Author Topic: breaking news  (Read 1839 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
breaking news
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:45:50 AM »
 ;D VKM is said to be in negotations to buy newcastle united magpies of the premier football league. :o :o :o :o :o
F

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: breaking news
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
;D VKM is said to be in negotations to buy newcastle united magpies of the premier football league. :o :o :o :o :o

Jonh Cena is a self-described Tottenham Hotspur supporter, so I don't know how this is going to work out.
~

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 07:21:12 PM »
The new XFL   :-X

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 01:53:35 AM »
Every business venture the old man has tried outside of wrestling has tanked.

...but, I'm sure this one will work. ::)

;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 05:23:27 AM »
Every business venture the old man has tried outside of wrestling has tanked.

...but, I'm sure this one will work. ::)

;D

Ironically, I heard Vince interviewed on Bloomberg. He said he didn't consider the WWE a wrestling company.

Sorry, Vinman. Heinz makes ketchup. You make wrestling.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »
Ironically, I heard Vince interviewed on Bloomberg. He said he didn't consider the WWE a wrestling company.

He is such a fucking turd.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
I would love to see this if it's true, Newcastle are my team's biggest local rivals.  Their club is already teetering close to being a shambles, and Vince coming in would probably tip them over the edge.  He knows nothing about football, and not many US investors have done well with football teams in the UK.  Fenway are doing OK with Liverpool, but that's about it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 07:24:21 PM »

Yeah, I've heard him make the same proclamation. I don't know if he's trying to distance himself from the negative stereotype that  pro-wrestling used to have, or if it's some other kind of facade.

He wants to think of the Fed as an entertainment company, but as long as there's a ring with guys in spandex pretending to fight inside of it, sorry... you're a wrestling company.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 07:48:53 AM »

Yeah, I've heard him make the same proclamation. I don't know if he's trying to distance himself from the negative stereotype that  pro-wrestling used to have, or if it's some other kind of facade.

He wants to think of the Fed as an entertainment company, but as long as there's a ring with guys in spandex pretending to fight inside of it, sorry... you're a wrestling company.
YEAH really,its like ringling bros and barnham bailey saying you know we are an enterprise formally known as a circus...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 10:50:24 AM »

Yeah, I've heard him make the same proclamation. I don't know if he's trying to distance himself from the negative stereotype that  pro-wrestling used to have...

This is exactly what he's trying to do.

Now, that the WWE is a public company, he has to present a corporate image at all times if he wants big money mutual funds to hold the stock.

I noticed he's doing a nice Black History month tribute on Raw, but, those of us who go back a ways with Vince know that, over the years, blacks were portrayed primarily as pimps and savages.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
I would love to see this if it's true, Newcastle are my team's biggest local rivals.  Their club is already teetering close to being a shambles, and Vince coming in would probably tip them over the edge.  He knows nothing about football, and not many US investors have done well with football teams in the UK.  Fenway are doing OK with Liverpool, but that's about it.

I loathe the team, of course, but isn't Man U owned by Yanks?
~

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »
I loathe the team, of course, but isn't Man U owned by Yanks?

Yeah, the Glazers, but they've not put much money into the club for quite a few years and the team has suffered.  Ferguson had managed them for 20+ years, and when he retired last summer, he left a team which had been over performing massively.  The new manager couldn't get the same out of them, and they were struggling to make a top 4 finish this season.  The owners did plough some cash in during January, but it might not be enough to get them Champions League football next season.

As a group of owners, they've done OK, but not great.  Same with Randy Lerner who owned Villa, they just paid huge transfers and wages, resulting in the club being massively overstretched.  They've had to sell almost the entire team and rebuild with younger cheaper talent instead.

Currently, the most successful US-owned club would be Liverpool, who have slowly built a team by investing wisely, and are on course to do very well this season.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »
This is exactly what he's trying to do.

Now, that the WWE is a public company, he has to present a corporate image at all times if he wants big money mutual funds to hold the stock.

I noticed he's doing a nice Black History month tribute on Raw, but, those of us who go back a ways with Vince know that, over the years, blacks were portrayed primarily as pimps and savages.

You have a very keen and astute observation of the business. I like that!