Good point MOS. Sometimes we need to stop at "Why God would do x y z". I'm sure He knows why He did it, and answers to no man. All I know, is that God is good to me and faithful and I just trust in His word and try my best.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 07:59:33 AM »
Close. What in fact happened was that 2 codexes (old copies of the new testatment) were discovered at a monastry in Eygpt. One was dated around 300 AD, and the other about 500 AD. Both had the last section of Mark missing, where Jesus appears to His disciples after His death. A massive conculsion is then jumped to, and it's said that these verses must have been added centuries after to support the ressurection account.

Very basic scholarly error. Because it's old, it must be more accurate  ::) What they will neglect to mention, is that there were sects that broke off from the mainstream believers, as soon as even 50 years after the Death of Christ, and they purported to believe that Jesus didn't rise from the dead. Very probably that the verses in Mark were TAKEN OUT by a few copiers, for their own means, rather than assuming that the verses were ADDED.

right..  ;)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 08:00:52 AM »

Isaiah 45:7 says god created evil

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »
A more pertinent question would be:  Why the fuck didn't his family and friends call 911 the moment he went unconscious?  Anyone at his side should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.   ???

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2014, 08:09:11 AM »
Good point MOS. Sometimes we need to stop at "Why God would do x y z". I'm sure He knows why He did it, and answers to no man. All I know, is that God is good to me and faithful and I just trust in His word and try my best.

Exactly, we need not question what God needs as he needs nothing from us.....it's always about what we need of him.     

For example, instances in scripture of God "changing his mind" or asking Adam and Eve "where are you hiding" are not based on the needs of God.....he's simply engaging us so that we may learn what we need in order to draw closer to him and his will for us.   

He wants us to choose his will for our lives, but he honors our choice to reject his will for us also.  Our choice to choose God is completely pure because he's allowed us to make that decision amidst every other potential option including the option to choose evil and all that stands opposed to God.   

Don't want God?  You never have to have him.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 08:16:15 AM »
Organised religion is for dumbasses who have submitted to a mind virus and abdicated from critical thinking. Pity those fools and laugh at their utter stupidity as they all talk about their fiary stories from yesteryear.