Author Topic: Obama set to send FCC to spy on media newsrooms - WSJ  (Read 436 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Obama set to send FCC to spy on media newsrooms - WSJ
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
"Voluntary" lol...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:58:46 PM »
I still remember idiots on getbig defending the patriot act back in 2004, 2005, 2006...

"I don't care if the govt looks thru my stuff, I have nothing to hide, I'll never know, who cares..."

i'm glad that kinda talk has stopped.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 05:24:05 AM »
I still remember idiots on getbig defending the patriot act back in 2004, 2005, 2006...

Are you stating that you were against the patriot act (some of its key provisions were extended in 2011 for 4 more years by your messiah aka the jokeinthewhitehouse), but not against this?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 06:09:56 AM »
Can somebody explain to me what the big deal is here?  (I am not at all saying that this isn't truly some horrible thing, just that I don't really have a handle on it.)

From what I gather, the FCC apparently info about how news agencies decide which stories to run and if the news presented leaves out info of a "critical" (huh?) nature for the good folks that live in the USA.  This is about all that's clear to me now except that such reports have also been compiled in the past (which I read somewhere).

So, if at all possible, can you use historically accurate examples of what the FCC or our government in general has done with such info in the past when and if you're going to predict that some objectionable action is likely to follow as a result of this gathering of info?

Cuz it seems to me that identifying what reasonably important news Americans aren't often given might be legitimately useful for the FCC to decide what kind of new stations should be given preference for new licenses to operate.  Although I realize that many will think "keep the gov't out of the news business", I've been reading that 6 companies (the "big six") own 90% of the media outlets in this country and that's somewhat alarming so I'm not so sure I wouldn't be for gathering some hard data about what news is available and how what is available is chosen even if it's just for the purpose of the FCC deciding how it will spend any public money used for news broadcasting so that it would go to some market that that might be under-served (for whatever reason).

Anyway, if this sort of thing is something someone here has some specific knowledge about, please share.  (Otherwise I guess I'll be heading over to Reddit which has so many readers that there's seemingly always someone with first-hand experience about almost anything who's willing to write about it.)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »
Are you stating that you were against the patriot act (some of its key provisions were extended in 2011 for 4 more years by your messiah aka the jokeinthewhitehouse), but not against this?

i'm against it under bush, i'm against it under obama, i'll be against it under hilary or cruz or whoever is next.  

and I'm 100% against this, also.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »
nothing to see here.. move along

what time is Duck Dynasty on again?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »