Author Topic: Pros and long haul flights...  (Read 1587 times)

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Pros and long haul flights...
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:58:39 AM »
I'm wondering how pros would handle a flight from the US to Australia diet wise. 22 hours or so in transit is a bit of a stretch if all you eat is aeroplane food. Are you guys able to bring your own food on the flight?

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Pros and long haul flights...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 01:06:26 AM »
Of course u can bring food on the plane.  You really think someones gonna eat airplane food a week out from the show?

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 01:45:07 AM »
I have the pros email their food requirements before they leave. We have food prepared as soon as they arrive. I make sure each room has full cooking facilities and a hamper of clean food. As long as they eat their carry on food before the plane lands, no problem. We recognise the extra effort the guys make to support my show, with the long distance. That is why we go the extra distance with the facilities here. Australian Pro grand Prix VI is ready to rock. We have confirmed Lee Priest,  Branch Warren, Ronnie Rockel, Jaraslav Horvath, Vince Taylor, Christian Lobarede and Francis Benfatto. Local guys Jon Davie, Neil Gardner and Charlie Duca are 100% on. There are big names still to confirm. Dennis James, Mahammad Mustafa and CC.
www.dohertysgym.com

MonstaDwarf

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • lift it machine
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 02:42:15 AM »
Vince and Francis will both be huge pluses to any comp. Lets hope age has not weakened them but has only made them stronger.
At least i wont be the oldest guy on stage. although prolly still be the shortest :D
forward ho

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 02:57:21 AM »
I have the pros email their food requirements before they leave. We have food prepared as soon as they arrive. I make sure each room has full cooking facilities and a hamper of clean food. As long as they eat their carry on food before the plane lands, no problem. We recognise the extra effort the guys make to support my show, with the long distance. That is why we go the extra distance with the facilities here. Australian Pro grand Prix VI is ready to rock. We have confirmed Lee Priest,  Branch Warren, Ronnie Rockel, Jaraslav Horvath, Vince Taylor, Christian Lobarede and Francis Benfatto. Local guys Jon Davie, Neil Gardner and Charlie Duca are 100% on. There are big names still to confirm. Dennis James, Mahammad Mustafa and CC.
www.dohertysgym.com
Nice job tony...

Hey you wouldn't interested in an ex-gold's venice 8 stack FLEX multi pulley unit I have in sydney would you?

Has the following: 2 x lat pulldown (405lbs stacks), 2 x cable row (405lb stacks), 1 x crossovers 200lbs stacks + chin, 1 x high/low pulley 200lb stack, 1 x tricep pushdown pulley 200lb stack.

Brought it back from LA with a bunch of stuff a year ago. Was in gold's from 1998 to 2004. Black frame, yellow/black pads.

was on the dennis james dvd.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 04:01:57 AM »
I'm wondering how pros would handle a flight from the US to Australia diet wise. 22 hours or so in transit is a bit of a stretch if all you eat is aeroplane food. Are you guys able to bring your own food on the flight?

Just follow what Ronnie did while on board
I am a mini beast

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 10:12:54 PM »
that's not lee labrada