Author Topic: 5 years ago  (Read 5835 times)

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: 5 years ago
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2014, 05:26:51 AM »
Lovely stuff! (sarcastic)

5 years ago I was either bloated from prednisone, dehydrated from salazopyrine or miserable from methotrexate. Again morbid obese (BMI was 34), had clawed hands, swollen joints, walked with a severe limp (rheumatic arthritis), had a burn out or depression. Looking good was not a priority...

Now, at 36 I look even better than I did at 16. Slimmed down to a BMI of 22, full of happiness, off medication and able to exercise.
I even had to ID when I wanted to buy a alcoholic beverage, because the sales clerk did not believe I'm over 25.  ;D

i had to do the methotrexate shit too, first the tablets then the weekly shots. Horrible drug like the prednisone, the methotrexate receeded my hairline i think.
Glad to be rid of all that.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2014, 05:36:02 AM »
I was in much better shape 5 years ago. Work and family took over training and diet.
Getting back to it now though

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 06:04:12 AM »
i had to do the methotrexate shit too, first the tablets then the weekly shots. Horrible drug like the prednisone, the methotrexate receeded my hairline i think.
Glad to be rid of all that.

I also went from mtx tablets to shots; the tablets weren't strong enough and we could not up the dose any further. The shots were painful and left ugly black necrosis spots on my belly, but I hungered for them as if I were a junky. They did help to ease the pain and swelling. Switched back to tablets again when I had to switch to a different brand of shots with blunt and crooked needles...
My hair thinned out a bit and clogged many a drain. Still have enough on my head to make a decent pony tail or braid. Or to dye in unlikely colours like blue or purple.

The high dosed prednisone shots were a mixed blessing. The first week I was as sick as a dog, but the following six weeks a felt as if I were super girl.  :D

Still, I'm glad that's all over!

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 06:27:59 AM »
Physique the same, stay lean and holding size, def better muscle quality than 5 years ago.

Face looks the same, sometimes i wonder if i'm aging faster because of working a lot but i don't do any drugs or drink/smoke at all and i look in the mirror and barely age.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 07:56:53 AM »
I look a shitton better now than five years ago. In fact I haven't looked and felt better, and haven't been this healthy, in the preceding 20 years. My goal is to be even better at 45 than at 40.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
that beethoven comment always angers people so much, in real life (outside of getbig).

It really does. Especially when referring to someone's untimely death. ;D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 10:32:50 AM »
I also went from mtx tablets to shots; the tablets weren't strong enough and we could not up the dose any further. The shots were painful and left ugly black necrosis spots on my belly, but I hungered for them as if I were a junky. They did help to ease the pain and swelling. Switched back to tablets again when I had to switch to a different brand of shots with blunt and crooked needles...
My hair thinned out a bit and clogged many a drain. Still have enough on my head to make a decent pony tail or braid. Or to dye in unlikely colours like blue or purple.

The high dosed prednisone shots were a mixed blessing. The first week I was as sick as a dog, but the following six weeks a felt as if I were super girl.  :D

Still, I'm glad that's all over!

Those methotrexate shots hurt a lot, always had bruises. Never understood why the needle was so long for sub cut shots. I used to dread every wednsday knowing that shot was imminent lol.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 02:36:13 AM »
Mr. AZ 2003