Author Topic: Creatine - Is it worth taking for a natural?  (Read 5751 times)

TEMPER

• Getbig III
Re: Creatine - Is it worth taking for a natural?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 10:09:45 PM »
It's been proven that using creatine long-term as a supplement causes creatinine levels to go above desirable thresholds into the unhealthy range, affecting kidney function

Blood creatinine levels are dependant on the amount of muscle mass one carries, diet, exercise, underlying kidney problems and many, many other factors.

I have never heard of 1 serious study proving that 5g of supplemental creatine per day in a healthy individual has ever caused any health problems whatsoever.

Here ya go sport:

Causes of high creatinine levels

1. Dehydration or inadequate water intake such as high fever, sweating, diuresis can cause blood concentration and reduced blood flow in the kidneys. Creatinine will increase.

2. Over-tiredness, lack of rest can cause elevation of creatinine level.

3. Urine abnormalities such as long term hematuria, proteinuria can be accompanied by high creatinine.

4. Intake of drugs that have renal toxicity can cause high creatinine which can even be irreversible.

5. If renal dysfunction patients have infections such as cold, pneumonia, intestinal infection, urinary tract infections can increase creatinine level in short time.

http://www.kidneyfailureweb.com/creatinine/251.html

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 10:19:37 PM »
So tell me... Do those strength increases remain constant throughout the duration you're on creatine? The answer is no. Everyone who has taken creatine should know after the first month and ahalf the strength increases slow down. You're not gonna put on 30lbs on your bench every month for the entire year you're on creatine.

This is why you cycle.

Rofl dude you really do not understand the fucking biology involved in atp, creatine, or even how muscles work for that matter...

When you supplement with creatine it just fills gaps in the cells that are empty it does not add any new tissue.

If you're functioning on 50% ATP levels and all of a sudden start functioning on 100% levels (supplementing with creatine) of course you'll see an initial TINY jump in how you perform..But that's just because you're bringing something up to full...lol

The "strength increase" is a minor side effect of the tiny amount of fluid and size the muscle gains when ATP and the stores are filled up...Wtf 30lbs on your bench..dude rofl you are a fucking beginner man..Lol month and a half? dude creatine is not a fucking drug...It's instant. The minute you drink it your cells are full, whatever strength or size you gain from it is gained right then..Instantly.

Jesus why am I even typing this you have zero knowledge of any reality and this is a waste of time.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 10:22:58 PM »
Rofl dude you really do not understand the fucking biology involved in atp, creatine, or even how muscles work for that matter...

When you supplement with creatine it just fills gaps in the cells that are empty it does not add any new tissue.

If you're functioning on 50% ATP levels and all of a sudden start functioning on 100% levels (supplementing with creatine) of course you'll see an initial TINY jump in how you perform..But that's just because you're bringing something up to full...lol

Jesus why am I even typing this you have zero knowledge of any reality and this is a waste of time.

Wow bro thanks for sharing your jr college physiology knowledge.

A

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 10:24:03 PM »
Wow bro thanks for sharing your jr college physiology knowledge.

You are a beginner and completely clueless, I don't even know where to begin.

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 10:24:42 PM »
So tell me... Do those strength increases remain constant throughout the duration you're on creatine? The answer is no. Everyone who has taken creatine should know after the first month and ahalf the strength increases slow down. You're not gonna put on 30lbs on your bench every month for the entire year you're on creatine. This first month and half, yes, but not every month the entire year.

This is why you cycle.

Tbh,
I don't really know. I never looked into it in depth, and I didn't stay on it.
All I know is it increased my strength significantly and quickly for the short duration I was using it.
I was training naturally at the time.

Not trying to be an asshole, but 'creatine cycles' just sounds funny.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 10:25:14 PM »
Jesus Christ people read a fucking article once in a while before spouting off your random horseshit make believe fun facts...

Lol no. Just spouting off random bullshit perpetrated by supplement companies to milk you for $70.

Creatine monohydrate is all you need and it is $20 for 2lbs of the shit...Cheap and effective.

You say this word "bloat" but I don't think you know what it means.

Bloat: Bloating is any abnormal general swelling, or increase in diameter of the abdominal area.

Some people get gas and such from eating any raw powders like glutamine, creatine, fiber powder, etc...Has nothing to do with the creatine itself it's the fact that it's basically a non easily digestible powder..A 2 minute gas bubble is not "bloating"

Just plain clueless...Clueless. Creatine has no effect on "water retention" Again I think you have no clue of the meaning.

Water retention: An abnormal accumulation of fluid in the circulatory system or within the tissues or cavities of the body.

Creatine does some very minor things to muscle cells' intracellular fluid...On a microscopic cellular level within the muscle cells...Hello..Fluids are what give muscle any size whatsoever lol...A huge % of muscle tissue is water..

Absolutely creatine is one of the most valuable supplements for overall well being you can get..For the money it is completely undeniable $20 for 2lbs of the stuff which is like a 180 day supply..

If you care to know all the positive benefits to supplementing creatine MONOHYDRATE that go way beyond muscles or strength read this article.
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/new_uses_for_creatine

I was not using bloat in the clinical sense, what I meant was that I thought I was retaining more water, more likely I was getting fatter as well (likely increased calories were more responsible than creatine).

Just ordered.  19.35 with two day shipping for 2.2lbs.  We'll see if it works, if not I'll just return it.

Read the wiki and it seems legit.

I'll do one rounded teaspon a day, no loading nonsense

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »
I realize that any gains will be moderate, but after a decade and a half of training with no supplements and only making very modest gains (if any) at this point, I'll take what I can get.

Maybe in another 20 years they'll have a performance enhancing drug with major results and no significant adverse effects.

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 10:31:08 PM »
I realize that any gains will be moderate, but after a decade and a half of training with no supplements and only making very modest gains (if any) at this point, I'll take what I can get.

Maybe in another 20 years they'll have a performance enhancing drug with major results and no significant adverse effects.

If you're natural id say the strength gains are more than moderate.
I remember overhead pressing a bar that just one month before was difficult - and easily doing it while sitting.
It was a 'wtf moment'.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 10:31:11 PM »
You are a beginner and completely clueless, I don't even know where to begin.

Yes obviously with your jr college physiology 101 knowlege, it is I that am the beginner.  

You're just forgetting about the muscular and neural adaptations of the initial strength increases from that increase in creatine and increased resynthesis of ATP  :-\

A

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »
I was not using bloat in the clinical sense, what I meant was that I thought I was retaining more water, more likely I was getting fatter as well (likely increased calories were more responsible than creatine).

Just ordered.  19.35 with two day shipping for 2.2lbs.  We'll see if it works, if not I'll just return it.

Read the wiki and it seems legit.

I'll do one rounded teaspon a day, no loading nonsense

Lol dude you are using this term "works" like it's fucking Dianabol...When you start taking a multi vitamin do you all of a sudden notice some crazy changes to your body...NO LOL. Creatine is just something that is part of how the cells function..Nothing drastic happens.

If your deficient in the stuff it brings you up to full levels and life goes on...Say Each muscle cell weighs "100 units" , when you take creatine now they all weigh 105 units. So you may gain 1lb of "muscle (intracellular fluid) " With that 1lb gain comes what always comes with 1lb gains...NOt much of anything...Creatine is not some drug or even anything, it's just food..It plays on minute cellular functions in the brain, muscles, tissues, all around bodily functions because it is always there in our bodies, we are just bringing our levels up to 100% to maximize it's effects.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 10:37:55 PM »
Yes obviously with your jr college physiology 101 knowlege, it is I that am the beginner.  

You're just forgetting about the muscular and neural adaptations of the initial strength increases from that increase in creatine and increased resynthesis of ATP  :-\

No you're forgetting that you are not strong...So you have never been strong, and never will be strong...Going from fucking benching 135 to benching 185 after having trained for 6 months is not your "creatine cycle" it's called gains...From lifting and eating.

If your "creatine cycle" put 30lbs on your bench you are a total beginner and would have gained that 30lbs on your bench by doing anything...

Actual strong people, powerlifters, and bodybuilders, that bench 315+ for easy reps on any given day will not see anything from creatine...Key word being "SEE" just because you don't see physical changes does not mean your cells etc. are not functioning better on a minute level.

The fact that you think you need to stop taking A FUCKING FOOD...CREATINE IS IN FOOD..For "2-3 months" or whatever horseshit you were spouting proves you're clueless.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2014, 10:45:27 PM »
4- 6 weeks on 2-3 months off. .

If you hop on too soon from the last cycle you won't see those true strength gains...only endurance. Your muscle still has a lot of creatine stored in it.

I recommend cycling mainly for strength tho. If muscle gains are your concern just stay on and you should benefit from the increased endurance in training.

Holy fuck this is retarded.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 10:56:48 PM »
No you're forgetting that you are not strong...So you have never been strong, and never will be strong...Going from fucking benching 135 to benching 185 after having trained for 6 months is not your "creatine cycle" it's called gains...From lifting and eating.

If your "creatine cycle" put 30lbs on your bench you are a total beginner and would have gained that 30lbs on your bench by doing anything...

Actual strong people, powerlifters, and bodybuilders, that bench 315+ for easy reps on any given day will not see anything from creatine...Key word being "SEE" just because you don't see physical changes does not mean your cells etc. are not functioning better on a minute level.

The fact that you think you need to stop taking A FUCKING FOOD...CREATINE IS IN FOOD..For "2-3 months" or whatever horseshit you were spouting proves you're clueless.

Funny you say that because my last creatine cycle years ago increased my bench from 305 for 8 to 305 for 10 in a month.

When you're talking about advanced lifers you're talking about people that use steroids or actual advanced dudes who eat so much meat creatine supplementation is less of a benefit.

And of course the more advanced you are the less shit works. Groundbreaking shit Einstein   ::)
A

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »
Well there ya go. In my opinion it's the best supplement out there. It is an actual supplement, although it is in food like you said you'd have to eat 2-3lbs of meat a day and digest it all 100% perfectly to get 5g. Which is why everyone not supplementing is running at 50% or less. Bringing that up to 100% can only be good.

Really is worth a read.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 11:16:46 PM »
Well there ya go. In my opinion it's the best supplement out there. It is an actual supplement, although it is in food like you said you'd have to eat 2-3lbs of meat a day and digest it all 100% perfectly to get 5g. Which is why everyone not supplementing is running at 50% or less. Bringing that up to 100% can only be good.

Really is worth a read.

Thats something we both can agree on.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 11:20:51 PM »
From what I know, creatine is the only supplement that has been studied using randomized clinical trials in major universities (Harvard, Yale, Cornell, UCLA, etc). Creatine has been shown to work. This is what the research shows. It doesnt mean youre going to look like Ronnie Coleman, but studies show it does work, unlike muscletech and BSN garbage.
X

Go F Yourself

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 11:33:13 PM »
creatine is shown to inhibit mysotain, i would definitely be taking it

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 12:52:00 AM »
the only supplement i have been taking continuously.. very effective with me.. i thought it made me carry more water but here i have stopped it for about 2 months and still look the exact same!!..

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 12:57:23 AM »
the only supplement i have been taking continuously.. very effective with me.. i thought it made me carry more water but here i have stopped it for about 2 months and still look the exact same!!..

-modern day staff ( like pro rugby chemicals  ;)), everything else on WADA's lists is easily detectable
 ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 02:44:23 AM »
A better question is if it is worth it at all if you are on gear, even a small "enhanced" TRT dose?

Full disclosure: as a natty, I take creatine, fish oil, protein powder and some delusional ZMA. I would like to trade-in all of that for some test e.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 03:03:56 AM »
creatine works, it increase strengt a bit, but for it increase the volume during my training.

it i can do 3 set like 10/8/6 reps with a weight, with creatine after 2 weeks i can do 12/10/9.

so at the end the volume is bigger, so more volume means more strengt and more muscle.

With certain brand of creatine i can also feel my muscle more full when i woke up.
asstropin

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 03:07:50 AM »
creatine works, it increase strengt a bit, but for it increase the volume during my training.

it i can do 3 set like 10/8/6 reps with a weight, with creatine after 2 weeks i can do 12/10/9.

so at the end the volume is bigger, so more volume means more strengt and more muscle.

With certain brand of creatine i can also feel my muscle more full when i woke up.

This is starting to sound like a discussion on bb.com.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 03:10:35 AM »
try kre alkalyn this form of creatine does not bloat you.

You know why it doesn't bloat you? Because you take less. Alkalyn is 99% monohydrate.
It's a scam.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2014, 03:11:48 AM »

I think celltech is the best bro. It has dextrose to spike insulin levels that will help with the 2 week loading @ 20 grams a day.
A

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 03:13:38 AM »
5lbs extra on the bench for 5lbs extra bloat?  ???

Creatine works fine, but, some recent studies have shown that there might be long term effects connected to usage of creatine. Note, MIGHT.
Some results indicated that long term usage leads to a permanently lower the bodie's own production of creatine. Creatine is gods gift to permabulking nattys.  ;D

Some good info:
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-873-CREATINE.aspx?activeIngredientId=873&activeIngredientName=CREATINE

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12546637

PubMed has many interesting articles for further reading and references, provided you know how to read a scientific article/journal.