Author Topic: UFC - TRT Banned in Nevada  (Read 3464 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: UFC - TRT Banned in Nevada
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2014, 10:34:36 AM »
i think machida is more dangerous than belfort, hes just not that exciting with his elusive style, hes always counter fighting

'elusive style' = he fights like a bitch who got locked in a cage with a real fighter and is just trying not to get murdered.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2014, 11:16:03 AM »

'elusive style' = he fights like a bitch who got locked in a cage with a real fighter and is just trying not to get murdered.
Defensive... I love agressive fighters as much as the next guy but to say a counter-style is fighting like a bitch is just ignorant. Combat sports are not the same as street fighting...

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2014, 11:58:27 AM »

Negro your crazy machida is knock out machine!

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »
Brazilian commission banned it as well, so its gone, oh well, all it will mean is guys will go back to retiring younger. Machida Weidman will be a snoorefest.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »
UFC's spin is working on you fools.  You guys actually think PED's are being banished when in reality only 5 guys are affected.  The rest use too they just don't ask for an exemption.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2014, 02:42:35 PM »

Negro your crazy machida is knock out machine!

look at lyoto.. with his chin up.. flailing his arms.

he fights like a black girl in the ghetto.

if pulling hair were legal, he'd do it.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
Defensive... I love agressive fighters as much as the next guy but to say a counter-style is fighting like a bitch is just ignorant. Combat sports are not the same as street fighting...

I don't mind counter-strikers... but lyoto's 'style' irritates the fucking hell out of me.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2014, 02:47:03 PM »
Brazilian commission banned it as well, so its gone, oh well, all it will mean is guys will go back to retiring younger. Machida Weidman will be a snoorefest.

which is why you'll have guy's fighting at 170-185lbs.. skinnyfat and slow and much less explosive.

they'll fight 1-2x a year and burn out after 2yrs.

the ufc will lose the long-term, big name guys who earn/demand a lot of money... so ufc will be full of the lightweight guys nobody cares about or has heard of who make very little money... just like boxing, when on any Friday or Saturday night, you can turn on the tv and see boxing fights with no-name guys that 90% of us have never heard of and really have no interest in.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2014, 03:07:09 PM »
machida fights alot like pedro rizzo used to fight, counter striker. counter strikers r ok as long as the other guy hes fighting is aggressive n moving forward, when u get 2 counter fighters going at it it can be a snooze fest sometimes
R

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »

which is why you'll have guy's fighting at 170-185lbs.. skinnyfat and slow and much less explosive.

the ufc will lose the long-term, big name guys who earn/demand a lot of money... so ufc will be full of the lightweight guys nobody cares about or has heard of who make very little money... just like boxing, when on any Friday or Saturday night, you can turn on the tv and see boxing fights with no-name guys that 90% of us have never heard of and really have no interest in.

You're high.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2014, 03:16:49 PM »

fighters wont stop using, theyre just going to have to slow down obvious usage.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2014, 03:17:29 PM »
fighters wont stop using, theyre just going to have to slow down obvious usage.

Also wrong.  Or at least half wrong.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2014, 03:18:04 PM »

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
you're an absolute fool.

Explain because you make no sense.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2014, 03:20:28 PM »
Also wrong.  Or at least half wrong.
really? Guys toeing the line that could claim TRT are not going to have to reevaluate their usage and possible career ending pop now?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2014, 03:20:51 PM »
machida fights alot like pedro rizzo used to fight, counter striker. counter strikers r ok as long as the other guy hes fighting is aggressive n moving forward, when u get 2 counter fighters going at it it can be a snooze fest sometimes

what?!?!  brutal insult to Rizzo. if Rizzo fought like Machida, ruas would've shamed him to no end.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2014, 03:21:48 PM »
Explain because you make no sense.

you're not worth the effort. like trying to explain a P:E ratio to a 2nd grader.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2014, 03:22:14 PM »
really? Guys toeing the line that could claim TRT are not going to have to reevaluate their usage and possible career ending pop now?

This affects 5 guys currently.  How does that affect the UFC landscape as a whole?

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »
you're not worth the effort. like trying to explain a P:E ratio to a 2nd grader.

I'll accept the retards white flag then.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2014, 03:42:08 PM »
This affects 5 guys currently.  How does that affect the UFC landscape as a whole?
5 guys legit prescribed TRT... how many that could suddenly produce a script if they mysteriously popped for high test levels?

its not just the ones prescribed, its the ones that could use it as an out if they ever got in an unfortunate situation....

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
5 guys legit prescribed TRT... how many that could suddenly produce a script if they mysteriously popped for high test levels?

Exactly none.

its not just the ones prescribed, its the ones that could use it as an out if they ever got in an unfortunate situation....

That exact scenario led to the exemptions in the first place(facilitated by Dana White and the UFC.  Not MMA, not boxing, not Bob Arum.  Dana White).  Now it won't.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2014, 03:52:11 PM »
Exactly none.

That exact scenario led to the exemptions in the first place(facilitated by Dana White and the UFC.  Not MMA, not boxing, not Bob Arum.  Dana White).  Now it won't.

right. So guys that otherwise would have been less worries,have to reevaluate their choices in the face that they wont have the abikity to magically produce a 'script' anymore. Not just the 5 guys already prescribed. If you sont think a bunch of them were thinking 'no biggie, ill just claim TRT if caught', then youre just being naive and arguing to argue.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2014, 03:54:02 PM »
right. So guys that otherwise would have been less worries,have to reevaluate their choices in the face that they wont have the abikity to magically produce a 'script' anymore. Not just the 5 guys already prescribed. If you sont think a bunch of them were thinking 'no biggie, ill just claim TRT if caught', then youre just being naive and arguing to argue.

99% of the current crop of fighters haven't asked for a exemption and/or won't ask for a exemption.  So the assumption that there is this massive amount of fighters waiting to get a TRT green light just isn't true.  The ones that asked and wanted one have already done so.  There is no curbing steroid use with this new law.  That's the point.

By the way- you couldn't "magically" produce a script if caught and avoid a suspension in the first place.  There was a process pre-fight that had to be adhered to.

Secondly, if a fighter had been busted for PED use prior.  Nevada wouldn't allow you to have a TRT exemption anyway-the only exception to that rule had been Belfort, hence the reason he was the poster boy for all the ills of the TRT exemption fiasco.  Maybe that's what's confusing you but who knows.

As for the other dip shit-he's just out of his league on this subject.  All blabble.

dustin

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2014, 06:12:19 PM »
Personally, as a juicer, I think PEDs should be allowed.

Realistically, Vitor did this to himself. While I think a ban is bullshit, don't compare this to diabetes fellas. Athletes don't eat their way into getting diabetes, but they do juice their way into hypogonadism. Vitor looked like a pro bodybuilder when he made his debut. He dug his bed and he'll sleep in it.

Don't get me wrong, I empathize with him. But under the current rules, a TUE can't be entertained. I think people will still abuse and we just need to permit PEDs... the problem will only become more complex as we keep prohibiting them. The complexities will just shift from one pile to another, they'll never go away. But Dana and everyone else are trying to shift the problem off of their plate for sure. That's all this is. They love guys like Vitor but don't want to pay the piper.