Author Topic: NFL Combine  (Read 8518 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: NFL Combine
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »
I'm actually surprised the spotters give credit for actual reps on the bench press because I see a lot of these guys, regardless of position, slamming the bar off their chest. Especially when it comes down to the last reps they can handle before getting tired. Some of them look like their about to shatter their sternum with how hard they let the bar bounce off their chest. A lot of the reps shouldn't even count if they resort to doing that.

As long as head shoulders and butt are down and bar is locked out, it counts. It's not like powerlifting.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »
As long as head shoulders and butt are down and bar is locked out, it counts. It's not like powerlifting.

I realize that it's not like powerlifiting. But bouncing the bar off your chest is cheating, in my opinion. You're using momentum to raise the bar back to a lock out position. That is not a clean repetition and shouldn't count as one. Some of these guys are literally dropping the bar onto their chests from 3-5 inches up and springboarding the bar back up using that momentum to raise the bar back to a lock out position. That's not only cheating but can be dangerous. It's usually the guys with the longer arms that do this. Shorter arm guys typically press with a much cleaner, efficient motion.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 02:45:38 PM »
A weak line up.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »
This guy only benches 4 reps with 225?

Maybe he uses very good form.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »
Blake Bortles is 6 4.  They can work with him on other things, but IMO, height wins out.
Plus his chick is hot :)

manziel is a midget that's going to lose 10% of his speed by week 3 of the regular seasons.  Those pretty dance moves won't work in the pros with his short legs.  He's going to get hit early and often.  Once he's 10% slower, he's going to be a short tebow.  Sorry, I know everyone loves the LA lifestyle and carefree nature of "johnny football", but he's going to be a bust.  Trying to bully the texans to take him first?

"It would be the worst decision they've (the Texans) ever made," he told The Houston Chronicle of the possibility. "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."

my friend with all due respect, your a fucking moron.  He's gonna fucking kill it in pro football , no other player has brought this kind of dynamic to the NFL.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »
my friend with all due respect, your a fucking moron.  He's gonna fucking kill it in pro football , no other player has brought this kind of dynamic to the NFL.

I guess we will see.   Tebow killed it in the SEC also... but once that scrambling thing proved ineffective (and it always does...) he was a shitty QB.  I think that if Manziel was able to LOCK DOWN and work like crazy - I mean, peyton manning level of workhorse - he could be a solid pro...

But I don't see that happening.  The way he was bullying the texans into picking him... he's so cocky, and he's short, and he runs when he should pass.   RG3 had the big ego, so did Tebow (yes, tebow did).   it was all about them, and they ran when they shouldn't, and they slowed down bigtime as a result.  

manziel will sell jerseys and be the lead story on some shitty 3-13 team.... it'll be great for ratings, but so was tebow, and he's out of the league now.  Manziel is short, immature, and likes to run.  I can't see anyone looking at those 3 factors and trying to defend it with some "but he's a winner, he's amazing, he's creative, he has the IT factor..."

The "IT" factor doesn't last long when some 265 pound linebacker blindsides him.   The minute he has some tweak in his knee, week 3 of the pre-season, suddenly he is all arm and highly predictable.  he's a bust.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »
I guess we will see.   Tebow killed it in the SEC also... but once that scrambling thing proved ineffective (and it always does...) he was a shitty QB.  I think that if Manziel was able to LOCK DOWN and work like crazy - I mean, peyton manning level of workhorse - he could be a solid pro...

But I don't see that happening.  The way he was bullying the texans into picking him... he's so cocky, and he's short, and he runs when he should pass.   RG3 had the big ego, so did Tebow (yes, tebow did).   it was all about them, and they ran when they shouldn't, and they slowed down bigtime as a result.  

manziel will sell jerseys and be the lead story on some shitty 3-13 team.... it'll be great for ratings, but so was tebow, and he's out of the league now.  Manziel is short, immature, and likes to run.  I can't see anyone looking at those 3 factors and trying to defend it with some "but he's a winner, he's amazing, he's creative, he has the IT factor..."

The "IT" factor doesn't last long when some 265 pound linebacker blindsides him.   The minute he has some tweak in his knee, week 3 of the pre-season, suddenly he is all arm and highly predictable.  he's a bust.

Difference between ego and confidence. If you go in without either. You'll fail guaranteed. You don't succeed on talent alone. Work, confidence then talent. In that order.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »
Difference between ego and confidence. If you go in without either. You'll fail guaranteed. You don't succeed on talent alone. Work, confidence then talent. In that order.

So what is your prediciton?

Do you think this rookie - who loves to run despite having an open man, who prides himself on partying, who threatens a team that doesn't draft him, that isn't 6 foot tall, that was a lot worse this year than last...

Do you think he'll Bust, be a solid pro, or be an all-pro?

Also, how many times do you think he'll bench press 225?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
Not much from Michael Sam....he put up 17 on the Bench Press though.  Not bad but needs to push much harder.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »
So what is your prediciton?

Do you think this rookie - who loves to run despite having an open man, who prides himself on partying, who threatens a team that doesn't draft him, that isn't 6 foot tall, that was a lot worse this year than last...

Do you think he'll Bust, be a solid pro, or be an all-pro?

Also, how many times do you think he'll bench press 225?

You can't predict anything. Remember when people thought that Cam Newton was going to be bust, comparing him to JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, etc? As it turned out he proved everyone wrong. He doesn't cause trouble, very professional, respectful and on his way to being a GREAT QB and quite frankly he's exciting to watch on the field. He's a flat out ATHLETE.

This is what I tell my football athletes that go into college that think it won't be that much different....

When go from POP Warner to High School, you have to learn to play the game all over again. When you from High School to college, you have to learn to play the game all over again (especially at a D1), if you should somehow beat the odd's and make a pro roster, you're going to have to learn to play the game all over again....except now it's your job that you get paid for. JM won't be able to get away with the bullshit he did in in the pro's as he did in college, his parents money mean SQUAT in the NFL. The NFL owns his ass, he get's out of line the repercussions will be swift. He will either grow up or be out, being sitting on the bench or sitting at home watching what could have been. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
You can't predict anything. Remember when people thought that Cam Newton was going to be bust, comparing him to JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, etc? As it turned out he proved everyone wrong. He doesn't cause trouble, very professional, respectful and on his way to being a GREAT QB and quite frankly he's exciting to watch on the field. He's a flat out ATHLETE.

This is what I tell my football athletes that go into college that think it won't be that much different....

When go from POP Warner to High School, you have to learn to play the game all over again. When you from High School to college, you have to learn to play the game all over again (especially at a D1), if you should somehow beat the odd's and make a pro roster, you're going to have to learn to play the game all over again....except now it's your job that you get paid for. JM won't be able to get away with the bullshit he did in in the pro's as he did in college, his parents money mean SQUAT in the NFL. The NFL owns his ass, he get's out of line the repercussions will be swift. He will either grow up or be out, being sitting on the bench or sitting at home watching what could have been. 

Sure, we can try to predict things.   Cam had the best set of tools we've seen in years... dude is BIG and FAST.  he'd won at every level - easily.  The only problem with him is that he was a fcking criminal, stealing laptops and throwing out the window when police knocked lol...  Some predicted he'd be great, some predicted he'd be a bust. 

So make a prediction :)  I predict he will be out of the league in 3-4 years.  He'll be a rock star for 5 minutes, he'll get dinged.  Defenses will get film on him.  Once he gets dinged up and loses a little mobility, his confidence will stumble and then the story of year will be "these top 9 rookies are doing solid jobs, and Manziel is struggling, hurt, benched, etc."

What's your prediction of JM's NFL career?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »
Sure, we can try to predict things.   Cam had the best set of tools we've seen in years... dude is BIG and FAST.  he'd won at every level - easily.  The only problem with him is that he was a fcking criminal, stealing laptops and throwing out the window when police knocked lol...  Some predicted he'd be great, some predicted he'd be a bust. 

So make a prediction :)  I predict he will be out of the league in 3-4 years.  He'll be a rock star for 5 minutes, he'll get dinged.  Defenses will get film on him.  Once he gets dinged up and loses a little mobility, his confidence will stumble and then the story of year will be "these top 9 rookies are doing solid jobs, and Manziel is struggling, hurt, benched, etc."

Good post 240.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2014, 07:05:38 PM »
I would like to see the "scrambling double-threat" QB model work because it's exciting to watch, but I think there are just too many athletes on NFL defenses for that to be a reality.

Is anyone ready to say JM is as good or better than Michael Vick or Randall Cunningham, or even RG3 pre-knee?  None of those guys were bad, but I think that is his ceiling at the very best and would be surprised if he's that successful.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2014, 07:14:53 PM »

Again, you can't predict. But at worst, a Matt Leinart-type of back up. He'll have a full career pending injury. Last the 4 years just long enough to get his NFL pension.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »
I would like to see the "scrambling double-threat" QB model work because it's exciting to watch, but I think there are just too many athletes on NFL defenses for that to be a reality.

Is anyone ready to say JM is as good or better than Michael Vick or Randall Cunningham, or even RG3 pre-knee?  None of those guys were bad, but I think that is his ceiling at the very best and would be surprised if he's that successful.

those QBs don't do it for long.   I mean, Andrew Luck is wicked fast, but he's smart enough NOT to run most of the time.  

Vick could have been one of the greats - if he watched game film, studied defense, etc.  He was what, 6 or 7 years into his career before he ever looked at defensive schemes?   LMAO...

There really isn't a mobile/scramble QB anymore.   RG3 got wrecked.  Whey they do that stuff, the defense gets to get a lick on the QB almost every play.  We saw RG3 get injured twice that rookie year.  Doesn't work.  Never will.  Anytime you can jam a QB in the shoulder or arm almost every play after he releases the ball - not enough to topple him, but enough to beat on that throwing arm - the sooner he's throwing shit in the second half.

Manziel is a midget by QB standards.  He's not an amazing athlete.  Look at his frame - at under 5 foot... he's going to get crushed by talented NFL players.  

MAYBE if he was a bookworm, we could bet on him.  MAYBE if he lived for the playbook, wasn't a goofball showing up for QB camps hungover... MAYBE then, we could give him a chance.  

He'll be on a weak team with a weak O-line, with defenders just begging for a chance to be the one that smashed his annoying face.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »
Again, you can't predict. But at worst, a Matt Leinart-type of back up. He'll have a full career pending injury. Last the 4 years just long enough to get his NFL pension.

backups are usually tall bookworms.

I think he'll get 4 years cause, like Tebow, he sells jerseys.  He'll be the #1 jersey sale.  

4 years sounds right.  start first year, do okay then badly.   year 2, start then lose job.   Year 3, backup.   Year 4, in and out, barely hanging on to 3rd string.  

Pretty much what tebow did.  Not a bad career.  Retire without any major wear by age 25 lol, not too bad!  

I'm not really hating on him.   He's kind of a punk drunk idiot kid, and I know, "everyone is at that age!", but no, they're really not.  Peyton manning wasn't showing up for QB camps still drunk at age 20.  But I wish him well.  He's already rich, famous, and happy... I dont see a lot of motivation to live in the film room like manning... but who knows.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »
He has a very bad hairline for a 20 year old, surely we can all agree on this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »
He has a very bad hairline for a 20 year old, surely we can all agree on this.

this man has an amazing headline.   very low, like aaron hernandez'.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »
this man has an amazing headline.   very low, like aaron hernandez'.

:'(...I was never blessed with that hairline. All good though...glad i'm handsome as fuk.  ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 09:06:35 PM »
those QBs don't do it for long.   I mean, Andrew Luck is wicked fast, but he's smart enough NOT to run most of the time.  

Vick could have been one of the greats - if he watched game film, studied defense, etc.  He was what, 6 or 7 years into his career before he ever looked at defensive schemes?   LMAO...

There really isn't a mobile/scramble QB anymore.   RG3 got wrecked.  Whey they do that stuff, the defense gets to get a lick on the QB almost every play.  We saw RG3 get injured twice that rookie year.  Doesn't work.  Never will.  Anytime you can jam a QB in the shoulder or arm almost every play after he releases the ball - not enough to topple him, but enough to beat on that throwing arm - the sooner he's throwing shit in the second half.

Manziel is a midget by QB standards.  He's not an amazing athlete.  Look at his frame - at under 5 foot... he's going to get crushed by talented NFL players.  

MAYBE if he was a bookworm, we could bet on him.  MAYBE if he lived for the playbook, wasn't a goofball showing up for QB camps hungover... MAYBE then, we could give him a chance.  

He'll be on a weak team with a weak O-line, with defenders just begging for a chance to be the one that smashed his annoying face.

Manziel has already gotten a hair transplant...The androgens have sped up his hair loss so his dad got him started early on the hair grafts. Tiger Woods and King James also have had grafts and Tiger is hanging on by a thread in the hair department. Tiger is only getting so so results from it. I heard James has given up on it because it wont take.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2014, 11:53:02 PM »
This guy only benches 4 reps with 225?

He's a playmaker like Marshall Faulk who couldn't do squat in the weight room. It's that Louisiana Quad-A football line.  8) 8)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2014, 04:36:40 AM »
He is Hershel Walkers 5th personality.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2014, 05:00:06 AM »
Blake Bortles is 6 4.  They can work with him on other things, but IMO, height wins out.
Plus his chick is hot :)

manziel is a midget that's going to lose 10% of his speed by week 3 of the regular seasons.  Those pretty dance moves won't work in the pros with his short legs.  He's going to get hit early and often.  Once he's 10% slower, he's going to be a short tebow.  Sorry, I know everyone loves the LA lifestyle and carefree nature of "johnny football", but he's going to be a bust.  Trying to bully the texans to take him first?

"It would be the worst decision they've (the Texans) ever made," he told The Houston Chronicle of the possibility. "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."

haha, that kid has a rude awakening coming to him when he hits the pros... all that ego is gonna come crashing down.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2014, 08:07:14 AM »
colin cowherd was 100% right on Tebow and RG3.  He's saying the same thing about Manziel.

Also notable... his O-line has been packed with future NFL pros for the last 2 years, and his receiving group was insane last year and had at least one NFL-er this year.  Those guys will probably have longer NFL careers than JF will.  He's been that good partly because his protection has been so good.  Won't be like that if he's taken by a "lottery" team in the NFL draft.   Bottom-10 NFL teams are usually there because their O lines suck.

Cowherd can't pick winners, but he can sure pick losers.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2014, 08:14:59 AM »
Fucking A!
Javeveon Clowney just ran the 40 in 4.47 and he weighs 266lbs!

...faster then a lot of the WR and RB'S.