Author Topic: guys who regularly travel for your job, how do you diet/workout?  (Read 1536 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
guys who regularly travel for your job, how do you diet/workout?
« on: February 25, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »
Im in a position now where I have to travel regularly... all over the world.... about 2 weeks a month...

how the hell do you guys manage to stay on hour diets/injection schedule/workout? Most of my gyms have had decent gyms, but the restaurant choices have been sub-par where im at now... pretty much all fast food and sub shops.  I have to go to europe for several weeks as well.... hopefully better food choices there.

thebrink

• Getbig V
Re: guys who regularly travel for your job, how do you diet/workout?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
Just make sure you get a good per diem from your company and just eat out. But first things first make sure you go on the hunt for a good gym the moment you arrive in town.

the trainer

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 03:57:41 PM »
Im in a position now where I have to travel regularly... all over the world.... about 2 weeks a month...

how the hell do you guys manage to stay on hour diets/injection schedule/workout? Most of my gyms have had decent gyms, but the restaurant choices have been sub-par where im at now... pretty much all fast food and sub shops.  I have to go to europe for several weeks as well.... hopefully better food choices there.

Because you are fucking stupid if you believe you need to eat every two hours, You only need 3 meals daily I actually lost bodyfat when I stop eating every two hours and drop it to 3, I eat at sushi restaurants when I am on the road real sushi not the fake kind with mayo.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
Just make sure you get a good per diem from your company and just eat out. But first things first make sure you go on the hunt for a good gym the moment you arrive in town.
I get around 90$/day for food, that I rarely use all of. Thats not the issue. Its the choices.... I cant figjre out if I should go buy a goddamn chicken from the grocery store and portion it out with some microwave rice, or if I should go to sitdown restaurants ED and get meat and veggies... I cant eat at fast cood because I make horrible choices.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »
Because you are fucking stupid if you believe you need to eat every two hours, You only need 3 meals daily I actually lost bodyfat when I stop eating every two hours and drop it to 3, I eat at sushi restaurants when I am on the road real sushi not the fake kind with mayo.
yes, cause I totally talkex about eating every 2 hours. I eat 4x a day rtad. Im asking what mind of meals/restaurants getbivvers frequent on the road, or do they buy shit precooked at the supermarket.

FYI at bumfuckville,midwest US, there was nothing but KFC ,subway, mcdonalds, and a grocedy store.  It was pathetic.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »
I get around 90$/day for food, that I rarely use all of. Thats not the issue. Its the choices.... I cant figjre out if I should go buy a goddamn chicken from the grocery store and portion it out with some microwave rice, or if I should go to sitdown restaurants ED and get meat and veggies... I cant eat at fast cood because I make horrible choices.

If you have time eat out! Thats a great per diem, so take advantage of it. You can always do the tuna and water thing in the hotel room  :-\

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 04:13:50 PM »
workout?!   ;D

$90/day is a high per diem.  If you have a suite get some groceries at the start of the week and supplement with light lunches.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »
Hookers, lots of hookers + coke so I don't get too hungry.

I used to go to a local whore house and they'd give me a $50 reciept that said "food"  and I'd submit that and get reimbursed each time.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 04:18:36 PM »
It's tough but doable.

-always start the day with 50 grams of protein.
-subways are everywhere, double chicken breast on whole wheat foot long no cheese
-cold muscle milk from 7/Eleven
-only plan arms, shoulders, abs or cardio in the hotel gym
-No booze
-pack your sups
a

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
Hookers, lots of hookers + coke so I don't get too hungry.

I used to go to a local whore house and they'd give me a $50 reciept that said "food"  and I'd submit that and get reimbursed each time.
lol. Ill remember that if I ever divorce my young, hot, loyal wife. Which probably wont happen.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 04:21:52 PM »
The suite is key...if you can cook your own food then you can save that Per Diem. Is that 2 week shots? I used to travel a ton, still do a bit but I would be gone for a month at a shot and could plan out everything including working a deal with the local gyms.
L

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »
grocery store or restarant.

train urban if need be, do dips between seats in the plane.

be creative.

n

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »
I have a $115 per diem.

I use a good chunk of that on "day passes" at random gyms in cities I visit.

Here's my typical day on the road if I land at a humane hour:

1. have already pre-searched my route from airport to hotel, and know which gyms are on the way home, their hours, and if they sell a day pass. Hit the one up I want most
2. on cab ride home, cabbie drops me and my bag (I never check luggage on a trip - you're practically begging an airline to lose your bags, which you don't need when you're working) off at the gym. I leave my bag (locked) with front desk if lockers in the changeroom aren't big enough. Go work out. Buy 5 or so protein shakes at the gym because by then I'm too tired to go grocery shopping. Get to the hotel, do work, and go to sleep
3. next day, work. I have a few bottles of protein shakes I can drink if I starve.

By now, I've usually spent $30 for the gym, another $30 for the protein shakes, and I still have quite a bit of my per diem left over if I get a chance to buy real food.

It's honestly not fun. I don't like traveling for work - I do it because they pay me to do it.

When I run out of protein shakes, and I don't have time to hit a grocery store, I channel my Adonis principles. I save up my $70 I have left after my daily workout. Then, I hit up one nice steakhouse for my once daily meal. Usually a very nice steak, a salad that looks appetizing, 3 glasses of beer, and a dessert. And after, a cigar or some of the local cigarettes (I have to buy those on my own tab, but it's a guilty pleasure when I travel...I like to reward myself with a smoke when I'm traveling)

I'm a creature of habit, and the road is not alluring to me. Some guys, like my old man, loved it and spent 5 days a week traveling for work. I never picked up that gene from him.

I honestly never have trouble going to the gym. I guess I just really like working out, it keeps me sane, and trying out a new gym with new equipment and seeing what the girls in a foreign city look like is plenty enough to get me excited to see a new gym.

Where it gets tough is when you're traveling with your boss, who might be a windbag and wants to talk the whole trip and have non-stop meetings. Or who doesn't understand you'd like a few minutes to workout. In those cases, I have to make due with the hotel gym (this is about 40% of the time for me). Of course, you're lucky to find DB's about 35lbs in hotel gyms, so you do the best you can with what you get. If you look on the bright side, it forces you to change up your workouts a bit...might even be fun. And, you won't be able to lift heavy, so at least you can't hurt yourself in a foreign city! LOL!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »
Shockwave, you oughta research the local cuisine and visit their iconic places.  May as well get something unique to the area.  Every town and city will have something like that. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »
It's tough but doable.

-always start the day with 50 grams of protein.
-subways are everywhere, double chicken breast on whole wheat foot long no cheese
-cold muscle milk from 7/Eleven
-only plan arms, shoulders, abs or cardio in the hotel gym
-No booze
-pack your sups

good stuff right there.

Or just keep a mistress in each city you frequent and have a pot of chicken and rice waiting.

the trainer

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
yes, cause I totally talkex about eating every 2 hours. I eat 4x a day rtad. Im asking what mind of meals/restaurants getbivvers frequent on the road, or do they buy shit precooked at the supermarket.

FYI at bumfuckville,midwest US, there was nothing but KFC ,subway, mcdonalds, and a grocedy store.  It was pathetic.

Subway is a good choice you can order the seafood and crab sandwich with whole wheat bread.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »
It can be done and is being done very successfully. As we speak  :)

Always route your gyms from the hotel coupled with meeting times.

Often I'm having dinner with my clients as well, so I will end our meetings around 4 and meet them for dinner at 7. Giving me ample time to hammer out a gym session. I actually love going to new gyms in different cities. Always funny seeing the regulars (guys and girls) get all freaked about about someone else being jacked in their territory.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
Subway is a good choice you can order the seafood and crab sandwich with whole wheat bread.
You are aware that its not crab you would be eating there.  Its imitation crab.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 05:34:22 PM »

???? Crab.? From subway??? Jesus

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
Just eat up some beans and rice and roll down the road. Do some dips on the car bumper and curl a spare tire a few times and then free squats for 72 reps.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »
Just eat up some beans and rice and roll down the road. Do some dips on the car bumper and curl a spare tire a few times and then free squats for 72 reps.
and a bit shaddowboxing in a busy mall parking lot, never forget the cardio.

n

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »

how the hell do you guys manage to stay on hour diets/injection schedule/workout? Most of my gyms have had decent gyms, but the restaurant choices have been sub-par where im at now... pretty much all fast food and sub shops.  I have to go to europe for several weeks as well.... hopefully better food choices there.

Sounds cool, congratulations  8)

White people problems...  ::)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 07:30:36 PM »
Triple H covered this topic in his workout book  "Making the game" maybe you should check that out.  He's on the road 300 days a year, or at least was so he must know something.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 07:33:20 PM »
Intermittent fasting mixed with with heavy jim wendler 5/3/1 supersetted with other stuff and running

Diet= Ezekiel bread grilled ham and cheese and protein shakes

Bench