Author Topic: BREAKING: Missouri and Now Idaho Nullify All Federal Gun Control Laws  (Read 3318 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
 8) 8) 8)

The Tenth Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States, respectively, or to the people.

BREAKING: Missouri Legislators Vote To Nullify All Federal Gun Control Laws

12 hours ago | Politics, US | Posted by Michael Lotfi

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo., February 21, 2014– A Missouri bill which seeks to nullify virtually every federal gun control measure on the books, “whether past, present or future,” passed the Senate Thursday. SB613 would ban the state from enforcing virtually all federal gun control measures, and includes criminal charges for federal agents attempting to violate the right to keep and bear arms in Missouri.

The measure passed 23-10.

http://benswann.com/breaking-missouri-legislators-vote-to-nullify-all-federal-gun-control-laws/

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
Breaking News:  This is a story from the Onion. It has to be.  The US constitution is the supreme law of the land.  And under that document, federal law supersedes state law.  It's called the Supremacy Clause.  It's in the constitution.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Steps in the right direction at the very least.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20140220/NEWS11/302200104/Missouri-Senate-to-take-up-gun-nullification-bill

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — An effort to nullify federal gun control laws and jail any federal agents trying to enforce them cleared the Missouri Senate Thursday, but a court challenge and another potential veto by Gov. Jay Nixon could ultimately block the legislation even if the House approves it again.

“I am proud to say that we have passed arguably one of the strongest Second Amendment protections in the country,” said sponsoring Sen. Brian Nieves, R-Washington.

The Senate voted 23-10 to send Nieves’ legislation, dubbed the “Second Amendment Preservation Act,” to the House. It would declare some federal gun laws to be null and void in Missouri. Federal agents knowingly enforcing those laws could face civil penalties and prosecution under a newly created state crime punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Breaking News:  This is a story from the Onion. It has to be.  The US constitution is the supreme law of the land.  And under that document, federal law supersedes state law.  It's called the Supremacy Clause.  It's in the constitution.

The supremacy of federal law over state law only applies if Congress is acting in pursuance of its constitutionally authorized powers.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The supremacy of federal law over state law only applies if Congress is acting in pursuance of its constitutionally authorized powers.

Stop infusing truth and facts into this thread.

You have to use lies, ignorance and misplaced emotions like the drone you responded to.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
what a waste of time, going to get tossed out in court  :D :D just more of the dumbing down of the repub party

tonymctones

• Getbig V
except whent he fed govt doesnt want to enforce the law right, securing the borders, marijuana, illegal immigration...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
difficult here.

if some state legalizes gay marriage or late term abortion, repubs want the fed govt to override it.
at the same time, if some state legalizes ALL GUN LAWS REVOKED, dems want the fed govt to override it.

neither side is consistent.  They all like the govt having power when the states do something they hate, and they scream about states rights when states violate fed law with something they agree with.  Business as usual!

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
except whent he fed govt doesnt want to enforce the law right, securing the borders, marijuana, illegal immigration...
That is quite right. 

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
I don't know what you mean by this.  States have no right to nullify federal law.  State nullification of conflicting federal law is unconstitutional.  I think that's where you're going with that. 

The Sup. Clause of the constitution springs to life where federal law conflicts with State law and state law ALWAYS loses.  It's preempted by the federal statute.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articlevi

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Getting that same tingling in my drawers right now that I got when reading about the Swiss immigration referendum.  :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't know what you mean by this.  States have no right to nullify federal law.  State nullification of conflicting federal law is unconstitutional.  I think that's where you're going with that.  

The Sup. Clause of the constitution springs to life where federal law conflicts with State law and state law ALWAYS loses.  It's preempted by the federal statute.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articlevi
except when it a law they dont agree with...

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
except when it a law they dont agree with...
Nullification is unconstitutional.  No exceptions.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
Nullification is unconstitutional.  No exceptions.

So gay marriage rights and pot legalization are unconstitutional?

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
So gay marriage rights and pot legalization are unconstitutional?
Gay marriage is a state matter where I believe federal statutes are silent.  So there is no conflict btn state and federal law.

Marijuana use and possession is illegal under federal law.  If the feds wanted to, they could shut down all the pot houses in CO and arrest anyone with possession of herb.  But the law is not being enforced by the feds.  So the state decriminalized weed and is rolling the dice that the feds won't drop the hammer preempting state legalization laws. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
BREAKING: Idaho governor signs emergency legislation nullifying all future federal gun laws

By: Michael Lotfi Mar 22, 2014

BOISE, March 21, 2014 – On Thursday, Idaho Governor Butch Otter (R) signed a bill, which would effectively nullify future federal gun laws, by prohibiting state enforcement of any future federal act relating to personal firearms, a firearm accessories or ammunition.

S1332 passed the house by a vote of 68-0 and the senate by a vote of 34-0. Alaska and Kansas have also passed similar laws.

Erich Pratt, Director of Communications for Gun Owners of America, cheered the governor’s action. “By signing this nullification bill into law, Idaho has joined an elite class of states that are telling the feds to ‘get lost’ — especially when it comes to unconstitutional gun control infringements”

Introduced by the State Affairs Committee, the Idaho Federal Firearm, Magazine and Register Ban Enforcement Act, will:

“protect Idaho law enforcement officers from being directed, through federal executive orders, agency orders, statutes, laws, rules, or regulations enacted or promulgated on or after the effective date of this act, to violate their oath of office and Idaho citizens’ rights under Section 11, Article I, of the Constitution of the State of Idaho.”

Read more: http://benswann.com/breaking-idaho-governor-signs-emergency-legislation-nullifying-all-future-federal-gun-laws/#ixzz2wvZsMYAe
Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Getting that same tingling in my drawers right now that I got when reading about the Swiss immigration referendum.  :D

It's called gonorrhea dude. Get yourself checked. j/k  ;)
How could I possibly resist such a perfect set up?  ;D
w

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Good for these states. Very good news

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
I sincerely hope this becomes a trend with more states following.

The only way to be heard is to speak up!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
These will get overturned

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I sincerely hope this becomes a trend with more states following.

The only way to be heard is to speak up!

Are you gonna shoot some kids today?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Haha, blackenwork seems upset by this

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.

Are you gonna shoot some kids today?

It's truly frightening the way your kind thinks and the conclusions you draw.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Haha, blackenwork seems upset by this

could care less,just telling you what's going to happen,if you want to live in pretend world have at it lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama is nullifying his own obamacare law and you leftists care about this why?