Author Topic: Investing in Shares (Food for Thought-Part 2)  (Read 3344 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Investing in Shares (Food for Thought-Part 2)
« on: February 24, 2014, 02:39:43 AM »
I picked out the below entities, and illustrated their performance over the past 5 years, these are picked purely as they form part of our veryday lives and everyone is familair with them, we all have a Visa in our wallet, order from Amazon, use Microsoft products and/or Apple, we are consumers, we contribute to their profits and their wealth...yet we could easily become direct beneficiaries of their success, rather than just being the gullible cash cows.

5 Year performance:

-Visa Inc (V)           +301.29%
-Amazon In (AMZN) +443%
-Microsoft (MSFT)    +111%
-Apple (AAPL)         +475%
-GE (GE)                 +165.88%
-Master C Inc (MA) +379.11%

Amazon Inc, second best above, if you had bought $25,000 of its shares 5 years ago instead of spending it on a car for example , your holding would be worth $110,750 today.

Off the top of my head I struggled to think of 5 big international corps which have dropped 100% or 200% or 300% in the past 5 years to even out the above, off course we have all the big Banks post credit crunch, BP post spill...etc but this is not in the last 5 years cut off.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the "poor man's mentality" Getbigger to rip me a new one  ::)

ps:this is bobybuilding related as more surplus income means more spare money for GH and Insulin.
S

pissant

• Getbig III
Re: Investing in Shares (Food for Thought-Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:19:34 AM »
The fact you think the past 5 years is normal is hilarious! So what stocks have retraced to their previous values after the fed has tried everything to make investors move into risk assets like stocks.

The s&P 500 is up well over 100% in the past 5 years. You could sat passively in an index fund and doubled your money.

It isnt rocket sciene. Stocks fell 50-almost 100% then they retrace back after the fed lowers interest rates to almost negative yields on short bonds.

I love your a stock market wizardry in reverse. Its like choosing lotto numbers after they already draw the numbers on tv. You win all the time.

the past 5 years were a once in a life time buying opportunity. ALl investors who expect great returns like that in the future are gonna be sorely disappointed due to being unable to replicate the returns of  that time period, will turn to alcohol, and ultimately suicide.

this kinda further proves how deluded and stupid you are.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:21:32 AM »
skorpio you have a follower.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:21:57 AM »
Duh, which is why he said you 'could' have made x amount of profit if you'd have invested in these companies 5 years ago.

pissant

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 06:22:58 AM »
Duh, which is why he said you 'could' have made x amount of profit if you'd have invested in these companies 5 years ago.

which is obviously pointless to say?

IN the 1950 ya coulda made bank investing in KODAK!!!

what great insight !

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 06:26:28 AM »
which is obviously pointless to say?

IN the 1950 ya coulda made bank investing in KODAK!!!

what great insight !

Yes it is great insight.

Before reading this thread, I wouldn't have had a clue, so it was a decent post.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »
Just invest in hemp stocks.

pissant

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 06:28:13 AM »
Yes it is great insight.

Before reading this thread, I wouldn't have had a clue, so it was a decent post.

then you must be retarded. Stay away from stocks.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 06:30:35 AM »
lol at the ability to look in the past and think "what if"  That is a loser mentality.  Tell me what's going to happen in the next 5 years and be correct and maybe you'll get a little respect.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 06:33:32 AM »
hemp stocks general materials,esp if theres colorado based companies

then, whatever weaponry and vehicles the us army is ordering, make sure congress and budget have given the ok on that.this is moraly questionable, but who cares.

rothschild private bank stocks have seen 600% increase in some period over 5or 10years i think, but also a followup decrease.

and see facebook would have been a good idea,theyre smart,they inflate their worth by buying up companies.but who knows whenn this will come to an end.
n

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 06:34:43 AM »

I suggest you wind your scrawny little neck in dickfan.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 06:37:47 AM »
lol at the ability to look in the past and think "what if"  That is a loser mentality.  Tell me what's going to happen in the next 5 years and be correct and maybe you'll get a little respect.

LOL you sir are in the heavy weight division of retards.
S

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 06:39:29 AM »

Skorp, you seem to have massively let down those who were expecting prophetic powers in this thread lol

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 06:43:51 AM »

Judging from the agressive and irrational anti-stock approach you keep spouting, you are so far the biggest retard on this thread. Just like the past 5 years, over the next 5 years there will be winners and there will losers in the stock market, a combination of good judgement and luck on you side willd determine which side your holding will be on.

If you had a conservative view backed with substantiated facts, I would respect you more.  
S

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 06:46:38 AM »
"If history were all there was to the game, the richest people in the world would be librarians."

- Warren Buffett

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 06:47:20 AM »
Skorp, you seem to have massively let down those who were expecting prophetic powers in this thread lol

Tell me about it  ;D
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 06:49:45 AM »
"If history were all there was to the game, the richest people in the world would be librarians."

- Warren Buffett

Poor man's mentality right here above ^

There's always an excuse for everything, and I heard it all mate, so please stop googling them and while I am at it here's one for you: "whats the quickest way to make 1 million on the stock markets? start with 2 million..." and so on and so forth.
S

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 06:50:41 AM »

There's always an excuse for everything.

You're right. Warren Buffett could use some shoring up in the income department. Why not give him a call today and let him know your thoughts on the issue at hand?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 06:51:56 AM »
skorpio, have you read florian homms book?

why not something like he did, ofc at the end he went too far and will forever stay in prison in convicted, but at the beginning he got away with many semi legal stunts.

just got too greedy.
n

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 06:52:17 AM »

There's always an excuse for everything.

Skorp, I know i'm going to sound like a complete pauper here lol but if I started trading with only £1k, is it feasible to get that to £5k after buying/selling fees etc if I bought correctly?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 06:57:49 AM »
Skorp, I know i'm going to sound like a complete pauper here lol but if I started trading with only £1k, is it feasible to get that to £5k after buying/selling fees etc if I bought correctly?

A 500% return is extremely rare, even for an insider dealings job unless its a small cap/AIM listed company, they can do a 10 bagger easily at the back of a positive annoucement. But I never invest in AIM as its way too volatile for me.

This return would need someone very savvy and very lucky at the same time to do so. Short selling on 1k will not be a good idea due to the usual trade fee around 10/12£ and then the spread, will swallow any decent returns. So your only option is medium to long term. I aim for 20% return per annum, so far 3 years in a trott I have smashed it, but I am investing in big companies which in my eyes have weathered the storm and are looking up ahead. But the economy and markets can be unpredictable, so for me I am taking it one week/month/year at a time.
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 07:02:44 AM »
skorpio, have you read florian homms book?

why not something like he did, ofc at the end he went too far and will forever stay in prison in convicted, but at the beginning he got away with many semi legal stunts.

just got too greedy.

Florian Homms? no, but till take a look as I am ready to start reading a new book and have personal interest in Financial Markets. If I ever did open my own brokerage it will be 100% legit and hopefully successful.
S

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 07:07:40 AM »
Florian Homms? no, but till take a look as I am ready to start reading a new book and have personal interest in Financial Markets. If I ever did open my own brokerage it will be 100% legit and hopefully successful.
yeah read it, after all he was a hedge fund manager.

theres plenty info, how to look at companies worth depending on where they are(theres differences bc tax reasons etc), and esp , ways to make stock prices go the way you want them to go.

when i read that, i realized how much a ruthless and random business this can be, the stock market.

he is a very smart guy, youll see what i mean.
i was shocked however with what is considered legal in this.
n

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 07:10:13 AM »
::)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 07:15:38 AM »
Yes, there's a lot of stock manipulation which can go on, but the regualtors are quite savvy on this now, but I am sure some people still push the boundaries.

I know of someone who usess aliases which mimick those of big well known millionaires, so he buys a stock early in the morning in his name. Then he palces a massive order in the alias name, this lead to stock market anticipating rumours or build up of positive sentiments towards a share price, he sells his true holding with a profit then cancels the big order in the alias name. Comes out with a good margin on top for doing nothing. When you talk about big money here it makes a difference i.e. 5% to 15% of 1million, doing this several times a day day in and day out....they rake it in.

And there's so many other tricks, but people do go to jail for this. Insider dealing is a big one and still goes on, the best and biggest don't get caught, I think they only manage to see the tip of the iceberg.

Will defo pick that book up, thanks for the heads up.
S