Author Topic: Black history month  (Read 4677 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Black history month
« on: February 21, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »
When can white people stop pacifying blacks by pretending they give a shit about black history?  Black history?  What, exactly, is black history anyway?  As a race they have accomplished fuck all in the last 2000 years.  There isn't enough "black history" to fill up a half hour documentary on PBS.  Slavery, MLK, violent crime, prison, the end.  We need a whole month to celebrate that?  Seriously, it's enough already with this shit.  Why do these insecure motherfuckers need shit like this to feel good about themselves.  Grow up for chrissakes.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Black history month
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »
Hahahaha, loooooool.

Seriously, I'm with you though.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »
When can white people stop pacifying blacks by pretending they give a shit about black history?  Black history?  What, exactly, is black history anyway?  As a race they have accomplished fuck all in the last 2000 years.  There isn't enough "black history" to fill up a half hour documentary on PBS.  Slavery, MLK, violent crime, prison, the end.  We need a whole month to celebrate that?  Seriously, it's enough already with this shit.  Why do these insecure motherfuckers need shit like this to feel good about themselves.  Grow up for chrissakes.

LOL

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 06:45:28 PM »

Actually, Black History Month has been shown to be more beneficial to Whites than Blacks.

Black history is really World History, and Black History in America is really American History.
It's a brief period, wherein White America has a look at itself, it's past, and gets a brief glimpse into a history it otherwise ignores, and gets to pat itself on the back and say "See how much better and more enlightened we are than our forefathers" ...then run off absolving themselves of any guilt, while enjoying their ill gotten gains. Black people don't need a month to remember their ancestors. It's for the Caucasians.
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 08:34:59 PM »
Actually, Black History Month has been shown to be more beneficial to Whites than Blacks.

Black history is really World History, and Black History in America is really American History.
It's a brief period, wherein White America has a look at itself, it's past, and gets a brief glimpse into a history it otherwise ignores, and gets to pat itself on the back and say "See how much better and more enlightened we are than our forefathers" ...then run off absolving themselves of any guilt, while enjoying their ill gotten gains. Black people don't need a month to remember their ancestors. It's for the Caucasians.

I think its accurate to say that nobody benefits from Black History Month or Black History in general.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:25:06 AM »

::)

world's biggest sell-out and spam queen trying to give a lecture on race relations

"ill-gotten gains"  what a hypocritical piece of trash you are

Fortunately this is the last weekend in February, the weekend many of the networks cram in all their black shows, and then it will all be put to bed until next year

All that will be left will be the usual Feb 28 article in every newspaper that will ask some 100 year old black person about "race relations" and invariably the answer runs along the lines, "We have come a long way, but we have a very long way to go."   ::)
K

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 04:02:28 AM »
where has that been shown?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 04:41:25 AM »

Why do white people have to look at themselves?  They aren't the same people in the history books.  Those folks are dead. You're essentially saying you want people to feel guilty for events they had no control over.  I don't see how that's morally justifiable.  It's cruel if you think about it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »
Why do white people have to look at themselves?  They aren't the same people in the history books.  Those folks are dead. You're essentially saying you want people to feel guilty for events they had no control over.  I don't see how that's morally justifiable.  It's cruel if you think about it.

Pfft, ask the Germans, they'll be made to feel bad about the Second World War forever. We got off easy.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 02:22:38 PM »
Pfft, ask the Germans, they'll be made to feel bad about the Second World War forever. We got off easy.

It seems a bit petty to me.  A person who believes that way can justify a lot of violence.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 03:47:33 PM »
It seems a bit petty to me.  A person who believes that way can justify a lot of violence.

Guess that explains the atrocities taking place in the occupied territories, ...and elsewhere.
w

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 03:59:14 PM »
Guess that explains the atrocities taking place in the occupied territories, ...and elsewhere.

Why does that explain anything?  Is this more antisemiticism? You want to blame shame and extort people who are just trying to live their lives the best way they can and have nothing to do with anything you hold them responsible for.  This seems extremely cruel and petty to me.   Should I hold you responsible for the enormous amount if black crime and in particular the crimes by blacks against whites?  Do you think that's fair?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »
::)

world's biggest sell-out and spam queen trying to give a lecture on race relations

World's biggest sell-out ?! Oh please do expound on this. How am I a sell-out? This ought to be rich!!!  ;D

"ill-gotten gains"  what a hypocritical piece of trash you are

Fortunately this is the last weekend in February, the weekend many of the networks cram in all their black shows, and then it will all be put to bed until next year

All that will be left will be the usual Feb 28 article in every newspaper that will ask some 100 year old black person about "race relations" and invariably the answer runs along the lines, "We have come a long way, but we have a very long way to go."   ::)

Oh ya, ...we've come one heckuva long way  ::)  ::)  ::)
w

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 04:08:44 PM »
World's biggest sell-out ?! Oh please do expound on this. How am I a sell-out? This ought to be rich!!!  ;D

Oh ya, ...we've come one heckuva long way  ::)  ::)  ::)

Those aren't my words, convict.

K

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 04:10:06 PM »
World's biggest sell-out ?! Oh please do expound on this. How am I a sell-out? This ought to be rich!!!  ;D

Oh ya, ...we've come one heckuva long way  ::)  ::)  ::)

There are hundreds of names of white victims of black crime for every black person who is a victim of white crime.  The facts don't lie.  You are living in a weird alternate universe where up is down and down is up.  

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 04:14:31 PM »
Blacks kill, assault and rape whites at rates several times the opposite.  How can you ignore that?  I bet you think it's justified.  That's sick.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »
Blacks kill, assault and rape whites at rates several times the opposite.  How can you ignore that?  I bet you think it's justified.  That's sick.

You can't take people like her seriously. 
K

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 04:20:26 PM »
You can't take people like her seriously.  

It's amazing the level of denial Ive seen on this subject.  I'm convinced blacks feel sadistic pleasure from harming white people and obviously each other as well.  They feel no sympathy for white victims nor an urgency to address the problem.  We are inhuman to them.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 05:34:51 PM »
I honestly believe that Black History Month is becoming less and less relevant. To me, it seems to each year receive less mainstream attention than it did the preceding year. I've noticed that trend over the last several years.

I don't even consider it a race matter. I just think that people in general are becoming more indifferent and apathetic to their history and heritage. They're losing touch. Maybe I'm wrong.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 08:18:44 AM »
You really need to read this, 24k.  A dose of reality could do you some good.  Read the entire article and learn something.

CNN) -- It's happening again.
Moments after the jury in the "loud music trial" returned with its verdict against Michael Dunn -- guilty on three counts of attempted murder and a mistrial on charges of murdering teenager Jordan Davis -- a rash of commentaries began popping up.
Writers are now expressing the kind of trepidation and angst that would have us believe that black children are not safe because a white man is lurking around every corner, waiting to shoot down a young man minding his own business.
One of the first to weigh in was The Atlantic's Ta-Nehisi Coates, who equated Davis' murder to the selling away of slave children, a daily occurrence in the antebellum South.

Yolanda Young
"Jordan Davis had a mother and a father. It did not save him," Coates wrote. "Trayvon Martin had a mother and a father. They could not save him. My son has a father and mother. We cannot protect him from our country, which is our aegis and our assailant.
We cannot protect our children because racism in America is not merely a belief system but a heritage, and the inability of black parents to protect their children is an ancient tradition."

Such histrionics create an irrational, unproductive fear for those mainly interested in driving up news ratings, tilting elections and increasing donations to special interest groups.
Indeed, John Roman, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute's Justice Policy Center, found (PDF) that of the 53,019 homicides from 2005 through 2010, white-on-black homicides accounted for only 3.9%, while black-on-white homicides were 8.77%. White-on-white and black-on-black homicides accounted for 44.14% and 43.18%, respectively.

Still, this narrative has been in high drive since the public first learned how Trayvon Martin was killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman. In the two years since, black parents have added "beware white gunman" to the long list warnings they issue to their black sons.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/20/opinion/young-white-dunn-boogeyman/

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 08:36:52 AM »
I honestly believe that Black History Month is becoming less and less relevant. To me, it seems to each year receive less mainstream attention than it did the preceding year. I've noticed that trend over the last several years.

I don't even consider it a race matter. I just think that people in general are becoming more indifferent and apathetic to their history and heritage. They're losing touch. Maybe I'm wrong.

I was thinking about this recently, and don't know if it's a good or bad thing. I realized it while watching Boardwalk Empire and the background music on the boardwalk was a German marching tune. I thought, man, it's not like that anymore, we are losing our "European roots" and developing our own identity as a nation. We will see where it takes us. I do however, think that the pissing and moaning by some blacks about inequalities and mistreatment are going to fall on deaf ears soon, with possibly some blowback from the rest of society.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 11:11:18 AM »
I was thinking about this recently, and don't know if it's a good or bad thing. I realized it while watching Boardwalk Empire and the background music on the boardwalk was a German marching tune. I thought, man, it's not like that anymore, we are losing our "European roots" and developing our own identity as a nation. We will see where it takes us. I do however, think that the pissing and moaning by some blacks about inequalities and mistreatment are going to fall on deaf ears soon, with possibly some blowback from the rest of society.

Makes a good point. I have several black friends that say basically the same thing this guy is saying.

I don't get mixed in with it since I think its bullshit. Lots of races have contributed in this country we call America. Why single one out? White people guilt?

What about Chinese who basically were the slaves to the railroad & mining industries since early 1800's. Where is Chinese History month?

What about the millions of Irish that came over and were view as equals to blacks in many parts of the East Coast. In fact the saying "luck of the irish" was termed here in America because instead of giving the Irish credit for working hard, opening up businesses and putting their kids through college to be successful, society rather just push it off as "luck". Did you know at one point 80% of general contractors of various construction companies were irish owned on the east coast? Hell take a look at the local phone book. O'Brian, McCallister, O'Connor GC's..billion dollar GC's.  Also, Country Music wouldn't exist without the Irish. Where's Irish History Month?

Point I'm trying to make is don't single out about 10 people from a race and designate their accomplishments as the history of an entire race. There are many more you've never read about that contributed to America's success.