Author Topic: Investing in Shares (Food for Thought-Part 2)  (Read 3351 times)

The Onion

• Getbig III
Re: Investing in Shares (Food for Thought-Part 2)
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »
Or where we go another baseless dissmissal....how fucking easy is that? is that best come back you can come up with?

You're a moron, I look at quartely reports and half yearly results I don't even wait for the main financials to come out. I work in the industry everything I need is a click away  ::)

You think I am gona put 25% of my holding into one company and just sit there and come back 5 years later?

Im going in circles here entertaining idiots who know fuck all about anything let alone stocks investing, google some crap and come here challenging me, a guy who ahcieved nothing less than 22% PA in every single firm I put my money in the last 3 years and worked in the industry for 11/12 years, I challenge you to achieve half as well results. Pick a fight with someone your size before you get emotionally hurt  :P
What are you talking about? You make absolutely no sense and contradict yourself all the time.

You use terms without knowing what they mean and your "reasoning" doesn't have any logic to it at all. I think it's you who need to google some things. You could start with fundamental / quantitative analysis as you obviously don't know what it is.

I really can't take anything you write as serious after this.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2014, 10:09:39 AM »
I really can't take anything you write as serious after this.

Thank fuck for that  ;D I thought you took me dead serious before
S

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »
hes just a contrarian  investor who does zero homework or fundamental research. Just calls up his buddies in their London office an asks for tips.

But dont worry cause he still known multiple methods of valuation like DCF. Just completely useless when analyzing shit companies with toxic assets.

I think its becoming more and more apparent this man doesn't really know what the hell hes talking about. He uses examples of VISA, AMAZON, BERKSHIRE. He says he likes to invest in " large firms with strong prospects". Then he says he likes to invest in "industry(ies) struggling and in the process of overcoming hardships i.e. reducing debts, tooxic assets, liabilities".
Yeah, something is way off with this guy. Nothing makes sense and everything is contradicting.

The only part I like about his strategy is time travelling.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2014, 10:14:41 AM »
Thank fuck for that  ;D I thought you took me dead serious before
I'm very confused right now.  ;D

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2014, 10:15:48 AM »
Onion and Pissant talk as if you can predict the market, that's the funniest shit ever.

The only time a valuation worked in my favour was with Royal Mail, everyone knew it though fromt the get go and we all made a bucket load of money at the back of it, if you invest regularly then you would no that valuations and investor sentiment are not parallel.

I am yet to see one real life example from you Onion or Pissant to back up what you say, Ive done nothing but give example after example of companies I am persoanlly invested in which did very well at the back of my 10 minute review and a few conversations with people lol.

The fact that you can;t name a single stock tells me that you two are broke as crack heads and just spew on here cos you can't bear the thought of a guy doing alright for himself.
S

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2014, 10:18:08 AM »

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
Yeah, something is way off with this guy. Nothing makes sense and everything is contradicting.

The only part I like about his strategy is time travelling.

You missed the part about me making over 150% profit in Lloyds Banking within two years  ;D...you chose to read what you want and ignore the facts which might hurt your little bum hole.  ;D

You missed the fact that I sold Royal Mail within days making over 25%...and I can go and go on...whereas you, a hot air balloon.

I could go on and on...but arguying with someone who doesn;t invest probably cos he cant afford to invest is seriously entertaining.
S

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
It's hilarious how people brag about making money in stocks and equate it to how smart they are.

There are some very dumb, naïve, ignorant people posting on GetBig.  

Keep on living you young mongoloids.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2014, 10:50:16 AM »
I've been investing nearly 20 years with my own $, and nearly a decade with others' $.

The small investor makes money by the power of compounding, investing wisely in a diversified portfolio of quality investments over time, and being patient.

If you have the time and aptitude to dig in deep and find your own investments and not let fear, greed, and ego get in the way, perhaps you can learn to do your own. If you don't have the time, aptitude, and emotional makeup to do this, you're better off investing with a professional.

When picking your own individual investments, it's all about being forward-looking. Since no one can predict the future, you'd better really learn to know what the hell you're doing and not think you're so smart that you're never going to be wrong. Because you will be wrong sometimes. Diversify and learn to manage risk.

If you do it long enough the right way, you'll turn a few bucks into many over time. But you won't beat the market EVERY year, no matter how good you are. Nor will you never have a losing year if you do it long enough. You won't average 50% or more a year if you do it very long, and it's highly unlikely you'll make triple digits in any given year. Not even the very best average mid double digits over time.

And good luck if you decide to "day trade" - most figured out 15 or more years ago that it's too risky and too expensive. Even if you can trade for as little as $2 a trade on average, you do 3 trades a day for a year, you've spent a good $1500. Not a big deal if you have 6 or 7 figures to invest, but if you've only got $30k, that's 5% right off the top. And those big funds like DE Shaw and Jim Simons' fund Renaissance that use those automated HF trading systems these days will probably eat you alive pretty quickly.

Go to 2:40 here and listen to what the fund manager says about human traders:

I'm skeptical about his track record though. He'd need to show me proof that he's never had a losing month before I'd give him any $.

If you wisely choose to invest with a professional or to spread your $ among several money managers (or both), them having a track record of success is very important. Preferably a long track record. Would you listen to some "guru" on a BB forum regurgitating info from some 1990's day trading books & seminars who cannot provide you a track record of success going back decades or even a few years? Or would you rather read up on and and listen to Soros, Icahn, Buffett, Lynch, Berkowitz, Yactman, Bruce, Paulson, Einhorn, et al?
A

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
You missed the part about me making over 150% profit in Lloyds Banking within two years  ;D...you chose to read what you want and ignore the facts which might hurt your little bum hole.  ;D

You missed the fact that I sold Royal Mail within days making over 25%...and I can go and go on...whereas you, a hot air balloon.

I could go on and on...but arguying with someone who doesn;t invest probably cos he cant afford to invest is seriously entertaining.

Prove yourself - I don't believe for a second that you made those gains. I am in the financial industry and have done quite well - you are a silly lil "inter-knucklehead" and your frustration in real life causes you to share your delusions with the cyber-world.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2014, 01:28:20 PM »
It's hilarious how people brag about making money in stocks and equate it to how smart they are.

There are some very dumb, naïve, ignorant people posting on GetBig.  

Keep on living you young mongoloids.

It's not about being smart, stocks are not everyones cup of tea, but the truth of the matter is, everyone working a normal job will end up border line broke at best when they retire unless they have invested their money wisely, be it a pension or a property or business ventures...etc some chose to build a an investment portfolio.

Naïve and dumb are the ones doing nothing.
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »
I've been investing nearly 20 years with my own $, and nearly a decade with others' $.

The small investor makes money by the power of compounding, investing wisely in a diversified portfolio of quality investments over time, and being patient.

If you have the time and aptitude to dig in deep and find your own investments and not let fear, greed, and ego get in the way, perhaps you can learn to do your own. If you don't have the time, aptitude, and emotional makeup to do this, you're better off investing with a professional.

When picking your own individual investments, it's all about being forward-looking. Since no one can predict the future, you'd better really learn to know what the hell you're doing and not think you're so smart that you're never going to be wrong. Because you will be wrong sometimes. Diversify and learn to manage risk.

If you do it long enough the right way, you'll turn a few bucks into many over time. But you won't beat the market EVERY year, no matter how good you are. Nor will you never have a losing year if you do it long enough. You won't average 50% or more a year if you do it very long, and it's highly unlikely you'll make triple digits in any given year. Not even the very best average mid double digits over time.

And good luck if you decide to "day trade" - most figured out 15 or more years ago that it's too risky and too expensive. Even if you can trade for as little as $2 a trade on average, you do 3 trades a day for a year, you've spent a good $1500. Not a big deal if you have 6 or 7 figures to invest, but if you've only got $30k, that's 5% right off the top. And those big funds like DE Shaw and Jim Simons' fund Renaissance that use those automated HF trading systems these days will probably eat you alive pretty quickly.

Go to 2:40 here and listen to what the fund manager says about human traders:

I'm skeptical about his track record though. He'd need to show me proof that he's never had a losing month before I'd give him any $.

If you wisely choose to invest with a professional or to spread your $ among several money managers (or both), them having a track record of success is very important. Preferably a long track record. Would you listen to some "guru" on a BB forum regurgitating info from some 1990's day trading books & seminars who cannot provide you a track record of success going back decades or even a few years? Or would you rather read up on and and listen to Soros, Icahn, Buffett, Lynch, Berkowitz, Yactman, Bruce, Paulson, Einhorn, et al?

Solid well balanced post and straight to the point.
S