Author Topic: How old is to old to cycle?  (Read 2488 times)

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
How old is to old to cycle?
« on: February 21, 2014, 04:46:57 PM »
I know a guy who is 59 who wants to do a cycle and I am trying to explain to him it's going to shut down his natural testosterone production forever at that age. And that he is going to have to go on TRT. Not to mention it will make any health problems he has at that age worse or bring them on faster. Im just asking because im curious of your guys opinion on the matter. I'm sure we have all known some one who wants to cycle and if they did it would most likely be the death of them or cause some sort of health problems.

whitewidow

Re: How old is to old to cycle?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
I know a guy who is 59 who wants to do a cycle and I am trying to explain to him it's going to shut down his natural testosterone production forever at that age. And that he is going to have to go on TRT. Not to mention it will make any health problems he has at that age worse or bring them on faster. Im just asking because im curious of your guys opinion on the matter. I'm sure we have all known some one who wants to cycle and if they did it would most likely be the death of them or cause some sort of health problems.

At that age he could probably get a legal prescription of Test depot. I would suggest that to him.A small dose of Test won't hurt him. does this dude have a good starting base to juice? does he eat like a bodybuilder? I wouldn;t suggest any other hormoes to him till he tries out a small dose of test.see how he does on 400mg a week. I don;t see a point of using anything else besides HRt dose of test at that age.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
He doesn't eat like a bodybuilder and he has high cholesterol, liver problems and I think a mild form of diabities I don't think he injects insulin. He does have a good base when it comes to muscle and he cycled when he was a lot younger. He got up to like 300 pounds before I saw the guy lift up the side of a car before. But now he obviously isn't to healthy and I think even TRT might cause some pretty bad problems for the guy. But I did recommend him to take TRT instead of doing a cycle but my main point I made to him was that a cycle will shut him down for ever and that TRT might be to much for his body with his health problems and kill him. So im trying to steer him in the right direction I was just wondering if I was right or if im just a paranoid person.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
Basically I just told him he shouldn't do it.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »
I am 57 cycle and am healthy and blood work is G2G. I run Test and rotate in Primo or EQ and Tren/Mast Twice a year....GH is wonderful at our age in low dose for QOL. Old......hmpf!

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »
the good advice was to send him to his doc and see if he qualifies for hrt/trt. also get full blown blood work, kidney function, liver enzyms hdl/ldl...etc all the good stuff.
sept 10th APF

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 05:15:49 PM »
Interesting so you don't blast and cruise you just cycle. And your testosterone still go's back to acceptable levels. Lol im only 24 my levels are 413ng/dl after all my steroid escapades so I always imagine older steroid users levels would be low enough to qualify for TRT. But I guess everybody responds differently.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 05:18:56 PM »
Interesting so you don't blast and cruise you just cycle. And your testosterone still go's back to acceptable levels. Lol im only 24 my levels are 413ng/dl after all my steroid escapades so I always imagine older steroid users levels would be low enough to qualify for TRT. But I guess everybody responds differently.

If you meant me my Test ain't never coming back. I could get TRT but Test is cheap. I do cruise once in a while but it seems to be farther and farther between.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »
I will probably be in the same boat as you by 30 if not in a couple months when I see if my PCT actually worked from my Mega dosed cycle I did. Lol I should have went with the attitude of using the least amount to get gains.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »
By the way thanks for the answers

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »
if hes not familiar yet with gear, best not even to start it anymore.

particularly not for a single cycle, itll do much more damage than the benefit at that age, god knows how his arteries are in shape or not,he will shut down his axis ,not sure if sudden strenght increase will be good on his chalky tendons etcetc.

just no.

n

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »

If he has his mind set to do it I would first advise a full physical with complete blood work..he should also get a full cardio work up (echocardiogram, EKG, and stress test would be sufficient) wether he cycles or not that's good to get at his age anyways.. He should only stick to true trt dose as well..

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 06:42:46 PM »
yah iseen guys age 60 looking phenomenal, they on hrt and very little gh, but they been doing this for 30years, theyre used to it and have survived so far.

this guy being gear newcomer could just suffer a stroke 10days in if he randomly plays games lol

n

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 07:12:18 PM »
yah iseen guys age 60 looking phenomenal, they on hrt and very little gh, but they been doing this for 30years, theyre used to it and have survived so far.

this guy being gear newcomer could just suffer a stroke 10days in if he randomly plays games lol

Lol yea that's true man.. Need to play it safe at that age

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »
We ain't dead yet you young whippersnappers!

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 09:11:45 PM »

Hahahaha!!!

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 01:55:38 AM »

This is a perfect example of what's wrong with getting advice off the internet.That is some silly ass logic.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 10:32:39 AM »
If he has his mind set to do it I would first advise a full physical with complete blood work..he should also get a full cardio work up (echocardiogram, EKG, and stress test would be sufficient) wether he cycles or not that's good to get at his age anyways.. He should only stick to true trt dose as well..

Good advice. He is undisciplined and at his age TRT will do wonders but a full work up is needed. Not to mention a prostate exam. If you have polyps taking test can speed up the process and turn it into full cancer. Its a mandatory test for those going on HRT here in the US

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 11:18:16 AM »
Good advice. He is undisciplined and at his age TRT will do wonders but a full work up is needed. Not to mention a prostate exam. If you have polyps taking test can speed up the process and turn it into full cancer. Its a mandatory test for those going on HRT here in the US

My lady doctor has little thin fingers.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 12:03:50 PM »
Lol well hopefully after reading all this I can talk him out of it.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 04:11:22 PM »
;D
Mr. AZ 2003