Author Topic: biggest bb robberies...  (Read 7493 times)

Alucard

• Getbig IV
Re: biggest bb robberies...
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »
I remember him just fine. Gigantic, shapeless arms
chest covered in fat chunks of hideous veins
the back of a man about 50lbs lighter
and couldn't hold a pose for 3 seconds
not to mention carried off the AC stage like a cardboard cutout because he froze in FDB pose from diuretics abuse
he was a fat turd and had a terrible attitude
no wonder his career went nowhere, freak though he was
Ok, fine, we have different views on athletes, nothing wrong with it... The gigantic shapeless arms is too much, gigantic yes, the biggest in the history of bb (not counting super tall hideous bodybuilders with blobs and/or oiled freaks), but with amazing long peaked biceps and Levronesque long peaked triceps but bigger and full of striations, you need to refresh your memory... Varicose vein? Yes they sucked and penalised him a lot... Back? Back was wide with amazing insertions, he just couldn't open it and train it as it should... Posing sucked, especially after the 94 ASC incident (his potential career ended that day), but before was somewhat decent... Abuse from diuretics thank to John Romano, and what this had to do with his overall physique? In precedent posts you are praising Nasser who had shitty shaped oiled arms and oiled calves (yes, already in 1996), was fantastic from the front and not very good from the back (just like Dillett, who was even better from the front), but you think Paul was top 10 material at best... He was consistently top 5-6 in the toughest bb era, the early 90s, not bad for someone with such problems... Just debating Icelord, no problems...

sancho ed

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »
dillett had amazing genetics, but back shots were beyond bad(yes, waaaay worst then nasser). and he never had that rock hard solid look like nasser or yates....always seemed watery

sancho ed

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
Kevin English and his 1st placings against Flex Lewis and Dave Henry...

Columbu beating Platz at the 1981 Olympia (and Padilla 5th!!!).

anyone with a link to finals 1981 olympia? cant find on youtube...

Simple Simon

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
anyone with a link to finals 1981 olympia? cant find on youtube...
Columbu had them all removed out of embarrassment

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »
Sometimes I wish we could just remove the whole dryness or "condition" aspect of bodybuilding. Just be massive and low bodyfat. Who cares is there is a little water.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2014, 05:44:19 PM »
Ok, fine, we have different views on athletes, nothing wrong with it... The gigantic shapeless arms is too much, gigantic yes, the biggest in the history of bb (not counting super tall hideous bodybuilders with blobs and/or oiled freaks), but with amazing long peaked biceps and Levronesque long peaked triceps but bigger and full of striations, you need to refresh your memory... Varicose vein? Yes they sucked and penalised him a lot... Back? Back was wide with amazing insertions, he just couldn't open it and train it as it should... Posing sucked, especially after the 94 ASC incident (his potential career ended that day), but before was somewhat decent... Abuse from diuretics thank to John Romano, and what this had to do with his overall physique? In precedent posts you are praising Nasser who had shitty shaped oiled arms and oiled calves (yes, already in 1996), was fantastic from the front and not very good from the back (just like Dillett, who was even better from the front), but you think Paul was top 10 material at best... He was consistently top 5-6 in the toughest bb era, the early 90s, not bad for someone with such problems... Just debating Icelord, no problems...
I don't need to refresh my memory about anything. I met the guy in real life at his "biggest", which was about 1998-1999.

He was fairly humble, an approachable bodybuilder compared to the others.

But his physique was wonky. He had freakishly big limbs and a narrow torso by comparison. His veins were genetic - but they looked ugly. And his chest wasn't that good.

Ultimately, he was a classic all-drugs physique. He was lazy in the gym. If he was so great, why didn't he win the O or place higher at the other shows?

because he didn't have "it". Ronnie had "it." Dexter had "it." In my opinion, Wolf does too.

This is Paul after he got off the sauce

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2014, 05:58:33 PM »
Any time Branch beats anyone its a robbery.
amen

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2014, 08:07:03 PM »
 ::)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »
Kevin English must have sucked a lot of d¡ck$ to win so many shows looking like absolutely $hit.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »
Josh Compton not winning the overall over the SHW. The Teen Nationals when the Gaspari kid beat the HW for the over all.

Simple Simon

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2014, 01:26:44 AM »
Sometimes I wish we could just remove the whole dryness or "condition" aspect of bodybuilding. Just be massive and low bodyfat. Who cares is there is a little water.
Dont you watch the Olympia shows anymore, you have just described 95% of the competitors.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2014, 01:41:43 AM »
Kevin English must have sucked a lot of d¡ck$ to win so many shows looking like absolutely $hit.

Look at where he guest poses in someone's office trains

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »
;D

5th seems common when getting screwed....

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2014, 02:01:41 AM »
Surprised Coleman obliterated any competition during his prime?

0/10

And we should care about what you have to say newbie? Your opinion = 0/10

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2014, 04:41:20 AM »
I don't need to refresh my memory about anything. I met the guy in real life at his "biggest", which was about 1998-1999.

He was fairly humble, an approachable bodybuilder compared to the others.

But his physique was wonky. He had freakishly big limbs and a narrow torso by comparison. His veins were genetic - but they looked ugly. And his chest wasn't that good.

Ultimately, he was a classic all-drugs physique. He was lazy in the gym. If he was so great, why didn't he win the O or place higher at the other shows?

because he didn't have "it". Ronnie had "it." Dexter had "it." In my opinion, Wolf does too.

This is Paul after he got off the sauce

Well, in 1998-1999 he probably weighed more than in the past, but he was already washed up, also with many shoulder injuries that slowly destroyed his width... Yes, he was lazy, he also had a serious asthma problem... I agree that he was all drugs, but i will add all genetic and drugs... Not that all the others bodybuilders are different however, everyone is all drugs, and in his first years he probably used less than few others top competitors... He won few GPs, and always placed fairly well in top shows, he was third after the 1997 O prejudging, and was battling the first place with Levrone at 1994 ASC before the incident... Look, for me Paul was never a Mr Olympia, he never "had it" overall yes, he never had the mind of a Coleman or Yates, probably not followed by the right people, many also said that for him this was just a hobby, and he clearly had some mind-muscle problem from the start, not easy... I know fully well that Paul got in "fat turd" shape after retiring, but at least he was smart enough to stop everything, contrary to some decomposed melted ones, and it's been years that Paul returned normal, today he's fine... For me the early 90s Dillett will always remain as the ultimate superfreak, the most impressive physique i ever seen, an unbelievable combination with the greatest structure and muscle bellies on a real tall body, an alien that we probably never see again (just like Coleman for different things)...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2014, 06:11:54 AM »
dont forget the 1994 Mr. Olympia

even musclemag thought ray should have beaten yates
Flower Boy Ran Away

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2014, 07:43:21 AM »
Any time Branch beats anyone its a robbery.
This x 10, perfect example of what Bodybuilding has become!

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2014, 08:02:11 AM »
Dorian winning every olympia he won was basic highway robbery and lets not forget about Culter and his wins except for maybe 09 when he actually went on stage ripped.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2014, 08:48:36 AM »
dont forget the 1994 Mr. Olympia

even musclemag thought ray should have beaten yates
I really don't think the 1994 O as much of a robbery as 1997 O, but it could have been Ray first, Dillett second, Levrone third and Yates fourth... I'm not a fan of midgets but Ray was spot on that day... Yates still had the rock hard look and dwarfed Ray obviously, usually conditioned size win shows, but he had a torn arm, bit of a gut, and an awful color that seemed sick... Didn't he had also a torn quad already?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »
yes I think so.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
Well, in 1998-1999 he probably weighed more than in the past, but he was already washed up, also with many shoulder injuries that slowly destroyed his width... Yes, he was lazy, he also had a serious asthma problem... I agree that he was all drugs, but i will add all genetic and drugs... Not that all the others bodybuilders are different however, everyone is all drugs, and in his first years he probably used less than few others top competitors... He won few GPs, and always placed fairly well in top shows, he was third after the 1997 O prejudging, and was battling the first place with Levrone at 1994 ASC before the incident... Look, for me Paul was never a Mr Olympia, he never "had it" overall yes, he never had the mind of a Coleman or Yates, probably not followed by the right people, many also said that for him this was just a hobby, and he clearly had some mind-muscle problem from the start, not easy... I know fully well that Paul got in "fat turd" shape after retiring, but at least he was smart enough to stop everything, contrary to some decomposed melted ones, and it's been years that Paul returned normal, today he's fine... For me the early 90s Dillett will always remain as the ultimate superfreak, the most impressive physique i ever seen, an unbelievable combination with the greatest structure and muscle bellies on a real tall body, an alien that we probably never see again (just like Coleman for different things)...
If anything his huge calves as a black man were what made him a freak. The rest of him was big but nothing we haven't seen on others since and better (Zack Khan, Big Ramy, Coleman).

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »
Cutler'a first Olympia "victory," even a 70% Coleman that night owned him
Mentzer getting robbed (as did Platz! and rest of top 5) by a smooth Arnold
Branch Warren in any show that he wasn't dead last in
Heath over Kai first time (last O Heath got him)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2014, 07:55:47 PM »
Billy guns winning over vince goodrum at the asc a couple of years ago
 The judges where clearly rascist asholes

no, i was there and witnessed the calamity. vince had some b cups and was smooth. billy at least was "lean". i have pics

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2014, 07:59:01 PM »
in 96 nasser shitted on yates in all the front and side poses.. dorian shitted on him in the 2 rear poses only..
fuck your stupid pix. watch the video. Yates won both 96 and 97

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »
I can't see what's the deal with Mentzer, dude looked average for a pro from his era. Plus, he was fifth, not second, robbed by Arnold lol.