Author Topic: Bigtoe in USA  (Read 13369 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Bigtoe in USA
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2006, 06:36:58 PM »
Brignole had an excellent physique. Nice guy as well. He trained at Gold's Venice '94-96... I'm pretty sure.
a

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2006, 08:30:24 PM »
Intense I trained usually in the morning (against my usual time) because my traning partner then was Ron Depolito andhe liked training in the morning.  I hated it to cause Ihad drive in from Manhatan Beach and be there by 8am.  I was a housepainter so Ihad a couple houses to paint while I was in the neighborhood.  Do you remember him.  He was like a whie pimp and had girls that he would provide to parties and for the guys to have fun with.  He drove a pink corvette.  I'm trying to remember that about Joe.  I was there from 79 to around 83.  You know all that time Ispent there I never ever went to Gold's Gym.  I do remember he made sure EVERYONE paid their dues.  He really took a liking to me.  He would notice when I wasn't there andask me where I was yesterday.  I was a young guy at 247 butIguess pretty strong and cut

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 08:45:48 PM »
Intense I trained usually in the morning (against my usual time) because my traning partner then was Ron Depolito andhe liked training in the morning.  I hated it to cause Ihad drive in from Manhatan Beach and be there by 8am.  I was a housepainter so Ihad a couple houses to paint while I was in the neighborhood.  Do you remember him.  He was like a whie pimp and had girls that he would provide to parties and for the guys to have fun with.  He drove a pink corvette.  I'm trying to remember that about Joe.  I was there from 79 to around 83.  You know all that time Ispent there I never ever went to Gold's Gym.  I do remember he made sure EVERYONE paid their dues.  He really took a liking to me.  He would notice when I wasn't there andask me where I was yesterday.  I was a young guy at 247 butIguess pretty strong and cut

I vaguly remember that name (Ron), Doug was down there more during the week because I was still in high school and only could go on weekends or holidays....but I was there the year Arnold was training for the 80' Olympia. Ed Guiliani practically lived there and we became pretty good friends.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »
MAn wer was that outside gym, that looks old school and awesome. haha

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 07:31:31 PM »
That outside gym was part of the original World Gym.  And it was fun getting tan and lifting at the same time.  It was the place where we could go talk and look over girls walking by.  I always thought it was really neat to have that outside area