Author Topic: Stalingrad  (Read 9718 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Stalingrad
« on: March 02, 2014, 01:16:34 PM »

Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
Re: Stalingrad
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »

138 viewers... 0 comments. hmmmmmm...Muricans didn't like that Red Army did  everything without their help. ;D
Gracie Rules

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:39:36 PM »
Thats not the Beaches of Normandy

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »
By 1942/3 Lend-Lease with the U.S. meant that almost all of Russia's troops were being ferried around in Studebakers and Abrams tanks. Without America's help, the USSR would've collapsed like a a deck of cards sitting on Dennis Wolf's calf muscle in the middle of a windstorm.

The thing is this movie was already done in 2000 with Enemy at the Gates, using well-known actors. Nobody in the trailer has name recognition.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »

History says that: Murica show up at the end of war, after Germany was handicapped by the Russians.
Gracie Rules

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 04:54:02 PM »

The history says that: Murica show up at the end of war, after Germany was handicapped by the Russians.
Right
but those Russians were dragging their equipment on the backs of horses and using rifles and tanks from the 1910s
because all their production was based on impossible quotas which led to predictable industrial fuck-ups all along the supply chain
and the creation of obsolete but quickly-made pistols that overheated, bolt-action rifles from WWI and massive shortages
why do you think the Finns smoked 140,000 Russkies with a tiny army? lol
without their mass human cannon fodder wave offensive attacks and American gear (meaning, all of it)
Stalin would've been polishing Himmler's Cadillac
fact

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »
Almost all of the hardware that the Soviets used at that time was from "Murica"... so yeah... we didn't have anything to do with it at all.

People are so myopic.

So the hardware itself was killing Germans? is that what you are saying?
Gracie Rules

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »

History says that: Murica show up at the end of war, after Germany was handicapped by the Russians.

End of war..LOL.

there is tthis country called Japan

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 04:59:50 PM »
End of war..LOL.

there is tthis country called Japan

My point is: Who did the biggest part defeating the Germans?

I'm not arguing. ;)
Gracie Rules

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 05:01:46 PM »
My point is: Who did the biggest part defeating the Germans?
In human cost: Russia, due to their insane policy of sending waves of infantry directly into German gun turrets
In material cost: The UK and to a much lesser extent the US, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 05:02:43 PM »
In human cost: Russia, due to their insane policy of sending waves of infantry directly into German gun turrets
In material cost: The UK and to a much lesser extent the US, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I'm not going to argue with you. there is this thing called history... you know. ;)
Gracie Rules

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 05:25:14 PM »
  I'm not going to argue with you. there is this thing called history... you know. ;)
History says Russians are only good at 2 things: Drinking vodka in excess
and violent purges

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 06:04:03 PM »
So the hardware itself was killing Germans? is that what you are saying?

What military did YOU serve and fight in? Or are you just some Brazilian pussy that's never fired a round in anger? You pussies are so jealous of "Murica" yet too chicken shit to attack

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »
Fighting in the Pacific was no joke.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
By 1942/3 Lend-Lease with the U.S. meant that almost all of Russia's troops were being ferried around in Studebakers and Abrams tanks.

I think you mean Shermans, the Abrams wasn't brought into service until the early 80's.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 06:10:32 PM »
Fighting in the Pacific was no joke.

This.

People act like the US paraded thru Berlin on the backs of the brits and russkies and called it a day....we went and fought another war. With no help

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 06:21:12 PM »
I think you mean Shermans, the Abrams wasn't brought into service until the early 80's.
Correct, that is what I meant.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »
Russia lost a staggering number of casualties in the war (an entire generation of young men).  For that you have to admire their bravery, their sacrifice, and the ability of their commanders to get peasants armed with turn-of-century weaponry to charge wave after wave into Nazi armies.

To argue that the US played a trivial role in their victories would simply be ignorant however. 

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »
Russia lost a staggering number of casualties in the war (an entire generation of young men).  For that you have to admire their bravery, their sacrifice, and the ability of their commanders to get peasants armed with turn-of-century weaponry to charge wave after wave into Nazi armies.

To argue that the US played a trivial role in their victories would simply be ignorant however.  
Bravery had nothing to do with it. Not with most, anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_No._227

If they turned around, they'd be shot and their families would be sent to concentration camps and shot there.

PS. They lost 13 million military personnel and about 10 million civilians. The bulk of the latter deaths were from starvation, because the Soviet authorities couldn't feed them. The former were mainly from the Soviet military leadership's exceptional bungling in the first year of the war, and their reckless use of manpower to slow the Germans by flooding them with oncoming human waves in the last 3. By comparison, the Germans lost 3.5 million military and about the same civilian. That's with fighting every country in Europe, the US, the USSR, and carpet bombing for 3 years straight.

And all that despite US help. Fuck the Russians. They can't even beat those Chechen rebels after 15 years of fighting in their OWN country. And now they want to occupy Ukraine too, defenseless countries in other words.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »

Brutality would be a better word fr sure.

Cannon Fodder is another one.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »
What is Russian for "cannon fodder"?

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
What is Russian for "cannon fodder"?
pushechnoye myaso

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »

If they turned around, they'd be shot and their families would be sent to concentration camps and shot there.

Their policies there are extreme for sure and not exactly cutting-edge field tactics even by 1940s standards, but I sort of feel like when you're in that moment where the order to attack or hold your ground is given, the decision to flee instead probably comes down to fear of the enemy killing you right then rather than fear of the repurcussions of disobedience.  It's not like the other armies didn't punish desertion, although they probably didn't murder you and your family for it admittedly.

I've never fought in a war or even fired a real weapon though so what do I know really.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »
Their policies there are extreme for sure and not exactly cutting-edge field tactics even by 1940s standards, but I sort of feel like when you're in that moment where the order to attack or hold your ground is given, the decision to flee instead probably comes down to fear of the enemy killing you right then rather than fear of the repurcussions of disobedience.  It's not like the other armies didn't punish desertion, although they probably didn't murder you and your family for it admittedly.

I've never fought in a war or even fired a real weapon though so what do I know really.
All Soviet POWs were locked up in Soviet concentration camps as punishment for surrendering after WWII ended. Pretty harsh indeed!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »
This.

People act like the US paraded thru Berlin on the backs of the brits and russkies and called it a day....we went and fought another war. With no help

No shit. Our forces crushed everything in the South Pacific. Midway, Leyte Gulf, Okinawa, we destroyed that country, while holding our own in Europe. Like some beast of a dude in a bar fight throwin dudes off of him while pounding another one.