Author Topic: Maine Republican regrets saying men should rape women if abortion is legal  (Read 623 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
more from the party of stupid

Maine Republican regrets saying men should rape women if abortion is legal
By Travis Gettys
Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:23

A Republican state lawmaker from Maine says he regrets making decades worth of offensive comments about gays, rape, and abortion that were compiled recently by a liberal activist.

Blogger Mike Tipping dug up several offensive comments made by state Rep. Lawrence Lockman (R-Amherst) from old news reports he posted on the Bangor Daily News website, which has spurred Democratic calls for the lawmaker’s resignation.

In one of the quotes posted on the blog, Lockman falsely suggested HIV and AIDS could be spread by bed sheets and mosquitos, and he also said the progressive movement helped spread the virus by claiming “the practice of sodomy is a legitimate alternative lifestyle, rather than a perverted and depraved crime against humanity.”

snip

“If a woman has (the right to an abortion), why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman?” Lockman said. “At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t (in most cases) result in anyone’s death.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/27/maine-republican-regrets-saying-men-should-rape-women-if-abortion-is-legal/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Pretty stupid things to say. 

bears

• Getbig IV

By Travis Gettys

A Republican state lawmaker from Maine says he regrets making decades worth of offensive comments about gays, rape, and abortion that were compiled recently by a liberal activist.

Blogger Mike Tipping dug up several offensive comments made by state Rep. Lawrence Lockman (R-Amherst) from old news reports he posted on the Bangor Daily News website, which has spurred Democratic calls for the lawmaker’s resignation.

In one of the quotes posted on the blog, Lockman falsely suggested HIV and AIDS could be spread by bed sheets and mosquitos, and he also said the progressive movement helped spread the virus by claiming “the practice of sodomy is a legitimate alternative lifestyle, rather than a perverted and depraved crime against humanity.”

snip

“If a woman has (the right to an abortion), why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman?” Lockman said. “At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t (in most cases) result in anyone’s death.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/27/maine-republican-regrets-saying-men-should-rape-women-if-abortion-is-legal/

I agree with everything he said.  i'm investing in new bedsheets and 100 cases of OFF bug spray right away.  well, later tonight.  I have to rape a bunch of people first.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I agree with everything he said.  i'm investing in new bedsheets and 100 cases of OFF bug spray right away.  well, later tonight.  I have to rape a bunch of people first.

oooooh boy  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

lol  :D

RRKore

• Getbig IV

Rape a bunch of "people"?

Outed.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Pretty dumb to say, I'm sure he didn't mean it, but it was a very poor choice of words to get his point across. The only thing I might be able to say he's not a complete dumbass in regards to, is the AIDS comment. Depending on when it was made, we might not have known that much about it. I remember in elementary school, they had bleach in small amounts in the hand soap, and a teacher told us it was to kill the HIV virus if it happened to get on your hands.

alabama ftw

and a teacher told us it was to kill the HIV virus if it happened to get on your hands.
Lol what year was that?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Lol what year was that?

Early to mid nineties. It stained my shirt, like bleach, and when I said something to my teacher, that's what she said.

bears

• Getbig IV
Rape a bunch of "people"?

Outed.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

how dare you judge me.   

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
Politicians are for the most part low IQ individuals.  Saying dumb shit seems to be a pathological affliction they all suffer from.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham

By Travis Gettys

snip

Many republicans are stupid.  Many/most of a certain socially conservative segment of the party are (in my opinion) stupid.  
But...it's NOT stupid to think that more government isn't the cure-all for everything

That's what the "I'm smart by proxy" faction of dingleberries on the left don't understand.  Most people are fucking morons.  The hippie idiot faction of the left is just as bad at rational thought and just as efficient at mindless "group think" as the "wuts scientz?" section of the right.

But the morons (you) who market themselves as smart-by-proxy because they're liberal (and any opposing view is stupid--because republican) are no different than the rent-a-suit business degree dipshits who trumpet themselves as republican because they think it makes them look rich.  

There is such a deep lack of critical thinking and individual thought in general that people can't even form an opinion on a topic until they've had a chance to let their favorite (liberal or conservative) media outlet tell them what that opinion is.

There's nothing stupid about believing in individual freedom or individual responsibility.  
That these two concepts are lost in a sea of idiotic/ignorant statements by socially conservatives republicans....or that these idiotic comments lead morons like blacken700 to justify a "government knows best...always" strategy-of-life just plain sucks.
Y

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Politicians are for the most part low IQ individuals.  Saying dumb shit seems to be a pathological affliction they all suffer from.

The type if person you have to be to seek public office...and win pretty much automatically excludes you as someone who would be effective as a public servant
Y