Author Topic: The Strongest Man who ever lived  (Read 19721 times)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
Re: The Strongest Man who ever lived
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »
You are referring to this guy:

;D

Lol man I remember when I started a new job in holland and I was in training with this black-English hardcore Muslim with the pube beard and all. Actually a really nice guy but his constant mumbling to himself about Islam and his constant praying annoyed me. Yeah, I'm a kunt.  I used to go for lunch with him for a few weeks at the start and I was sorta interested in how a guy can be this brainwashed.
I mean this guy was seriously strict Muslim - no drinking, no fucking, no going out, etc. and it intrigued me so I used to question him about how his father had several wives, etc. One day I just snapped and was like "how the fuck are you so sure that there's a heaven and that there's a Muhammad or God or whatever".
He thought about it for a while and was giving me bullshit answers but I remember he told me about how the Muslims had the strongest man alive to their credit and I was lol'ing cos I knew who he was referring to straight away. He really believed the dude was the strongest man alive and his shit was all legit like he didn't wanna go full horsepower in case he killed everyone lol

Strongest legs-paul anderson
strongest shoulders-zydrunas

All around prob Kaz, rzezezezezedeh, or kegdrainer.

LOL

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »
I believe that had Mark Henry focused on true strength and not converted to Olympic lifting and then wrestling, he could have rewritten the books on every power move ever recorded.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »
I believe that had Mark Henry focused on true strength and not converted to Olympic lifting and then wrestling, he could have rewritten the books on every power move ever recorded.

Guy is a beast, I'd love to have known what he was capable of.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2014, 04:22:57 PM »
i heard hes notoriously lazy thats why he never peake

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2014, 04:31:59 PM »

I've got an old muscle and fitness article on him when he just turned twenty. it said he did a highbar squat with 921 with a wrestling singlet on when he was 19.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »

What utter nonsense. A liar and a brainwashed fool.

Allah? Mohammed? Oh, brother.  ::)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2014, 03:42:46 AM »

Henry is a good shout. I believe he holds the combined PL + OL record total (C&J + Snatch + Squat + Bench + Deadlift).
Misha Koklyaev is worthy of a mention too. Reached a world class level in Weightlifting, Powerlifting and Strongman.

Don't forget this dude as well.  ;D

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2014, 07:07:18 AM »
Mark Henry was a great all around strength athlete.  After being world class in powerlifting and weightlifting, he jumped in the first Arnold Strongman and won that easily.   

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2014, 07:56:55 AM »
i heard hes notoriously lazy thats why he never peake

Wonder what dominic filiou would have been really capable of had he really tried, at 6-6 440 he dwarfed other Strongmen and had probably the largest muscular arms ever

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2014, 09:22:38 AM »
The strongest man ever? It's too hard to say. The toughest man ever? That's easy.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2014, 08:22:18 PM »

Shane Hamman is up there.

Doesn't seem like the type to take a lot of drugs.

Just naturally strong like Paul Anderson, has the same body structure.

Squat 986 lbs in competition like its nothing.

Competed in the olympics which has stricter drug testing so can't use huge dosages indiscriminately like stongmen or untested powerlifting feds.

Hairline of peace.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »
 :D

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »
Henry is a good shout. I believe he holds the combined PL + OL record total (C&J + Snatch + Squat + Bench + Deadlift).
Misha Koklyaev is worthy of a mention too. Reached a world class level in Weightlifting, Powerlifting and Strongman.

Don't forget this dude as well.  ;D

Lol at putting on an intense face for the 'lift' "arrgggggg"

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »

Competed in the olympics which has stricter drug testing so can't use huge dosages indiscriminately like stongmen or untested powerlifting feds.

Hairline of peace.

Strong dude... one of the strongest in American history, but even his mind was blown in the training halls of the Olympics.

A

Voici Le Rédempteur

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Pour effacer la tache originelle.
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »
Louis Cyr (born Cyprien-Noé Cyr, 1863–1912) was a famous French Canadian strongman with a career spanning the late 19th and early 20th centuries. His recorded feats, including lifting 500 pounds (227 kg) with three fingers and carrying 4,337 pounds (1,967 kg) on his back, show Cyr to be, according to former International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness chairman Ben Weider, the strongest man ever to have lived.

The Cyr descendants all came from Normadie, a part of France that was mainly populated by Norwegians Vikings establishing camps before entering La Seine to ravage and pillage. St-Pierre, St-Clair, Sauveur, Cyr are last name often associated with "Normans".

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2014, 09:44:30 PM »
Strong dude... one of the strongest in American history, but even his mind was blown in the training halls of the Olympics.

A lot of the top weightlifters start training and juicing when toddlers.  ;D

Shane Hamman switched to olympic wegihtlifting later in his lifting career, probably not trained by the best coaches either.

"I was in off-season football my freshmen year when I squatted for the first time. I did 135, 225, 315, 405, 495. I was hitting the bars on the bottom of the squat racks but still squatted the weight up. Everybody was freaking and I really didn't know why. I didn't realize that I was that strong until I competed for the first time when I was 18 yrs old." - Shane Hamman  :o

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »
The Cyr descendants all came from Normadie, a part of France that was mainly populated by Norwegians Vikings establishing camps before entering La Seine to ravage and pillage. St-Pierre, St-Clair, Sauveur, Cyr are last name often associated with "Normans".

I didn't know that his surname was Norse in origin - but now that you mention it, it makes sense: Cyr, Tyr, ...

Nordics do seen to produce a lot of strong people.

+1 post

Voici Le Rédempteur

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Pour effacer la tache originelle.
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2014, 09:56:24 PM »
I didn't know that his surname was Norse in origin - but now that you mention it, it makes sense: Cyr, Tyr, ...

Nordics do seen to produce a lot of strong people.

+1 post

They don't per say produce them... they selected them :)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »

in 1986 I met a man that said he was Louis Cyr's nephew..  he was French Canadian and looked just like him - face, hair and physique.  he was 50 and just had open heart surgery.   he walked into this little gym I trained at, and put 5 plates aside on the squat and did one rep. he racked it and walked out.   there were only 3 guys in there, and nobody knw what the ffff had just happened.  it was a couple months later that I got to know him, and his stories seemed believable and the strength things I saw him do blew my mind.

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2014, 01:13:10 PM »
we will never know exactlywho is the strongest man who ever lived . americans will promotheir best norwegianswill have their own and candians remember louis cyr .

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
What utter nonsense. A liar and a brainwashed fool.

Allah? Mohammed? Oh, brother.  ::)
abul fazl, bitches

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2014, 07:10:58 AM »
some are downright fat . as cyr and zadey and savickacs are .. i know muscle under ...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2014, 07:12:31 AM »
Big motherfucking swinging Dicked Bob

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2014, 07:31:58 AM »

Hairline of peace.

What about Coan?

He squatted 961 and deadlifted 901 at 220lbs

Fair enough, he didn't compete in weightlifting or strongman but in terms of Squat and Dead he's definitely one of the strongest ever.

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
edwas good in hissport like rigert was in weightlifting . ed bench was less mind boggling though . still good .