Author Topic: Mayweather to fight Maidana in May 3  (Read 4579 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Mayweather to fight Maidana in May 3
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 03:36:26 AM »

Lara is fucking fast! He fucked up angulo bad! Angulo quit on lara! Angulo looked like he had a tumor on the side of his eye. They def had to drain that fucker. Lara uses thumbs if you watch he throws a puch and twists his thumb in. I think the fighter with the best chance is lara and a fight that could really happen. Bradley would be a good fight but he is a top rank fighter so that is a no go. provadnikov would be intersting too if floyd would brawl with him like bradley did,but same thing Top rank fighter, pacman top rank will not happen.

Agreed on the thumbs.  that's pretty obvious in the angulo and paul williams fight but he was jacking that eye back in the 5th round when he started to target it specifically.  he's the best on the board and doesn't have to sit the pocket to unload the left.  anyway, it won't happen. fmw doesn't like guys with greater reach either. if i'm correct lara is around 75-76" vs fmw's 72" which is a philly shell killer.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 03:49:35 AM »
I remember when you were saying Mayweather was afraid of Berto because he was black.  Now he's afraid of a a true 140 pounder in Bradley and Lara the guy who barely beat Angulo?  You're a retard.

Dumbass, watch Berto vs Quintana who is a tactician, not fucking slugging Mexicans.  After Guerrero I would have never let Berto fight another Mexican EVER.  He's a shot WW with short arms who walks down opponents, sit on their chest with sub-par defense and loads up which is made for Mexican fighters.  ops, that's a bit like Broner.   Give Berto 2-3 boxers than Paulie or Judah and he's back on track.  It's all about styles and matchmaking, but you're a FMW fan, so you know that already.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 05:20:43 AM »
Lara would be the toughest choice for sure. But Mayweather isn't going near him just like he didn't fancy Martinez at 154.

Bradley is a smart fighter but wouldn't be good enough for Floyd. A fading Paquaio beat him but got jobbed and a crude Provodnikov made him dance a few times.
Khan is a good fighter but has been poor since the Peterson fight.

Berto has always been mediocre. Collazo tapped him but got jobbed.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 05:43:57 AM »
khan is a better boxer than he is given credit for

his glass chin clouds peoples views

khan has the foot work and punch speed to at least make the rounds competitive

maidana wont land a punch

If Amir could take a decent shot (like froch for example) he'd leave Prince Nassem in his shadow, and would have a lot of titles.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 05:45:18 AM »
If Amir could take a decent shot (like froch for example) he'd leave Prince Nassem in his shadow, and would have a lot of titles.

I know its a shame

but your punch resistance is something you are born with
T

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 08:24:01 AM »

Berto has always been mediocre. Collazo tapped him but got jobbed.

i'm aware of the mediocrity but he's always posed a problem for pure boxers.

BTW, take a peak at FMW's fights since Judah.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=boxer&human_id=352

The only test I see in the line up is Cotto, and he peppered Floyd a bit in that fight, so Floyd blamed his performance on Roger.  Mosley was done.  

How the fuck can he claim best ever?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »
i'm aware of the mediocrity but he's always posed a problem for pure boxers.

BTW, take a peak at FMW's fights since Judah.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=boxer&human_id=352

The only test I see in the line up is Cotto, and he peppered Floyd a bit in that fight, so Floyd blamed his performance on Roger.  Mosley was done.  

How the fuck can he claim best ever?

Even Cotto was damaged goods after the Margarito and Paquaio fights.

The fights were there for Mayweather to establish himself as one of the best ever. He should have fought Cotto after Cotto beat Judah. He should have fought Paquaio after Paquaio beat Cotto, and he should have fought Martinez after Martinez beat Dzinziruk.
Had he taken these fights and won, then there would be no doubts over his greatness. But he wouldn't have got through those three fights unbeaten.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »
Dumbass, watch Berto vs Quintana who is a tactician.........

Lol-no.....he's not.  Quintana is the definition of "average".  You would be the first dude to ever attach the words tactical technician to anything regarding Carlos Quintana.

You're like the Genova of boxing threads.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 10:20:59 AM »
Yes he would have easy work he beat de la hoya and every fighter he sent his way.

Hi Floyd.  ::)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:35 AM »
khan is a better boxer than he is given credit for

his glass chin clouds peoples views

khan has the foot work and punch speed to at least make the rounds competitive

maidana wont land a punch

This....Khan would be a much more competitive fight for FMJ.