Author Topic: Cops hit parked car, then arrest & charge passenger to cover it up  (Read 942 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Cops hit parked car,
...then arrest & charge passenger in parked car to cover it up

Two Brooklyn cops sideswiped a parked SUV, then arrested a man sitting in the passenger seat of the vehicle, accusing him of damaging their car, a suit charges.

And the officers would have gotten away with their lie — had the whole bizarre drama not been caught by a security camera.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/21/cops-hit-my-car-then-arrested-me-to-cover-it-up-suit/
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Cops hit parked car, then arrest & charge passenger to cover it up
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 03:15:42 AM »
at the VERY least, these 2 cops should be fired and face equal jail time as the accused man would have faced.

They looked for cameras before arresting him.  Total crap.  Indefensible. 

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 04:04:41 AM »
criminals with badges

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:59:29 AM »

Typical.

Cops hit parked car,

Two Brooklyn cops sideswiped a parked SUV, then arrested a man sitting in the passenger seat of the vehicle, accusing him of damaging their car, a suit charges.

And the officers would have gotten away with their lie — had the whole bizarre drama not been caught by a security camera.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/21/cops-hit-my-car-then-arrested-me-to-cover-it-up-suit/

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »
at the VERY least, these 2 cops should be fired and face equal jail time as the accused man would have faced.

They looked for cameras before arresting him.  Total crap.  Indefensible. 

Exactly. Once you break the law as a cop, you should immediately be fired and treated as a criminal.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 04:52:11 PM »
This is why cops hate being video taped.

It will be determined that they violated 'policy' because their training was substandard.  They'll get a slap on the wrist and a pay raise.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »

It will be determined that they violated 'policy' because their training was substandard.  They'll get a slap on the wrist and a pay raise.

...after their paid vacation.  :-\
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »

Exactly

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 06:19:30 PM »
I believe there is a law that states any police officer who knowingly submits false evidence, or knowingly levees false charges against an individual or individuals is subject to the same penalties demanded for the charges they laid. I'd love to see those pigs do a stint at Riker's with the entire population there knowing what they're in for.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 06:21:04 PM »
I believe there is a law that states any police officer who knowingly submits false evidence, or knowingly levees false charges against an individual or individuals is subject to the same penalties demanded for the charges they laid. I'd love to see those pigs do a stint at Riker's with the entire population there knowing what they're in for.

Yeah - wjat is written in the books does not matter

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 10:03:53 PM »
Oh, I'm sure the two officers had been conducting themselves properly throughout their careers, right up until this miscommunication.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 10:11:17 PM »
Oh, I'm sure the two officers had been conducting themselves properly throughout their careers, right up until this miscommunication.

They released the pics of the 2 officers. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 11:05:07 PM »
I wish these pigs would get life sentence.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 09:45:55 AM »
They released the pics of the 2 officers. 
who are these 2? seems familiar

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 10:40:10 AM »
Cops hit parked car,

Both sides were likely lying. The 350 lb guy was not in the passenger seat. The video cuts off before you can state if the cop every approaches the drivers door or not to see the keys. The "looking for survellience cameras" is from the subjects opinion and not verified. So the subject probably drove there and was parked. I have no idea what the cops said to him, hopefully their vehicle is equipped with cameras and audio and that can be brought forward. But the fact they charged him with destruction of city property is a clear indication they lied as they were going the wrong way and hit the parked vehicle. Fire them and throw whatever law can be thrown at them.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »
Both sides were likely lying. The 350 lb guy was not in the passenger seat. The video cuts off before you can state if the cop every approaches the drivers door or not to see the keys. The "looking for survellience cameras" is from the subjects opinion and not verified. So the subject probably drove there and was parked. I have no idea what the cops said to him, hopefully their vehicle is equipped with cameras and audio and that can be brought forward. But the fact they charged him with destruction of city property is a clear indication they lied as they were going the wrong way and hit the parked vehicle. Fire them and throw whatever law can be thrown at them.   

You can speculate all you want about what this victim of police abuse of authority may have done, ...but what matters are the facts demonstrated and preserved by videotape. And those facts demonstrated and prove the cops lied. They hit a legally parked car, then abused their authority by arresting an innocent man and charging him with damage to city property.
w

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
You can speculate all you want about what this victim of police abuse of authority may have done, ...but what matters are the facts demonstrated and preserved by videotape. And those facts demonstrated and prove the cops lied. They hit a legally parked car, then abused their authority by arresting an innocent man and charging him with damage to city property.

uh..the video tape shows the man lied and the police lied if we are basing our entire conclusion on what was shown on the video tape. Granted, cops lying is significanly worse than a guy lying about operating a vehicle with an invalid license. I think there a LOT is speculation in the article,, did that bother you as well?   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 03:41:23 PM »

The 350 lb guy was not in the passenger seat.

Where are you making that up from?  From the video, you can't see inside the car.  And the DA dropped all charges indicating they have no case.

And, you can see the guy closes the door when he gets out.  But the cop claimed it was open in his report.

By the way, nice back-tracking by your Chief on the jaywalking shit, lol.  It was actually pretty funny.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
uh..the video tape shows the man lied and the police lied if we are basing our entire conclusion on what was shown on the video tape. Granted, cops lying is significanly worse than a guy lying about operating a vehicle with an invalid license. I think there a LOT is speculation in the article,, did that bother you as well?   

She lives by speculation based on assumption, fear, hate, and stupidity.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 07:58:13 AM »

Where are you making that up from?  From the video, you can't see inside the car.  And the DA dropped all charges indicating they have no case.

And, you can see the guy closes the door when he gets out.  But the cop claimed it was open in his report.

By the way, nice back-tracking by your Chief on the jaywalking shit, lol.  It was actually pretty funny.

We are all speculating on the video. My speculation is the man is lying. No way that dude is climbing over the console to get out on the driver side. No need to. The guy gets out and shuts the door but then later goes back and opens it. Video stops so we don't know if the officer walked up to the driver door or not, tap danced on the hood, or did a mime impression. Why did the video stop there? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »

What back tracking are you talking about? I thought he stood firm on the jaywalking issue. Apologized for throwing dirt at other departments for sexual assault comment. Maybe I missed it