Author Topic: UFC - TRT Banned in Nevada  (Read 3455 times)

claymore

• Getbig IV
Re: UFC - TRT Banned in Nevada
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 08:57:47 PM »
bunch of uneducated morons making the rules in Nevada.

NSAC better take a good look at what made fighting profitable and exciting in Pride/Japan.

nobody wants to see a bunch of skinny 170lb natural kids fighting for 2yrs before their bodies break down.

THIS ^^^

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »
if what you want to see is 'pure sport & skill' that's been 'unadulterated', you'd better stick to watching teenage boys in a middle school wrestling tourney.

after that, you're doing anything and everything you can that will give you an advantage over your opponent.

when's the last time you saw a guy with high testosterone levels "naturally" stop in the middle of a fight and say "hey... this should be fair, i'll let you punch me in the face a few times so we're even"? fucking never!

it's sport, where money is made and people pay their bills with their bodies and performance.

doesn't matter if you're fighting for $500 in the basement of Club XS on a Saturday night in Tijuana, or $300 in an outdoor NHB fight in Sioux City Iowa, or $7000 in an undercard at a Belatore fight, or a $25000 maincard in a UFC Friday night fight on Facebook.... or whatever, you have the obligation to yourself and your family to do everything you possibly can to have an advantage in the bout.

if you don't, you're a sucker and don't deserve to call yourself a professional..... just change your name to Jamie Varner, paint your toenails, and wear sunglasses in the super-market... because you're a fucking bitch.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »
Insulin?  You're comparing diabetes to PED use?  Lol, sure dude.

It's simple: do what the old timers did when their test got low.  Retire.

Lol how true  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »
diabetes as in your body doesn't produce a certain hormone?

what about fighters with depression and issues with dopamine, and using dopamine-reuptake-inhibitors like Welbutrin? Welbutrin can be used as a stimulant... are they not allowed that?

not allowing trt is fucking retarded.

we have long established guidelines for what is considered 'normal' in terms of testosterone levels, as long as it's prescribed and your levels are within what's considered 'normal', even if it's 900... who the fuck is the NSAC to say you can't do it?

is there a "normal" level of cannabinoids? fuck no.. so why the fuck would they allow a medial exception for potheads who smoke weed?

and why should they retire? if the only thing holding you back from fighting is your body's ability to recover from training/fighting is excessively low testosterone.. and it doesn't matter one goddamn bit WHY it's low, be it testicular cancer or prior steroid use (steroid use isn't illegal in all countries, mind you, fucking hollier than thou bitches.. and not everybody lives in the US), then why the fuck should a guy NOT use testosterone to remain 'normal'? are women not allowed estrogen/progesterone if they need it?

and don't use the argument that it's a performance enhancer.. because you sure as fuck can't show up and fight DRUNK, and that's definitely not a performance enhancer.
Yeah, but the UFC allows testosterone levels far above normal. The ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone in the average male is 1:1. The average for athletes is 2:1. The UFC has allowed 6:1.(hardly normal levels). 

If you allow everyone to have the SAME testosterone level, it is like every light heavy weight wanting an 84 inch reach just as Jon Jones does.  Arm length varies, just as does testosterone levels.  And we all KNOW why a healthy athlete would have low testosterone levels the first place, don't we!  

The whole idea is to compete with what nature gave you, not create a bunch of clones with identical attributes.
V

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 09:15:48 PM »
Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter

The vote passes. TRT is now banned in Nevada. And not just applications, but includes users currently on it, effective immediately.

Dana White

"It's a great day in the sport! I applaud NSAC. TRT needed to go away."

UFC 173 in Las Vegas,

Weidman vs Belfort.........good luck Vitor  ;D

TRT or not he is going to take title from Weidman

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:27 PM »
Yeah, but the UFC allows testosterone levels far above normal. If you allow everyone to have the SAME testosterone level, it is like every light heavy weight wanting an 84 inch reach just as Jon Jones does.  The whole idea is to compete with what nature gave you, not create a bunch of clones with identical attributes.

ufc doesn't have a say in it. it's up to the commission to license and test a fighter.

hormones are fluid things.. they change for a variety of reasons. if your test is low be it from cancer or be it from steroids or be it from old age, and your skills are still adequate and your 'image/name' can still sell tickets, why then wouldn't you use test to be 'normal'?

I'm against drug testing in all forms. I don't care if it's steroids, speed, painkillers, benzo's or booze.. or weed. you're making $50k to fight not based on your skills, because we ALLLLL fucking know that the most skilled fighters don't sell the most tickets, but for your ability to entertain and sell tickets.

Oh? you're a 32nd Deg Blackbelt in BJJ, Hapkido, Tae Kwon Do, and whatever else... and you're a 6 time PanAm champ... AND you're a 11 time Abu Dhabi Combat Club champ?... ohhhh kay.. but you're dull as shit and can't speak English and your interviews suck, so we'll pay you $14k to fight.

Oh... and this guy is a high school wrestling champ... and he's a big, tattooed cocky loudmouth... AND he used to be a pro-wrestler... BUT, he's never fought in a legit full contact fight? eh... so what... we'll pay you $100k to headline a card. sound fair? k.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 09:31:24 PM »
ufc doesn't have a say in it. it's up to the commission to license and test a fighter.

hormones are fluid things.. they change for a variety of reasons. if your test is low be it from cancer or be it from steroids or be it from old age, and your skills are still adequate and your 'image/name' can still sell tickets, why then wouldn't you use test to be 'normal'?

I'm against drug testing in all forms. I don't care if it's steroids, speed, painkillers, benzo's or booze.. or weed. you're making $50k to fight not based on your skills, because we ALLLLL fucking know that the most skilled fighters don't sell the most tickets, but for your ability to entertain and sell tickets.

Oh? you're a 32nd Deg Blackbelt in BJJ, Hapkido, Tae Kwon Do, and whatever else... and you're a 6 time PanAm champ... AND you're a 11 time Abu Dhabi Combat Club champ?... ohhhh kay.. but you're dull as shit and can't speak English and your interviews suck, so we'll pay you $14k to fight.

Oh... and this guy is a high school wrestling champ... and he's a big, tattooed cocky loudmouth... AND he used to be a pro-wrestler... BUT, he's never fought in a legit full contact fight? eh... so what... we'll pay you $100k to headline a card. sound fair? k.
why then wouldn't you use test to be 'normal'? Because it's against the rules.  I also agree there should be ZERO restrictions on PED's, but while there are rules against the use of PED's, the fighters must abide by them, otherwise you have an unequal playing field, between those who are prepared to play by the rules and those that aren't.  And in a  sport that you are one punch or kick away from serious injury, it's probably not a good thing for some fighters to have an UN-NATURAL advantage.
V

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »
why then wouldn't you use test to be 'normal'? Because it's against the rules.  I also agree there should be ZERO restrictions on PED's, but while there are rules against the use of PED's, the fighters must abide by them, otherwise you have an unequal playing field, between those who are prepared to play by the rules and those that aren't.  And in a  sport that you are one punch or kick away from serious injury, it's probably not a good thing for some fighters to have an UN-NATURAL advantage.

wasn't against the rules until today.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 09:45:31 PM »
diabetes as in your body doesn't produce a certain hormone?

what about fighters with depression and issues with dopamine, and using dopamine-reuptake-inhibitors like Welbutrin? Welbutrin can be used as a stimulant... are they not allowed that?

Welbutrin should be banned by WADA but was taken off the banned list for some unknown reason.

not allowing trt is fucking retarded.

No, allowing steroid use in sports is fucking retarded.

we have long established guidelines for what is considered 'normal' in terms of testosterone levels, as long as it's prescribed and your levels are within what's considered 'normal', even if it's 900... who the fuck is the NSAC to say you can't do it?

Who's we?  "Normal" levels of testosterone to epi-testosterone are 1 to 1.  Fighters in Nevada are allowed a 6-1 ratio(which is insane) and most other states allow a 4-1 ratio. So that's why-as is known, most MMA fighters are already using PED's and tapering down to the 6-1 ratio before fight time.  Only the dumb ones get caught.

is there a "normal" level of cannabinoids? fuck no.. so why the fuck would they allow a medial exception for potheads who smoke weed?

I agree.  Weed should't be a banned substance.  But name one fighter with a weed exemption prescript that has been allowed to test positive.  I know of none.

and why should they retire? if the only thing holding you back from fighting is your body's ability to recover from training/fighting is excessively low testosterone.. and it doesn't matter one goddamn bit WHY it's low, be it testicular cancer or prior steroid use (steroid use isn't illegal in all countries, mind you, fucking hollier than thou bitches.. and not everybody lives in the US), then why the fuck should a guy NOT use testosterone to remain 'normal'? are women not allowed estrogen/progesterone if they need it?

Then why not let somebody take the padding out of their boxing gloves if the only thing holding them back is power?  This is a fight sport-you play football, you play soccer.  You don't play fighting.  Taking an elite combat athlete and allowing him to take steroids increasing his power beyond his natural means is a heath risk that involves everybody.  Not only is it stupid to allow it.  It's downright criminal.

and don't use the argument that it's a performance enhancer.. because you sure as fuck can't show up and fight DRUNK, and that's definitely not a performance enhancer.

That "is" the argument.  And by the way-showing up drunk to a fight isn't allowed not because the safety of the drunks opponent is in doubt.  It's for the safety of the drunk.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 09:49:59 PM »
wasn't against the rules until today.

PED's have always been against the rules.  You just aren't allowed to use the loophole now.  But for the pro-steroid in sports guy.  Don't worry because athletes will and still are using.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 10:35:46 PM »
PED's have always been against the rules.  You just aren't allowed to use the loophole now.  But for the pro-steroid in sports guy.  Don't worry because athletes will and still are using.

not a loophole.

it's a medical condition treated with prescribed medication and maintained within 350-900ng/dl.

if you're a grown man and your testosterone is under 350ng you have the absolute RIGHT to hormone replacement therapy the SAME way a WOMAN does with estrogen/progesterone.

for the NSAC to say "nah, you don't have that right" is ignorant as fuck... they're making rules based on public's misconception of what steroids are and what steroid use does... probably based on the same anti-steroid propaganda you've been reading and believing all your life.

we're not talking creating 300lb steroid beasts.... we're talking hormone replacement therapy that brings a fighter.. a man.. within 350-900ng/dl.

get that through your head.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 10:41:12 PM »
No need to melt down.  I  just make a better argument against PED use than you do for.    

If you can't figure out why people don't want to see pro athletes competing on steroids that's on you.

Don't watch then.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »
No need to melt down.  I  just make a better argument against PED use than you do for.   

If you can't figure out why people don't want to see pro athletes competing on steroids that's on you.

Don't watch then.

we're talking hormone replacement therapy... bringing an athletes testosterone levels into a range that's acceptable as 'normal'... 350-900ng/dl... not 2500ng/dl.

what part of that don't you understand?

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:01 PM »
Don't take it personal.   

Don't watch then.

Actually I disagree.  Athletes on steroids always are much better to watch like it or not.  People want to see the best of the best at their absolute best.  Heck baseball was brought out of the gutter by two roided up players.  
It's obviously a funny parody, but it has a lot of truth in it.  People want to see the freaks at their absolute freakiest for lack of a better term.

Voici Le Rédempteur

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Pour effacer la tache originelle.
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »
UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship
BREAKING NEWS: Vitor Belfort out of UFC 173. Lyoto Machida is in facing Chris Weidman for the middleweight title.

Story: http://at.ufc.com/qMLj

if you have fb:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152236707436276&set=a.106287481275.124019.46299886275&type=1

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 10:48:28 PM »
we're talking hormone replacement therapy... bringing an athletes testosterone levels into a range that's acceptable as 'normal'... 350-900ng/dl... not 2500ng/dl.

what part of that don't you understand?

What part of steroid use don't you understand?

If you need steroids to compete at the level of fighters not on steroids.  Pick another profession.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »
UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship
BREAKING NEWS: Vitor Belfort out of UFC 173. Lyoto Machida is in facing Chris Weidman for the middleweight title.

Story: http://at.ufc.com/qMLj

if you have fb:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152236707436276&set=a.106287481275.124019.46299886275&type=1

great... now we get to way Lyoto run backwards and flail his arms like a bitch when he gets caught with a straight right and left hook.

dude fights like a bitch and looks like a bitch everytime he gets knocked out... worse than chuck's KO's.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 10:56:08 PM »

What part of steroid use don't you understand?

If you need steroids to compete at the level of fighters not on steroids.  Pick another profession.

Unfortunately, most if not all the top guys use them or have used them.  It basically has become a game of who can beat the testing.  A few lose and get caught, but most don't.  They just make too much of a difference at the top levels for them not to be used. 

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 10:59:05 PM »
Unfortunately, most if not all the top guys use them or have used them.  It basically has become a game of who can beat the testing.  A few lose and get caught, but most don't.  They just make too much of a difference at the top levels for them not to be used. 

I agree.  80 to 90% of UFC athletes are already on. 

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 04:38:07 AM »
yeah vitor is gonna b hurtin if hes not going to b able to do his TRT, weidmans prolly home laughing his balls off n happy as hell. mark my words after weidman fight dana will just keep belfort on the brazil cards so this way he an keep using his TRT and putting asses in the seats n making the ufc money
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 04:52:15 AM »
i think machida is more dangerous than belfort, hes just not that exciting with his elusive style, hes always counter fighting
R

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 05:07:57 AM »
lol.. Vitor just canceled the fight..  ::)

it a bit sad that many of the fighters literally have no balls to fight now

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 05:10:46 AM »
soon TRT will be done away with all together

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 06:40:06 AM »
lol.. Vitor just canceled the fight..  ::)

it a bit sad that many of the fighters literally have no balls to fight now

Exactly.

"Whoa, wait? I gotta fight natural? No way. I can't. It's not possible. I'm out! Call Dana"

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2014, 06:41:56 AM »
Maybe you should be healthy and have a body in working order to compete in professional sports. What a concept!