Author Topic: Why didn`t god save this extremely religious person?  (Read 34722 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Why didn`t god save this extremely religious moron?
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »
Same reason "god" didn't protect those god-fearing, church-going, gun-loving parents of those kids that got shot in Connecticut or Virginia Tech, or any other place. He doesn't give a fuck about your stupid hero worship. He just runs the universe like a boss. I think of god, if he even exists, as the Architect in the Matrix films.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2014, 10:45:11 AM »
I think religion has pretty much been marginalized in Western European society. I'm not making a value judgment, I just think that's how it is. However, I don't see why people like the OP, and others, seem to have this compulsion to discredit it, and believers, every chance they get. Who really cares at this point? If this gets them through the day, why rain on their parade?
I think the exception is the United States. It is a country unlike any other Western country in its continued adherence to Christianity, supersition, and belief in cosmic forces in general. It's far from marginal there; if anything, it has a strong impact on foreign policy and even legislation.

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »
Some want nothing to do with God both now and forever and for those same folks spending an eternity with God where he resides would be hell for them.

people want nothing to do with God?  Not at all.   Some people don't want to accept God as an invisible, inaudible, no show entity.   It's more like God wants to do nothing with people by the looks of it.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2014, 10:46:21 AM »
MOS, I had that scene in mind when I said "I think of...". Seemed to fit perfectly with that movie, which was hilarious btw.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2014, 10:50:31 AM »
I don't see any threads started by the religious among the Getbiggers....

But a steady stream of anti-God bitter pickle swallowers...

I'm sorry your life is a miserable piece of shit and you hate everything around you....the hole you try and fill with your pathetic attempts to create misery to all around you, just makes us laugh louder at your sad angry state. This is a generalization to all the angry little dwarfs infesting this site....LOL

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »
Decided to keep my initial response simple.

Is it your belief that God wills the abuse of children and the breeding of pedophiles in the catholic church?  

Are you of the opinion that those evil acts of men coincide with God’s qualities of grace, justice, peace, mercy and love?

I do think that some religion is about struggling with death, but faith in Jesus Christ is about life and divine purpose in our existence.

I think the notion of paradise is relative.   Some want nothing to do with God both now and forever and for those same folks spending an eternity with God where he resides would be hell for them.

i dont believe in god

you havent answered my question

i simply ask you to answer it rather than turn it on me

T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2014, 10:53:58 AM »
I don't see any threads started by the religious among the Getbiggers....

But a steady stream of anti-God bitter pickle swallowers...

I'm sorry your life is a miserable piece of shit and you hate everything around you....the hole you try and fill with your pathetic attempts to create misery to all around you, just makes us laugh louder at your sad angry state. This is a generalization to all the angry little dwarfs infesting this site....LOL

worst meltdown ever

i didnt have you down as stupid

are you incapable of free thinking
T

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »
You're right to some extent, but w/ abortion, gay marriage, etc., those days are coming to an end.
Those are mostly laws that were passed from above in the teeth of opposition from a solid 50% of the country. Not everything that becomes standard practice is done with the blessing of the American people. Go to any town in the Midwest, South, even the Northeast and you'll find 8 out of 10 people don't support this President or his progressive agenda. Religion is very strong in America. Politicians are always out of touch with what the average person wants. The best proof is that plebiscites on gay marriage in "liberal" states like California failed to find enough support to go through. So far, the same has been true for legalizing marijuana in every state it was proposed except Colorado.

the trainer

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »
People who believe in god and study the bible does not ask these questions because they know the answer, its only stupid people like adonis because he does not believe in anything so he has to question himself and everything.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2014, 11:00:46 AM »
why would god allow the catholic church to be a breeding ground for pedophiles

how would he allow the pope his vehicle on earth to cover that shit up

the harsh reality is religion is about our struggle to accept our mortality

isn't it convenient to think that we go to paradise when we die

I'll answer it...

God does not administer the Catholic Church nor interfere with the will of men, evil men have free will and reign to do as they will. Judgement will come, to all at some point. The central point that you miss is that this life is short....and he judges it as it ends, taxes and death.

Master and Margarette by Bulgakov.... get a chance read it, a lot of your questions answered.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »
I'll answer it...

God does not administer the Catholic Church nor interfere with the will of men, evil men have free will and reign to do as they will. Judgement will come, to all at some point. The central point that you miss is that this life is short....and he judges it as it ends, taxes and death.

Master and Margarette by Bulgakov.... get a chance read it, a lot of your questions answered.

are you a catholic
T

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »
worst meltdown ever

i didnt have you down as stupid

are you incapable of free thinking

Arguing religion is the stupid part.....free thinking is what you lack, youve pigeon holed yourself into one position and pout like a kid if we dont agree with it.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2014, 11:04:27 AM »
are you a catholic

Russian Orthodox/ Eastern Orthodox

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »
i dont believe in god

you havent answered my question

i simply ask you to answer it rather than turn it on me

I ask questions because I need to more clearly understand how you define things.  Sometimes I need more context to understand your perspective....a lot of times context is everything.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2014, 11:44:11 AM »
I ask questions because I need to more clearly understand how you define things.  Sometimes I need more context to understand your perspective....a lot of times context is everything.

ok here you go

i grew up in a very religious family

i believed in god

i went out into the world and saw what man was capable of

i questioned my religion and was basically told

god was responsible for all the good things

and all of the bad things were down to god allowing us free will

the catholic church systematically abusing children

and covering it up including the pope was the final straw

if god is benevolent enough to allow evil in its purest form

which is how i regard pedophillia

then how can he dam souls for eternity after the fact

does that help the innocent children

the contradictions in religion dont stack up

people that dont have enough inner strength to face the world

or enough strength to accept that when you die thats it

turn to religion as a comfort blanket
T

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2014, 12:20:14 PM »
ok here you go

i grew up in a very religious family

i believed in god

i went out into the world and saw what man was capable of

i questioned my religion and was basically told

god was responsible for all the good things

and all of the bad things were down to god allowing us free will

the catholic church systematically abusing children

and covering it up including the pope was the final straw

if god is benevolent enough to allow evil in its purest form

which is how i regard pedophillia

then how can he dam souls for eternity after the fact

does that help the innocent children

the contradictions in religion dont stack up

people that dont have enough inner strength to face the world

or enough strength to accept that when you die thats it

turn to religion as a comfort blanket

No offense intended, but you didn't answer my follow-up questions so I'll just proceed with my reply based on what you have said.

God allows humanity the option to engage in evil acts so that those that freely choose to accept God on his terms have made the purest choice to do so....simple as that.  

If within this short life every option is free to be indulged in and some choose to forgo those options in favor of surrendering to the will of Jesus Christ then true church of God will be formed.  Those believers indwelt with and regenerated by the holy spirit of God are sanctified for his purposes and follow that calling accordingly.

A mass coverup of pedophilia in the Catholic church is purely of man and has nothing to do with God.  Remember the "office of Pope" is a man-made designation and all activities therein are designated by man.  Men can be designated as a priest and not live a life representative of Jesus Christ.  Again, God allows us to make these choices because Christ made it very clear that he came to collect his church....his true body of believers.  Out of the hundreds and hundreds of millions of catholics and protestants there will be hundreds of millions that stand before the judgement throne of God that the Lord will not claim as his own.....this can include priests, pastors, ministers, reverends, nuns, deacons, sunday school teachers and even popes.  God knows the contents of our hearts so it's up to us to decide if we're going to fill our hearts with God's will or our own.

I see God as a one who created a good world and gave mankind dominion over it.  He also gave mankind the ability to choose and ultimately each of us will have to choose to abide by God's will or our own.  I choose Jesus Christ because he has revealed himself powerfully in my life.  That revelation came because I was willing to surrender to his will and come to him on his terms....I chose to walk through the narrow gate and in doing so God has revealed his reality to me.   If a person refuses to humble him/herself and seek God on his terms then they will not experience the revelation of God in their life....humility and surrender makes all the difference so I encourage you humble yourself and pray that God reveal himself to you.  

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
There's no free will.

Do apples fall to the ground because of their free will, no they are just following the laws of the universe.

The same goes with chemical reactions when atoms and molecules interact with each other. Very predictable behavior, noo free  will there.

Out bodies are made up of these atoms and molecules, we are just a walking talking chemical reaction. This includes our brain.

We react to the environment in a predictable way depending on the programming of our brain.

Science has shown that our brain has already made a decision well before you are consciously aware of it.

Our brain is running on autopilot, just like all the other functions of our body, such are heart beat and movement of food through the digestive system.

Therefore you don't choose to be good or evil, it just happens due to genetics and environment you grew up in, which effects the development of your brain and the way it responds to environmental stimuli which enters your 5 senses.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
I see God as a one who created a good world and gave mankind dominion over it.  He also gave mankind the ability to choose and ultimately each of us will have to choose to abide by God's will or our own.  I choose Jesus Christ because he has revealed himself powerfully in my life.  That revelation came because I was willing to surrender to his will and come to him on his terms....I chose to walk through the narrow gate and in doing so God has revealed his reality to me.   If a person refuses to humble him/herself and seek God on his terms then they will not experience the revelation of God in their life....humility and surrender makes all the difference so I encourage you humble yourself and pray that God reveal himself to you.  

outside of get big

i would argue i am a positive influence on the world

i teach my children to respect everyone in their diversity

and to do unto others as you would have them do to you

why then should i seek god

why do i need to

i am strong enough in myself to face the world and to shelter and nourish my family so that they too will be constructive members of the community

i see a weakness in people that turn to god most have a back story where they have filled a void with their beliefs

i respect your right to your religion and your beliefs

but i find the statement in bold patronising and typical of someone who believes they have found god

why do you have to humble yourself why would he not take you warts and all
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2014, 12:32:51 PM »
No offense intended, but you didn't answer my follow-up questions so I'll just proceed with my reply based on what you have said.

God allows humanity the option to engage in evil acts so that those that freely choose to accept God on his terms have made the purest choice to do so....simple as that.  

If within this short life every option is free to be indulged in and some choose to forgo those options in favor of surrendering to the will of Jesus Christ then true church of God will be formed.  Those believers indwelt with and regenerated by the holy spirit of God are sanctified for his purposes and follow that calling accordingly.

A mass coverup of pedophilia in the Catholic church is purely of man and has nothing to do with God.  Remember the "office of Pope" is a man-made designation and all activities therein are designated by man.  Men can be designated as a priest and not live a life representative of Jesus Christ.  Again, God allows us to make these choices because Christ made it very clear that he came to collect his church....his true body of believers.  Out of the hundreds and hundreds of millions of catholics and protestants there will be hundreds of millions that stand before the judgement throne of God that the Lord will not claim as his own.....this can include priests, pastors, ministers, reverends, nuns, deacons, sunday school teachers and even popes.  God knows the contents of our hearts so it's up to us to decide if we're going to fill our hearts with God's will or our own.

Religion, the cause of, and solution to, all the worlds problems.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
Religion, the cause of, and solution to, all the worlds problems.

Thanks Sugar Tits ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »
Thanks Sugar Tits ;D
I dont want to cause a rift.  ;D

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2014, 12:38:07 PM »
I dont want to cause a rift.  ;D

Well played Sir

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
lol@quoting bible passages
n

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »
Short answer: Because God doesn't exist, except in the minds of the brainwashed.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »
Humanity, the cause of, and solution to, all the worlds problems.
Fixed.