Author Topic: Time to pack it in Piers Morgan  (Read 838 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Time to pack it in Piers Morgan
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:20:16 AM »
His show stinks. The entire libtard media sucks.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tuesday-cable-ratings-piers-morgan-posts-his-second-lowest-demo-rating-ever/
Tuesday Cable Ratings: Piers Morgan Posts His Second-Lowest Demo Rating Ever

With just 50K viewers in the 25-54 demo Tuesday night, CNN’s Piers Morgan had his second-lowest demo rating since his show debuted in January 2011. His lowest ratings remains the 39K viewers he had in the demo on May 15, 2012.

Morgan came in fourth place in both the demo and total viewers in his 9pm time slot. Fox’s The Kelly File was #1 with 354K in the demo and 2.068M total viewers. MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show was #2 with 227K in the demo and 906K total. And HLN’s Dr. Drew came in third with 131K in the demo and 377K total. Morgan’s CNN show had 270K total viewers.

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
Re: Time to pack it in Piers Morgan
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:50:15 AM »
His show stinks. The entire libtard media sucks.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tuesday-cable-ratings-piers-morgan-posts-his-second-lowest-demo-rating-ever/
Tuesday Cable Ratings: Piers Morgan Posts His Second-Lowest Demo Rating Ever

With just 50K viewers in the 25-54 demo Tuesday night, CNN’s Piers Morgan had his second-lowest demo rating since his show debuted in January 2011. His lowest ratings remains the 39K viewers he had in the demo on May 15, 2012.

Morgan came in fourth place in both the demo and total viewers in his 9pm time slot. Fox’s The Kelly File was #1 with 354K in the demo and 2.068M total viewers. MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show was #2 with 227K in the demo and 906K total. And HLN’s Dr. Drew came in third with 131K in the demo and 377K total. Morgan’s CNN show had 270K total viewers.

Who's Piers Morgan?  The Canadian Prime Minister?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:00:27 AM »
He is one of the most punchable assholes on earth

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:00:33 AM »
Bring back Larry King.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:06:09 AM »
Expect Morgan to exploit another tragedy to improve his ratings.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:10:52 AM »
repubs destroy dems in cable news ratings, but when it comes to prez elections, they do poorly.

they've won 2/6 of the last six elections, all by one contested state.
Dems have won 4/6 of the last 6 elections, and won easily.  Hilary leading everyone by 10+ except Ryan, by 9.

Maybe we should reach some conclusion, that a larger % of repubs watch cable news than dems?
I mean, the average repub is older than the average dem.  Maybe old people watch the news more?   lol
http://www.people-press.org/2012/06/04/partisan-polarization-surges-in-bush-obama-years/

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »
repubs destroy dems in cable news ratings, but when it comes to prez elections, they do poorly.

they've won 2/6 of the last six elections, all by one contested state.
Dems have won 4/6 of the last 6 elections, and won easily.  Hilary leading everyone by 10+ except Ryan, by 9.

Maybe we should reach some conclusion, that a larger % of repubs watch cable news than dems?
I mean, the average repub is older than the average dem.  Maybe old people watch the news more?   lol
http://www.people-press.org/2012/06/04/partisan-polarization-surges-in-bush-obama-years/
No.  Here's the conclusion you draw:  the Authoritarian personality needs constant reinforcement (self esteem) of his beliefs by the daddy figures.  They watch the same programs, buy the same books and congregate in packs at various web sites.  Nary a word of divergence is spoken.  They march lockstep.  This observation of yours about viewership sort of lends credence to that conclusion.  It's not that there are more right wingers than everybody else, (presidential elections bear that out) they just march religiously to the same drumbeat practically without err.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »
younger people are more liberal.   they're raising families, working 60 hours a week, going to school, being busy, watching bullshit like american idol and generally don't have a clue about what's going on in the world.  They know the latest dance steps but don't have a clue what's going on in the news.

older people are more settled down.  They read the paper and watch news, and watch analysis of news cause they like the news so much lol.   Their kids are older, they're retiring or retired.  They enjoy mental stimulation and politics/talk radio or cable news does that.  They would shoot themselves listening to the latest Eminem joint on Pandora, but they enjoy hearing smart people talk politics and news. 

Younger people are watching less cable news.   People on getbig have a hard time admitting that sometimes. 

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 01:52:33 PM »
younger people are more liberal.   they're raising families, working 60 hours a week, going to school, being busy, watching bullshit like american idol and generally don't have a clue about what's going on in the world.  They know the latest dance steps but don't have a clue what's going on in the news.

older people are more settled down.  They read the paper and watch news, and watch analysis of news cause they like the news so much lol.   Their kids are older, they're retiring or retired.  They enjoy mental stimulation and politics/talk radio or cable news does that.  They would shoot themselves listening to the latest Eminem joint on Pandora, but they enjoy hearing smart people talk politics and news. 

Younger people are watching less cable news.   People on getbig have a hard time admitting that sometimes. 
That might be true.  But you have to ask yourself, "are the rightwingers on this very board fitting the age criterion?" 

I don't think Matrix, Soul Crusher and Dario and a whole host of others are collecting their Social Security quite yet.

My conclusion aligns with your facts.  I think age does a play a role to an extent b/c old people are set in their ways. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 02:16:31 PM »
He's a Brittish version of Geraldo Rivera with a lot less class.

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »
He's a Brittish version of Geraldo Rivera with a lot less class.
Sir, that is damn near impossible.  But pretty funny.

If you ever get the chance, it might be on youtube, watch the skinheads Geraldo Rivera episode.  You can watch, in slow motion, Rivera getting his face smashed by a thrown chair.  It happens at the end of the show on the far right side of the screen.  I think he gets it twice in the schnozola.  Two chairs for the price of one.  It's riveting TV.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 03:16:02 PM »
there are young repubs and old dems.  But I think more younger people are dems and more older people are repubs.

"If you're 20 and you're not a dem, you don't have a heart"
"If you're 40 and still a dem, you don't have a brain"

I think that's how the old saying goes. 

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »
there are young repubs and old dems.  But I think more younger people are dems and more older people are repubs.

"If you're 20 and you're not a dem, you don't have a heart"
"If you're 40 and still a dem, you don't have a brain"

I think that's how the old saying goes. 

From my personal experience most young people aren't interested in politics at all and they certainly don't understand it

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »
Bring back Larry King.

I think Larry King is working with RT?

RT is great

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
I think Larry King is working with RT?

RT is great

Who is RT?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »
Who is RT?

Russia Today

http://rt.com/shows/larry-king-now/

None of that freaky NWO bias that our media is dominated by.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 05:34:01 PM »
Russia Today

http://rt.com/shows/larry-king-now/

None of that freaky NWO bias that our media is dominated by.

Interesting.  Never heard of this site.  Thanks.