Author Topic: Parker--question  (Read 573 times)

Voici Le Rédempteur

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Pour effacer la tache originelle.
Parker--question
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:40:02 PM »
this is based on a jalopnik thing yesterday. Im curious what you think of Honda's utter failure to bring a sportscar into the North American market that can compete with mustang, camaro etc etc. Honda really seems to be failing. i ask cause Ive had 3 CRX's and really liked them and am actually baffled at how bad honda is sucking

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Parker--question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »
this is based on a jalopnik thing yesterday. Im curious what you think of Honda's utter failure to bring a sportscar into the North American market that can compete with mustang, camaro etc etc. Honda really seems to be failing. i ask cause Ive had 3 CRX's and really liked them and am actually baffled at how bad honda is sucking
Many have wondered this...Honda and their lux line Acura have lost their path.
The one shining light is the NSX...
I've stated on Jalopnik before that what Honda could have done was take the HSV-010 GT racer, which was originally  supposed to bea front engined V10 NSX with AWD, and turn that into a Acura TL coupe with a TT V6 and AWD, give it 450 hp.
And make a 3 series fighter by using a stretched/widened and updated version of the S2000 chassis, with a 4 cylinder turbo and V6. Or just develop a S2000 replacement and stretch the chassis for a Acura sedan and coupe.

Honda has the engineering prowess, but it seems that they are losing their path, and it seems that may even go over to their sport bikes as well.
They just discontinued their Insight car for the 2nd time, and they have good shit over in Europe that they don't sell over here. And they had to redesign the Civic when it got bad reviews in 2012.
Their only real saving grace is the Honda Accord (sedan and coupe).

It's sad when that other H brand (Hyundai) has more "exciting" cars than the brand known for VTEC and the whole import genre.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »
They can't do anything right these days.

honestly I just want an accord sport wagon with a v-6 that does 0-60 in 5 seconds and has enough room in the back for a giant dog (or 2). Not some gimped acura 4 banger wagon with ass-ugly crome Transformers looking trim all over it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »
They can't do anything right these days.

honestly I just want an accord sport wagon with a v-6 that does 0-60 in 5 seconds and has enough room in the back for a giant dog (or 2). Not some gimped acura 4 banger wagon with ass-ugly crome Transformers looking trim all over it.

Get a Ford F150 Eco boost quad cab.