Author Topic: Why didn`t god save this extremely religious person?  (Read 34319 times)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Re: Why didn`t god save this extremely religious moron?
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »

You're an ignorant rube who needs to read more....you know nothing of Jefferson

1816 January 9.  (Jefferson to Charles Thomson).  "I too have made a wee little book, from the same materials, which I call the Philosophy of Jesus. it is a paradigma of his doctrines, made by cutting the texts out of the book, and arranging them on the pages of a blank book, in a certain order of time or subject. a more beautiful or precious morsel of ethics I have never seen. it is a document in proof that I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus, very different from the Platonists, who call me infidel, and themselves Christians and preachers of the gospel, while they draw all their characteristic dogmas from what it’s Author never said nor saw. they have compounded from the heathen mysteries a system beyond the comprehension of man, of which the great reformer of the vicious ethics and deism of the Jews, were he to return on earth, would not recognise one feature. if I had time I would add to my little book the Greek, Latin and French texts, in columns side by side, and I wish I could subjoin a translation of Gassendi’s Syntagma of the doctrines of Epicurus, which, notwithstanding the calumnies of the Stoics, and caricatures of Cicero, is the most rational system remaining of the philosophy of the ancients, as frugal of vicious indulgence, and fruitful of virtue as the hyperbolical extravagancies of his rival sects."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2014, 03:45:36 PM »

And don't quote out of context.... ::)

1823 April 11. (Jefferson to John Adams). "The truth is that the greatest enemies to the doctrines of Jesus are those calling themselves the expositors of them, who have perverted them for the structure of a system of fancy absolutely incomprehensible, and without any foundation in his genuine words. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »
You're an ignorant rube who needs to read more....you know nothing of Jefferson

1816 January 9.  (Jefferson to Charles Thomson).  "I too have made a wee little book, from the same materials, which I call the Philosophy of Jesus. it is a paradigma of his doctrines, made by cutting the texts out of the book, and arranging them on the pages of a blank book, in a certain order of time or subject. a more beautiful or precious morsel of ethics I have never seen. it is a document in proof that I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus, very different from the Platonists, who call me infidel, and themselves Christians and preachers of the gospel, while they draw all their characteristic dogmas from what it’s Author never said nor saw. they have compounded from the heathen mysteries a system beyond the comprehension of man, of which the great reformer of the vicious ethics and deism of the Jews, were he to return on earth, would not recognise one feature. if I had time I would add to my little book the Greek, Latin and French texts, in columns side by side, and I wish I could subjoin a translation of Gassendi’s Syntagma of the doctrines of Epicurus, which, notwithstanding the calumnies of the Stoics, and caricatures of Cicero, is the most rational system remaining of the philosophy of the ancients, as frugal of vicious indulgence, and fruitful of virtue as the hyperbolical extravagancies of his rival sects."
You are ignorant TedTim.  What the above is called "The Jefferson Bible".  He cut out everything that could not possibly happen and was left with virtually nothing.  You can buy a "Jefferson Bible" at Monticello and other places.

Hope this helps.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2014, 03:49:07 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2014, 03:50:09 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

The Jefferson Bible, or The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth as it is formally titled, was a book constructed by Thomas Jefferson in the latter years of his life by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels which contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages indicating Jesus was divine.[1][2][3][4]

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »
You are ignorant TedTim.  What the above is called "The Jefferson Bible".  He cut out everything that could not possibly happen and was left with virtually nothing.  You can buy a "Jefferson Bible" at Monticello and other places.

Hope this helps.

I've read all three....have you? Extracts from Gospels, Philosophies of Jesus, and  life and morals of Jesus....go google them. Voltaire lol.....why not just throw up some Engels, Marx, and Locke

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2014, 03:53:47 PM »
"During the first winter, Mr. Jefferson regularly attended service on the sabbath-day in the humble church. The congregation seldom exceeded 50 or 60, but generally consisted of about a score of hearers. He could have had no motive for this regular attendance, but that of respect for public worship, choice of place or preacher he had not, as this, with the exception of a little Catholic chapel was the only church in the new city. The custom of preaching in the Hall of Representatives had not then been attempted, though after it was established Mr. Jefferson during his whole administration, was a most regular attendant. The seat he chose the first sabbath, and the adjoining one, which his private secretary occupied, were ever afterwards by the courtesy of the congregation, left for him and his secretary."

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
1821 February 27.  (Jefferson to Timothy Pickering).  "no one sees with greater pleasure than myself the progress of reason in it’s advances towards rational Christianity. when we shall have done away the incomprehensible jargon of the Trinitarian arithmetic, that three are one, and one is three; when we shall have knocked down the artificial scaffolding, reared to mask from view the simple structure of Jesus, when, in short, we shall have unlearned every thing which has been taught since his day, and got back to the pure and simple doctrines he inculcated, we shall then be truly and worthily his disciples: and my opinion is that if nothing had ever been added to what flowed purely from his lips, the whole world would at this day have been Christian. I know that the case you cite, of Dr Drake, has been a common one. the religion-builders have so distorted and deformed the doctrines of Jesus, so muffled them in mysticisms, fancies and falsehoods, have caricatured them into forms so monstrous and inconcievable, as to shock reasonable thinkers, to revolt them against the whole, and drive them rashly to pronounce it’s founder an imposter. had there never been a Commentator, there never would have been an infidel. in the present advance of truth, which we both approve, I do not know that you and I may think alike on all points. as the Creator has made no two faces alike, so no two minds, and probably no two creeds. we well know that among Unitarians themselves there are strong shades of difference, as between Doctors Price and Priestley for example. so there may be peculiarities in your creed and in mine. they are honestly formed without doubt. I do not wish to trouble the world with mine, nor to be troubled for them. these accounts are to be settled only with him who made us; and to him we leave it, with charity for all others, of whom also he is the only rightful and competent judge. I have little doubt that the whole of our country will soon be rallied to the Unity of the Creator, and, I hope, to the pure doctrines of Jesus also."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »

And yet you still continue to fail....must be the GMO you stuff into your maw

"God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well."
Voltaire

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2014, 04:08:56 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2014, 04:12:32 PM »
What is the point of having poisonous snakes in a church?

I call it hillbilly Russian roulette.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »
Got it you're an anti-Christian zealot......lol

“The God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?”

― Thomas Jefferson

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2014, 04:13:29 PM »
And don't quote out of context.... ::)

1823 April 11. (Jefferson to John Adams). "The truth is that the greatest enemies to the doctrines of Jesus are those calling themselves the expositors of them, who have perverted them for the structure of a system of fancy absolutely incomprehensible, and without any foundation in his genuine words. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors."

Bump

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2014, 04:15:20 PM »
Bump
???
I don`t think you are capable of reading and comprehending too well.  :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »
???
I don`t think you are capable of reading and comprehending too well.  :-\

.....coming from you, I lol'ed

We get it you hate God......good luck with that  :-*

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
TA destroying Tedumb. Like Andre taking on a score of midgets.