Author Topic: 2 year old killed by the family pitbull  (Read 1215 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: 2 year old boy killed by the family poodle.....
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »
Ban poodles.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: 2 year old killed by the family poodle.....
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
In America, this is the 4th pitbull related fatality for the year.  Looks like pitbull fatalities are on course to break more records this year.  Last year there were 25 pitbull related fatalities (78% of all dog bite related fatalities for that year). 18 (56%) of the fatality victims were children 7-years and younger. And I can't help but note the sad irony that 7 Nannies were killed by pitbulls considering Pitbull Supporters constantly label pitbulls 'Nanny Dogs'.
V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »
In America, this is the 4th pitbull related fatality for the year.  Looks like pitbull fatalities are on course to break more records this year.  Last year there were 25 pitbull related fatalities (78% of all dog bite related fatalities for that year). 18 (56%) of the fatality victims were children 7-years and younger. And I can't help but note the sad irony that 7 Nannies were killed by pitbulls considering Pitbull Supporters constantly label pitbulls 'Nanny Dogs'.
ban nannies AND poodles.

problem solved, ,greatest breed ever (pits) still runs around loving and caring cor children.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »
Sterilize the idiots that insist on breeding and owning them.  These people must really regret being friends with one of these idiots.
Ψ

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: 2 year old killed by the family pitbull
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »
I find it funny that a lot of people say that pitbulls are inherently dangerous because of breeding, but fail to see that it is the same with people.  We are all animals.  I guess they have their "reasons" to argue the other way.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 04:43:10 AM »
I find it funny that a lot of people say that pitbulls are inherently dangerous because of breeding, but fail to see that it is the same with people.  We are all animals.  I guess they have their "reasons" to argue the other way.

But pitbulls are a naturally aggressive breed. Sure, it doesn't help that some people feed them gun powder, but their reputation is mostly well-earned.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 04:47:19 AM »
Just happened in the UK yesterday, they only had the dog (malamute) for a few months and he had access to their 6 day old baby, apparently the dog ate the babys head.

People will never learn.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/18/mother-screamed-the-dog-ate-my-babys-head-after-six-day-old-girl-mauled-to-death-4309250/
S

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 04:49:06 AM »
The margin of safety is very much smaller with pit bulls.  A pit bull can inflict much more trauma more quickly than a chihuahua.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 05:59:36 AM »
I find it funny that a lot of people say that pitbulls are inherently dangerous because of breeding, but fail to see that it is the same with people.  We are all animals.  I guess they have their "reasons" to argue the other way.
Sadly, you don't know the difference between natural selection and artificial selection.  Human beings are the result of Nature, domestic dogs are the result of man interfering with nature.  Nature would never create such thing as a pitbull or a chihuahua for that matter. They are deliberately manufactured abominations with no natural environment created solely for the satisfaction of mans desires.  If domestic dogs were allowed to mate as they wished, breeds would soon become a thing of the past and they would eventually begin to all take on the appearance of a domestic wolf type dog.  Artificial selection is an interfering with nature to create unnatural results.  To compare dogs to humans is ridiculous, we may both be animals, but humans are far more evolved.

Dog fanciers have no trouble attributing breed specific traits for more acceptable traits in pure bred dogs. To test this, take a Pointer whose parents are good hunting dogs. Raise him for a year without ever letting him see a bird. Now put him in a field full of pheasants and see what he does. He’ll point. He doesn’t need training, encouragement or coercion to cause him to point. His genes have passed along a specific behavior - if you smell a bird, freeze. Pointers who possess  this innate reaction sell for very high prices. Try telling a hunter that he paid $10,000 for a finished field Pointer that had to be taught to point.  He’ll laugh at you. He paid a premium  for a pedigree that assured his dog’s potential for excellence.

If you need another example,  consider the Australian Cattle Dog – AKA Blue Heeler or Queensland Heeler. The name “heeler” describes the instinctive tendency of this breed to bite the heels of the animals they herd. This trait was created when Scotch Collies were mixed with Dingos in the late 1850’s. By 1900, the genetic behavior pattern was firmly established. Now, virtually every Heeler heels, instinctively. If you tell an Aussie drover that his dog had to be taught to heel. He’ll laugh at you, too, mate. Like his Pointer counterpart, the Heeler displays a trait that is transmitted  genetically. It requires no training or encouragement.
V

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 06:41:34 AM »
Sadly, you don't know the difference between natural selection and artificial selection.  Human beings are the result of Nature, domestic dogs are the result of man interfering with nature.  Nature would never create such thing as a pitbull or a chihuahua for that matter. They are deliberately manufactured abominations with no natural environment created solely for the satisfaction of mans desires.  If domestic dogs were allowed to mate as they wished, breeds would soon become a thing of the past and they would eventually begin to all take on the appearance of a domestic wolf type dog.  Artificial selection is an interfering with nature to create unnatural results.  To compare dogs to humans is ridiculous, we may both be animals, but humans are far more evolved.

Dog fanciers have no trouble attributing breed specific traits for more acceptable traits in pure bred dogs. To test this, take a Pointer whose parents are good hunting dogs. Raise him for a year without ever letting him see a bird. Now put him in a field full of pheasants and see what he does. He’ll point. He doesn’t need training, encouragement or coercion to cause him to point. His genes have passed along a specific behavior - if you smell a bird, freeze. Pointers who possess  this innate reaction sell for very high prices. Try telling a hunter that he paid $10,000 for a finished field Pointer that had to be taught to point.  He’ll laugh at you. He paid a premium  for a pedigree that assured his dog’s potential for excellence.

If you need another example,  consider the Australian Cattle Dog – AKA Blue Heeler or Queensland Heeler. The name “heeler” describes the instinctive tendency of this breed to bite the heels of the animals they herd. This trait was created when Scotch Collies were mixed with Dingos in the late 1850’s. By 1900, the genetic behavior pattern was firmly established. Now, virtually every Heeler heels, instinctively. If you tell an Aussie drover that his dog had to be taught to heel. He’ll laugh at you, too, mate. Like his Pointer counterpart, the Heeler displays a trait that is transmitted  genetically. It requires no training or encouragement.

Jeebus dude, it was sarcasm.  I was more or less trying to relate that people, like dogs, can be bred for "evil" purposes, thus becoming a nuisance.  Don't believe me, look at Africa and the Middle East.  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 06:52:00 AM »
Jeebus dude, it was sarcasm.  I was more or less trying to relate that people, like dogs, can be bred for "evil" purposes, thus becoming a nuisance.  Don't believe me, look at Africa and the Middle East.  ;D
Oh OK.  I think you still fail to see the difference. Natural selection's aim is to improve the genepool, where as artificial selection is for the purpose of enhancing a particular trait or quality.   The same thing when done with humans is  'eugenics', and has a bad name because of Hitler.  So I don't think the Blacks and the middle easterners are being purposefully bred to be 'Evil'.  You could say they are being trained so to speak, but their is a huge difference between training and breeding.  

It is like you can raise a wolf from a pup and tame it, but it's tameness won't be transferred onto the next generation, unlike the average domesticated dog, who's tameness is the result of artificial selection over centuries, it's tameness gets transmitted through the genes.  They have simply done the opposite with pitbulls, selecting for aggression, game, strength and fighting ability which is good in a fight to the death in the pit, but bad if you think it's a good dog to babysit your children.  Sadly the do-gooder breeders have got involved and confused the issue for everyone by breeding for companionship purposes while others continue to breed for game and now nobody can tell the difference.
V

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 06:53:56 AM »
have we thought out of the box yet?

instead of banning pits, has anyone considered banning children?

It appears the pits are the dominant of the two species.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 08:26:42 AM »
put the dog down.
sept 10th APF