Author Topic: What is better? High expectations vs Low  (Read 2979 times)

panos32

• Getbig II
What is better? High expectations vs Low
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:06:48 PM »
So say for example that you have high expectations, for example to hook up with a hot girl etc and it does not go that way and your dreams are crushed.

What would be better? To think positive etc and have these expectations and whatever happens happens?

Or to be a little more pessimistic about things in general, and when something good finally happens, feel even better because you did not expect it?

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: What is better? High expectations vs Low
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 01:07:39 PM »
You can't choose between them. "Settling" is something people who never had high expectations to begin with do.

Because if you want something bad enough, you'll do whatever it takes to get it, or die/go broke/lose your sanity trying. Can't get it out of your head otherwise!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »
Learn to be an Alpha like me and you wan't have to worry about it.  I don't chase hot bitches.  Hot bitches chase me.  Come to my seminar.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 01:16:17 PM »
Set your expectations at your goal. Then, enact a strategy to accomplish that goal.

Goal: land a 6 figure job

Strategy: earn an MBA; get promoted at least once in current role to demonstrate upward mobility; grow list of contacts in key industry I wish to be employed in by 50%; improve list of contacts in specific companies in specific industry I want to work in by 100%; align with key contacts who can offer the employment I need or at least a lateral move with upward mobility as an off-shoot, quit current job, and take the plunge; accomplish this within next 5 years

People who think they're reaching aimlessly for the stars haven't grasped that 99.9% of things they want to do have already been accomplished by a mortal man before them. A mortal man who had a plan, and executed that plan.

So don't think in terms of "high or low". Think in terms of what you want, then set a SMART plan to accomplish that. Chances are you will.

As the old saying goes, "whether you think you, or you can't, you're right".

There's no such thing as impossible. Sounds like dime-store drivel, but too often, we let our insecurities limit us.

Now, I'd be foolish to say that having a plan is all there is to it. Execution of the right strategic plan is incredibly hard; even harder if those goals are lofty. But while you may not accomplish your ultimate goal if you fail to execute your plan, you may just in fact achieve more than if you set your sights low.

THink about it...give it some thought and see if you don't agree. EIther way, best of luck to you.

the trainer

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »
So say for example that you have high expectations, for example to hook up with a hot girl etc and it does not go that way and your dreams are crushed.

What would be better? To think positive etc and have these expectations and whatever happens happens?

Or to be a little more pessimistic about things in general, and when something good finally happens, feel even better because you did not expect it?

Get some steroids and work your ass off in the gym buy some tight jeans and shirts then walk into the club with your head held high and the hot bitches will be yours.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »

I have low expectations  for you as a new poster...actually you're probably a gimmick.
now if you're not and you're funny and have something to add to this site I'll be pleasantly surprised.

...hope this helps

panos32

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 01:44:19 PM »
First of all I am not a gimmick.

And second of all, I am talking about things you cannot control through sheer planning.
Hooking up was just a common example.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 01:45:43 PM »
First of all I am not a gimmick.

And second of all, I am talking about things you cannot control through sheer planning.
Hooking up was just a common example.

il take the long way round

and il find my own way down  8)
T

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
There's too many people in the world fighting for too few resources. Making a billion in 1914 isn't the same as doing it in 2014. Everything's been invented.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 01:48:54 PM »
There's too many people in the world fighting for too few resources. Making a billion in 1914 isn't the same as doing it in 2014. Everything's been invented.

apart from an invention to block certain posters on here

could be your meal ticket bro
T

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 01:50:11 PM »
apart from an invention to block certain posters on here

could be your meal ticket bro
Yeah, but then how would you continue posting here when everyone put you on block?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 01:51:21 PM »
Yeah, but then how would you continue posting here when everyone put you on block?

by not giving a fuck like i do now

you should try it  :-*
T

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 01:51:45 PM »
by not giving a fuck like i do now

you should try it  :-*
You talked to uncle junior on the phone.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
You talked to uncle junior on the phone.

no

i couldnt be arsed

like i said i dont give a fuck

:)
T

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 01:53:46 PM »
Aim high.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »
no

i couldnt be arsed

like i said i dont give a fuck

:)
His posts say otherwise. I think you care a lot about how people perceive you here. That's your Achilles heel. Too involved. Learn to take a step back and see it for what it is. It's just a site, man!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 01:55:08 PM »
His posts say otherwise. I think you care a lot about how people perceive you here. That's your Achilles heel. Too involved. Learn to take a step back and see it for what it is. It's just a site, man!

thanks for the advice brother

il give it all the credence it deserves  :)
T

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »
Also, avatars of selfie ab pictures are really gay. Especially when you only have 2 abs. Just a heads up.  ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »
Learn to take a step back and see it for what it is.

I will add this as agenda item #8 for the Thursday mod meeting.
Y

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 01:58:15 PM »
I will add this as agenda item #8 for the Thursday mod meeting.
While you're at it, suggest a new stable of mods. The current ones suck heavy penis.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »
Also, avatars of selfie ab pictures are really gay. Especially when you only have 2 abs. Just a heads up.  ;)

im guessing its two abs more than you

T

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 01:59:17 PM »
im guessing its two abs more than you

Right, but it's still embarassing and very uncouth. And therefore not helping your reputation or image on this board. Just a tip.  ;)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 02:00:35 PM »
Right, but it's still embarassing and very uncouth. And therefore not helping your reputation or image on this board. Just a tip.  ;)

cheers bro il take your feedback on board

thank you for the tip

T

Voici Le Rédempteur

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Pour effacer la tache originelle.
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »
i have low expectations, and then lower. High not so much

Simple Simon

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
he wants a cock pic bigmc.