Author Topic: Need Major Help 4 my Wedding  (Read 2319 times)

NEffler

• Getbig I
Need Major Help 4 my Wedding
« on: January 14, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »
Here are my stats:

6'4"
240-245lbs
about 35% body fat

My biggest problem is my diet is crappy because I can never figure out how much to eat or exactly what is good for me to eat.  My goal is to lose as much fat as I possible can because I have a 38 inch waist and I would like to get to a 36inch waist if possible.  My wedding is June 3rd, so I have a decent amount of time to lose the weight.  Any advice in regards to what to eat would be greatly appreciated, and when I am at the gym what do I focus on mostly?  Do I need to do a ton of cardio, light weight high reps, heavy weight low reps, or a combination of all the above?  What I have heard is it is 70% diet 30% exercise, which seems to be true because I do work out roughly 3 or 4 times a week and I never seem to make any meaningful gains.  So diet advice in regards to supplements and what to eat would be great, and just some general advice in regards to what to do at the gym would be great.  I would like to look really good for myself and the future misses for the wedding.  If you want please feel free to email me at NEffler@insightbb.com thanks in advance!

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
Re: Need Major Help 4 my Wedding
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 07:14:20 PM »
Easy.

Watch the fat.

Watch the carbs/sugars.

Watch the sodium.

Do 20 mins on the treadmill at a reasonably quick walking pace 5 days a week after training.

NEffler

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 07:51:51 PM »
Any suggestions on supplements to take?  Or suggestions on calorie intake?  I don't know what is reasonable to take because I know less calories should equal less weight, but I don't want to starve my muscles, but then again they do have plenty of fat to live off of right now...lol.

Easy.

Watch the fat.

Watch the carbs/sugars.

Watch the sodium.

Do 20 mins on the treadmill at a reasonably quick walking pace 5 days a week after training.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 03:20:31 AM »
well you're a tall guy but 35% bf is a lot. you obviously eat too unhealthy and too many calories. what to eat? well basically everything you've avoided so far. everything you dislike. fish, lots more greens and fruit which is not only healthier than pretty much everything else, it's also low on calories. start with cutting down on what's obviously not so healthy in your diet, or take it out completely if possible.
i dont think you need supplements at this time, but i understand it's tempting to buy a lot of 'lose weight'-pills etc but i think you just need to adjust your eating habits and start more regular cardio will do the trick.
threadmill advice is good. or you could do powerwalks (walking at a quick pace) for 1 hour either outside of the gym or at the threadmill.
Z

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 06:24:19 AM »
The key to weight loss is easy. Energy output must be higher than energy input i.e you need to burn more calories than you are taking in. ALl you need to do is hit the treadmill. See if you can get one on the cheap and do two 20 minute sessions a day while watching TV. As for supplements, fish oil is supposed to help you lose weight along with fat burners. I'd just watch what you eat and ONLY drink water. No milk, diet anything, Gatorade etc. Just eat clean and exercise.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 01:04:56 PM »
Don't get married........problem solved, and a lot more of them diverted.....

;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 01:57:07 PM »
Read the pinned threads on the board. Start counting calories.....this site makes it easy www.fitday.com

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 03:50:43 AM »
Easy.

Watch the fat.

Watch the carbs/sugars.

Watch the sodium.

Basically, watch the food.

First of all, there's a question that's pops up, you're gonna marry a girl with these kind of stats, but before getting married, you wanna drop a shitload of weight? I don't want to recommend you that, cause you gonna hurt yourself majorly in different kind of aspects.
You're gonna feel shitty and shaggy most of the days. That disappears after a couple of weeks. Keep that in mind, cause you gonna get triggered very fast.
Beside that, what does your wife look like. Maybe a rude question, but if you gonna drop like 20 maybe even 30 pounds before marriage, does she still wants you? Isn't she the kind of woman that love lovehandles. Or maybe she'll become jealous, cause if you'll succeed, you will get a lot of attention.

About training,
simple workout, make a split, one day upperbody, one day lowerbody abs, train four time a weeks. It's a workout tendend for beginners, but it will do the job.
After training, do a light cardiosession, like cycling or crosstrainer. Just make sure your hartbeat stays low.
On the days off, go jogging or swimming, max twice a week.

About food, you have to become a rabbit,
eat a lot of salads, just make your own with lettuce, cumcumber, cucumber, gherkin, tomato, and other vegetables(even fruits) that you like.
Ad a protein source like tuna or other fish, chicken or other poultry. Watch out with (tropical) fruits. I would stick to apples and pears.
Carbohydrates is a no-go, only exception is in the morning after waking up, and around training. And even in then, in small proportions, and right carbohydrates.

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 03:55:42 AM »
Basically, watch the food.

First of all, there's a question that's pops up, you're gonna marry a girl with these kind of stats, but before getting married, you wanna drop a shitload of weight? I don't want to recommend you that, cause you gonna hurt yourself majorly in different kind of aspects.
You're gonna feel shitty and shaggy most of the days. That disappears after a couple of weeks. Keep that in mind, cause you gonna get triggered very fast.
Beside that, what does your wife look like. Maybe a rude question, but if you gonna drop like 20 maybe even 30 pounds before marriage, does she still wants you? Isn't she the kind of woman that love lovehandles. Or maybe she'll become jealous, cause if you'll succeed, you will get a lot of attention.

About training,
simple workout, make a split, one day upperbody, one day lowerbody abs, train four time a weeks. It's a workout tendend for beginners, but it will do the job.
After training, do a light cardiosession, like cycling or crosstrainer. Just make sure your hartbeat stays low.
On the days off, go jogging or swimming, max twice a week.

About food, you have to become a rabbit,
eat a lot of salads, just make your own with lettuce, cumcumber, cucumber, gherkin, tomato, and other vegetables(even fruits) that you like.
Ad a protein source like tuna or other fish, chicken or other poultry. Watch out with (tropical) fruits. I would stick to apples and pears.
Carbohydrates is a no-go, only exception is in the morning after waking up, and around training. And even in then, in small proportions, and right carbohydrates.

'Tis true.

I've cut the calories drastically in the last few weeks and I'm tired all the time. I feel like shit and my test levels WERE low, so I had a shot.

A lot of it's in ur head. Be prepared and be mentally strong.