Author Topic: Does Brock End "The Streak"?  (Read 5298 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Does Brock End "The Streak"?
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 06:26:17 AM »
Was thinking about you...WWE did a special Vintage Collection on Curt Henning showing clips of him training with Larry and matches.

WHERE???

You must tell me NOW before the mark inside of me a shrivels to Deca-atrophied balls level!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2014, 06:51:17 AM »

Okay...I need to figure out this podcast thing. I've got an iPhone, earbuds, and gym membership; how do I access his shows for cardio?

Just go to the podcast app and you can search for them. Austin has two different shows that come out each week, a family frendly one and one where he says mother fucker ever other word.  JR has one called The Ross Report, Jerichos is talk is Jericho and  Cabannas is The Art Of Wrestling.  You can add the shows to your library and the new episodes download automaticity. 
Cabanna is the best at it but he's been doing longer than the others.

There's also several bodybuilding shows too.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2014, 07:06:21 AM »
Just go to the podcast app and you can search for them. Austin has two different shows that come out each week, a family frendly one and one where he says mother fucker ever other word.  JR has one called The Ross Report, Jerichos is talk is Jericho and  Cabannas is The Art Of Wrestling.  You can add the shows to your library and the new episodes download automaticity. 
Cabanna is the best at it but he's been doing longer than the others.

There's also several bodybuilding shows too.

Thanks! I've honestly never done the podcast thing.
Looking forward to trying it!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2014, 07:29:03 AM »

Thanks! I've honestly never done the podcast thing.
Looking forward to trying it!!

I think you'd like it.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2014, 08:02:58 AM »

Okay...I need to figure out this podcast thing. I've got an iPhone, earbuds, and gym membership; how do I access his shows for cardio?

You should have the apple Podcast app on your phone. If not, go to the App Store and download it or any other podcast app. The one I have is Icatcher. It costs like $3.

Once you have an app, do a search for "Austin."

The two Podcasts in this pic should come up. Hit the "Subscribe" button. At that point, you should be able to download individual episodes.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2014, 08:04:55 AM »
You should have the apple Podcast app on your phone. If not, go to the App Store and download it or any other podcast app. The one I have is Icatcher. It costs like $3.

Once you have an app, do a search for "Austin."

The two Podcasts in this pic should come up. Hit the "Subscribe" button. At that point, you should be able to download individual episodes.

Thanks!

Are they stored on my phone like music?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »

Thanks!

Are they stored on my phone like music?

Yes, but you'll probably want to garbage most of them after listening as they start to eat up a lot of space.

On the weight training side, Mark Bell's Powercast is good.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »
Yes, but you'll probably want to garbage most of them after listening as they start to eat up a lot of space.

On the weight training side, Mark Bell's Powercast is good.

Thanks again, brother!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2014, 10:32:22 AM »
IMO the Streak ow overshadows any other match on the card.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »

WHERE???

You must tell me NOW before the mark inside of me a shrivels to Deca-atrophied balls level!!
Lol...watch WWE Vintage this week if you can on TV.. It repeats several times.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
Lol...watch WWE Vintage this week if you can on TV.. It repeats several times.

Gracias!!

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »
If this is Taker's last match, there is a chance Brock could beat him. But I remember Taker saying years ago that he would lose his last match to end the streak to really put somebody over before he leaves - the gesture of a true wrestling legend. However Brock is surely as over now as he will ever be.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 05:13:27 PM »
If this is Taker's last match, there is a chance Brock could beat him. But I remember Taker saying years ago that he would lose his last match to end the streak to really put somebody over before he leaves - the gesture of a true wrestling legend. However Brock is surely as over now as he will ever be.

I agree about Brock and I hope Taker has different opinions about wrestling traditions like going out on your back.

I am all in favor of guys fulfilling that tradition, but the streak needs to stay in tact.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »
By all accounts Brocks contract is up after Wrestlemania, why let "that guy" end the streak? I just don't see it.
Anybody remember when Brock/Taker exchanged words at a UFC event? What was the real situation behind that? Taker said it was personal, but what?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 08:36:45 PM »
By all accounts Brocks contract is up after Wrestlemania, why let "that guy" end the streak? I just don't see it.
Anybody remember when Brock/Taker exchanged words at a UFC event? What was the real situation behind that? Taker said it was personal, but what?

When two wrestlers exchange words in front of a camera it's a work.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2014, 05:12:11 AM »
When two wrestlers exchange words in front of a camera it's a work.

Exactly.

All that was was a publicity stunt.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2014, 05:14:53 AM »

It is unusual to hear Taker discuss those matters, but I respect him for holding that belief. However, I don't feel Brock is the one to deserve that push. I don't see Brock staying in the company long term, and I can't see them giving/wasting the Taker job on him.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2014, 07:31:42 AM »
Good idea I like it!

He been big on not breaking character that's why he doesn't do interviews that often.

He carved himself out a lucrative, long-term niche with the 'Taker character.

"Mean Mark Callous" could have buried him forever.

Isn't 'Taker the one that "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer took money from for training, then skipped town?

~

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »
The streak will never ennd, it defeats the purpose of it. Why would WWE make him win 20 plus years of WM's only to lose 1?? His last match will be next year as WM will be held in texas. Who will his opponent be?

JOHN CENA

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2014, 07:14:13 PM »
The streak will never ennd, it defeats the purpose of it. Why would WWE make him win 20 plus years of WM's only to lose 1?? His last match will be next year as WM will be held in texas. Who will his opponent be?

JOHN CENA

At this point, I agree.

Maybe that will change if they find someone deserving and in need of the push, but I doubt that will happen.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2014, 08:38:41 PM »
There are two other names that have never faced a Taker at Mania, and would draw huge:

Austin
The Rock

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »
There are two other names that have never faced a Taker at Mania, and would draw huge:

Austin
The Rock

I don't think Austin will ever wrestle again.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »

Austin
The Rock

I think Taker would rather put someone over at WM that can carry the company into the future. Even though it would draw huge, The Rock isn't that guy. Cena is the logical choice even though he's no spring chicken anymore but his loyalty to the WWE is undeniable.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2014, 06:48:40 AM »

I don't think Austin will ever wrestle again.

Caught the Austin Podcast with Big Show as a guest. Austin said Vince couldn't pay him enough to break the streak, but he didn't rule out a possible return.

An interesting tidbit. Show said Taker had the best cardio in the locker room, pretty amazing for such a big guy.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2014, 06:57:40 AM »
Caught the Austin Podcast with Big Show as a guest. Austin said Vince couldn't pay him enough to break the streak, but he didn't rule out a possible return.

An interesting tidbit. Show said Taker had the best cardio in the locker room, pretty amazing for such a big guy.

That's interesting, but thinking of it, I've never seen Taker blow up in a match!!