Author Topic: Why natty sucks  (Read 5387 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Why natty sucks
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:43:39 AM »
Full disclosure: my gear is supposedly waiting in my buddy's dead-drop PO box 2 states away. It's been there for 3 weeks and he hasn't been able to get out there. Such is life

I made the mistake of perusing 2 years of training logs this morning between sets. I am diligent at training. I usually lift for 4-5x week and conditioning for the other 2 days a week, usually with one full day off. I eat 95% clean with one little cheat meal with my son per week. I watch my diet carefully and adjust as necessary. I take lots of worthless supplements in the vain hope that one of them will do fucking SOMETHING.

Well, my training logs don't lie to me. In two years, I have made zero progress on anything. Despite training hard, I am on a fucking mouse-wheel. And if you count my injury, I have actually gone backwards in a bunch of things.

I have managed to shed some extra weight, but I fucking know that it was probably 50% (or more!) muscle that dropped with the fat.

WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF TRAINING IF YOU ARE A MAXED-OUT NATTY?!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: Why natty sucks
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:21 AM »
Spiritual enlightenment?

But agreed: I also feel like I wasted 15 years.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:28:00 AM »
Spiritual enlightenment?

But agreed: I also feel like I wasted 15 years.

A friend commented that I am "staying ahead of the age curve". I know that she meant it as a compliment, but it sounds to me like "running on the mouse-wheel"

I reckon that if you ain't livin', you are just dyin', so I will keep on doing it. But what a fucking waste of time.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 06:55:40 AM »
You still need to maintain what you have, but that shouldn't take more than 3 full-body workouts a week.  A natty should focus on improving on cardio for the most part....

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
A friend commented that I am "staying ahead of the age curve". I know that she meant it as a compliment, but it sounds to me like "running on the mouse-wheel"

I reckon that if you ain't livin', you are just dyin', so I will keep on doing it. But what a fucking waste of time.
Frankly staying ahead of the curve is what my goal is, but I agree it feels like shit. Gone are the dreams of being the strongest bencher in the world, now the goal is to not be frail and incontinent when I'm 70. ::)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 07:50:58 AM »
When you truly enjoy something you do so regardless of results.

You will enjoy training a lot more with gear but you will plateau with that just as well with time.

Moral of the story....just enjoy.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:00:15 AM »
Full disclosure: my gear is supposedly waiting in my buddy's dead-drop PO box 2 states away. It's been there for 3 weeks and he hasn't been able to get out there. Such is life

I made the mistake of perusing 2 years of training logs this morning between sets. I am diligent at training. I usually lift for 4-5x week and conditioning for the other 2 days a week, usually with one full day off. I eat 95% clean with one little cheat meal with my son per week. I watch my diet carefully and adjust as necessary. I take lots of worthless supplements in the vain hope that one of them will do fucking SOMETHING.

Well, my training logs don't lie to me. In two years, I have made zero progress on anything. Despite training hard, I am on a fucking mouse-wheel. And if you count my injury, I have actually gone backwards in a bunch of things.

I have managed to shed some extra weight, but I fucking know that it was probably 50% (or more!) muscle that dropped with the fat.

Same for me. The past year was drug free. I hold a training journal and i lifted exactly the same weight a years ago, and i'm even weaker on squat and deadlift because of lower back issue.
All weight added was mostly fat.
The only progress are that i'm wider because i tried different exercise for shoulder, but that's all.

So now what to do ?

It's really easy, a 16 week cut, test/tren/clen/fat burner - cardio and keto, losing 20 lbs.

asstropin

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 10:49:46 AM »

well thats a greddy stance by the guy.

the point of training would be to maintain what one has at some fairly lean bodyfat, it will look good enough.

he will plateau again even if he jumps on gear, one will soon maz out on say 250mg test weekly and thats that.all he do is maintain, or come off and lose that.

or can slowly build up the dsage until geneticaly maxing out and risking all his health.

i dont make any progress in 10 years, and am hapy to have what i have.its good enough for me.

n

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:51 AM »
You shouldn't be discouraged or hard on urself. U stayed healthier than if u hadn't worked out and looked xtimes better as well. Even on gear ppl plateau (myself included) and we bitch and moan; always chasing more (which also requires u to eat more, pin more gear, etc, it's a pain and at tines hell). Try to see the positive in everything. Best of luck

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »
I get what you mean once I reach a plateau and i realize their is no way to improve training becomes very boring for me. The only thing that helps a little is to think that you will have natural testosterone levels that are high for a long time if your not taking steroids. Plus you never have to be paranoid or worry about what the steroids are doing to your body behind the scenes.

This might seem kind of lame but i guess you could always try to change up your lifting in the gym and make it something you haven't done for a while. Lifting natural some times just takes more motivation.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 02:19:42 PM »
I get what you mean once I reach a plateau and i realize their is no way to improve training becomes very boring for me. The only thing that helps a little is to think that you will have natural testosterone levels that are high for a long time if your not taking steroids. Plus you never have to be paranoid or worry about what the steroids are doing to your body behind the scenes.

This might seem kind of lame but i guess you could always try to change up your lifting in the gym and make it something you haven't done for a while. Lifting natural some times just takes more motivation.

Natural T levels not so high. I am at the very bottom of "normal". Mid-range for an 84 year old man. GP won't consider TRT until <300, and the "Anti-Aging Clinics" seem to sell really expensive blood testing panels.

Doing self-administered TRT to see what that does.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 02:43:14 PM »
Why don't you work on strength for a while?
Most dudes peak in strength in their early 40's

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 02:44:36 PM »
Natural T levels not so high. I am at the very bottom of "normal". Mid-range for an 84 year old man. GP won't consider TRT until <300, and the "Anti-Aging Clinics" seem to sell really expensive blood testing panels.

Doing self-administered TRT to see what that does.
yo as far natural test levels go,whether theyre low or high, as long its natural, its fucking shit either way, theres no difference in muscle building or recovery noticeable at all.

somewhere 150-200mg weekly is where the wall is broken through.anything under it is a joke.

20mg week or 80mg week, both wont build muscle
n

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 03:29:36 PM »

That's right.. My father was benching 405 in his mid 40s and never touched any juice..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 03:36:57 PM »

I am 48. My structure isn't really built for strength moves. Tall with long ape-arms.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »
Natural always sucks. Just ask any old person. ;-)

Seriously, when you consider how much progress a person on a good diet with basic training, average genetics and low doses of testosterone (even just an oral) can make compared to a natural who eats like Jesus, never cheats, trains meticulously, and goes 6-7 days a week, you realize how pointless it is to train for muscle/definition unless you're on something.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
I am 48. My structure isn't really built for strength moves. Tall with long ape-arms.
man, i have some structural flaws too, who cares.

and yes,naturals will be complaining.

i said it 100times, train and eat 2 years, then diet down, see if you like whats left naturaly and if its worth the effort to maintain it.

if not:

other hobby

gear

the gear gains will fade away when going off.so its leased muscle.

the destruction steroids do, the ones noticeable after going off, are not for everyone either.

temporary impotence, gyno, accelerated hairlos.

can happen out of the blue sky.

there is no way in hell i would waste any time whatsoever in the gym naturaly,id do more enjoyable things elsewhere
n

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 06:27:37 AM »
If your training program is as misguided as your cloak and dagger gear sourcing strategy that may explain the lack of gains.

Getting your "buddy" involved is mistake number one. Involving unnecessary third parties is the NUMBER ONE reason people get themselves in bad situations. Not only have u added an additional potential conspiracy charge to whatever you may be up to but you've guaranteed one for your buddy in addition (if caught he'll be charged w/ everything but likely only conspiracy and mail fraud would stick if he really doesn't know what you're up to). And don't think for a second that your best buddy isn't going to fold to protect u. I don't care how close u think u are, he'll be talking real quick when sitting in a room full of agents from 10 different LE agencies.

Moving it across state lines? No better way to guarantee federal involvement. Another huge mistake. IRS would love to slap some tax charges on u. U also give every federal LE agency, from the Postal Service to the FBI, a reason to get involved.

If the government wants to prosecute u for what I assume is a small, personal use amount of gear they can. Electronic monitoring and surveillance will create a sufficient paper trail regardless of how careful u think you've been. U think the mailbox companies, money transfer agents, email providers, banks, credit card companies, etc., won't respond to a judicial subpoena for your records? They'll do it in a heartbeat to protect themselves.

For small, personal use amounts your "drop box" scheme is actually putting u, and your buddy, in greater jeopardy.

Very small fish to fry bro..there not going to waste their time and man power on him for 50 amps of test..they are looking for dealers..I'm glad I have a perscription  and don't have to worry about shit..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 07:01:46 AM »
If your training program is as misguided as your cloak and dagger gear sourcing strategy that may explain the lack of gains.

Getting your "buddy" involved is mistake number one. Involving unnecessary third parties is the NUMBER ONE reason people get themselves in bad situations. Not only have u added an additional potential conspiracy charge to whatever you may be up to but you've guaranteed one for your buddy in addition (if caught he'll be charged w/ everything but likely only conspiracy and mail fraud would stick if he really doesn't know what you're up to). And don't think for a second that your best buddy isn't going to fold to protect u. I don't care how close u think u are, he'll be talking real quick when sitting in a room full of agents from 10 different LE agencies.

Moving it across state lines? No better way to guarantee federal involvement. Another huge mistake. IRS would love to slap some tax charges on u. U also give every federal LE agency, from the Postal Service to the FBI, a reason to get involved.

If the government wants to prosecute u for what I assume is a small, personal use amount of gear they can. Electronic monitoring and surveillance will create a sufficient paper trail regardless of how careful u think you've been. U think the mailbox companies, money transfer agents, email providers, banks, credit card companies, etc., won't respond to a judicial subpoena for your records? They'll do it in a heartbeat to protect themselves.

For small, personal use amounts your "drop box" scheme is actually putting u, and your buddy, in greater jeopardy.

Well, I won't be needing any extra cardio today after reading that!  :-\

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 07:21:43 AM »
preach on it.
sept 10th APF

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »
yea dont prder gear online, buy local, as in, within own state.lol.

usa isnt europe.

when i was 20 yrs old went to a disco in germany and forgot some eq in the car, with cow and horse on the label, the customs found it and said why the hell you need this this is for horses, said its very good to lift,sir.

gues what he left it with us, and told us to leave it home next time or drop it a few miles before border.

but this isnt the same in the usa.

n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 07:27:17 PM »
Would never happen in today's USA.

How old were u when u first started experimenting w/ the special supplements?
18 or so, i forgot
n

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 10:49:21 PM »
18 or so, i forgot

Damn thats young.

You still had many years you could have grown naturally.
A