Author Topic: any whisky drinkers?  (Read 7459 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: any whisky drinkers?
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2014, 08:13:44 PM »
I just might, I think the next glenmorangie purchase for me will be the glenmorangie quinta ruban

try it?

No, the Sherry one is the only I've tried. It's not easy to find around here, although other ones are more common. I'd want to taste them before buying an entire bottle.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »
Rarely drink but when I do it's Vodka with no particular preference as long as it's on the rock s with a couple of olives.

Overalkl favorite drink is a Margarita but heavy on the Tequila.

Many years ago (about 12) I was responsible for making a huge jug of Margaritas for a military beachside get-together and in an attempt to be funny, I downloaded a full bag of Gummi-Bears into the concoction which went over exceptionally well and has been a favorite drink (Gummy Bear Margarita) whenever we gather together.

Now you can order Gummy Bear Margaritas in some of the top LV nightspots which will set you back about $14 each after the $20 to $40 cover charge.

The "Bodybuilding Gummy Bear Margarita'  comes with a splash of RED BULL which raises the price to $16 so I've bveen told.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2014, 08:51:29 PM »
Rarely drink but when I do it's Vodka with no particular preference as long as it's on the rock s with a couple of olives.

Overalkl favorite drink is a Margarita but heavy on the Tequila.

Many years ago (about 12) I was responsible for making a huge jug of Margaritas for a military beachside get-together and in an attempt to be funny, I downloaded a full bag of Gummi-Bears into the concoction which went over exceptionally well and has been a favorite drink (Gummy Bear Margarita) whenever we gather together.

Now you can order Gummy Bear Margaritas in some of the top LV nightspots which will set you back about $14 each after the $20 to $40 cover charge.

The "Bodybuilding Gummy Bear Margarita'  comes with a splash of RED BULL which raises the price to $16 so I've bveen told.

I would feel like a homo ordering anything with the word gummy bear in it at a bar tbh.

in the privacy of my own home, yes. sounds really good lmao.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2014, 08:53:53 PM »
George Dickel No.12

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2014, 10:20:42 PM »
I do drink in a very conservative manner. I have all but stopped drinking beer, and replaced it with having a whisky or two neat.

I have gone through a couple different brands this last few months, mostly scotch's and I have found Glenmorangie to my favorite.

With the much less expensive irish whisky, Jameson a close second.

what do you fellas recommend?

I hardly buy same whiskey twice, because I want to taste every one of them. Still, there is some I stash in by bar, because I have not find better to my taste. Like BenRiach 15 Year Old (Pedro Ximénez Sherry Finish) or Cask Strength Glengoyne Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Those are for sipping, and on the rocks I use Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon at the moment. In this price range you hardly find bad whiskey, so why not taste different ones. Glenmorangie is distillery, which makes dozen different whiskeys, but they are all very tasty. Why not buy all of them and try if you can taste the difference. If not, it is useless to spend money to expensive scotch  ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2014, 10:25:50 PM »
Just to add, I am member of the House of Johnie Walker (in Sydney) & they have testing sessions every month.
I would usually bring 3-4 gent's/ladies for little bit of fun, + they give away free bottles of Black 1.
No jerks & boozers at those events, very good place for meeting upper eshalon.
Don't forget to eat dry (non oily) fruit before testing or  :P

Johnie W. testing club could be in yours city too, so sniff around  ;)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »
George Dickel No.12

Nice pick. Been a while.

The only Glenmorangie I've had is the stuff finished in sherry casks and I found it too flavored.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2014, 10:42:30 PM »
Just to add, I am member of the House of Johnie Walker (in Sydney) & they have testing sessions every month.
I would usually bring 3-4 gent's/ladies for little bit of fun, + they give away free bottles of Black 1.
No jerks & boozers at those events, very good place for meeting upper eshalon.
Don't forget to eat dry (non oily) fruit before testing or  :P

Johnie W. testing club could be in yours city too, so sniff around  ;)

Damn TK, I want to be your friend in real life!  8)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2014, 01:18:59 AM »
Damn TK, I want to be your friend in real life!  8)

Keep Walking  ;)

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2014, 04:00:36 AM »
I read something about proposed tax hikes to fight alcoholism in Scotland, did that bullshit ever get off the groumd?

They introduced a minimum cost per unit of alcohol to try and remedy the problem big boozers aiming it at those drinking cheap shit by the bucketload. This was back in 2012 I think. Made beer a little dearer but no noticeable difference in the price of a good malt thankfully.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2014, 04:05:36 AM »

If you haven't tried this, I highly recommend it:

Most of the Glenmorangie's are nice and tasty but the Lasanta for me was vile. Heartburn in a bottle. My oesophagus is melting just thinking about it!

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2014, 04:20:07 AM »
In my current collection:

Glengoyne 17
Caol Ila 18
Lagavulin 16
Laphroaig quater cask
Dalmore 15
Yamazaki 12
Glenlivet 12
Glenmorangie nectar d'or

I love the islay whiskys. Bang for buck, laphroaig quater cask is hard to beat. Most drinkable: Lagavulin. Best out of that bunch: Glengoyne 17.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2014, 09:04:46 AM »
Most of the Glenmorangie's are nice and tasty but the Lasanta for me was vile. Heartburn in a bottle. My oesophagus is melting just thinking about it!

It's definitely a sipping whiskey. ;D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2014, 09:07:52 AM »
Alcohol is poison.  It's also very expensive.  Give your liver and wallet a break.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2014, 01:35:33 PM »
Alcohol is poison.  It's also very expensive.  Give your liver and wallet a break.

Alcohol is bad for you??!!??

am I hearing this correctly???

No shit.

life is meant to be lived, a few drinks wont hurt, just dont be an alcy.

but we can talk about the hormones we put in our bodies all day, oh brother.

fuck right off.