Author Topic: Buying a used Aston Martin (BB related)  (Read 11865 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Buying a used Aston Martin (BB related)
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:22 PM »
Would I care? Oh hell no.

If there was ever an ad that would sell a product......that would be the one!!!!

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 11:42:31 PM »
I prefer my renault laguna II , its the v6 that gets me the girls and the stylish copholder.  Ferraris dont have copholders so its a no buy from me

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 11:46:56 PM »
I prefer my renault laguna II , its the v6 that gets me the girls and the stylish copholder.  Ferraris dont have copholders so its a no buy from me

I pictured you as more of a Citroen DS kind of guy...

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 12:07:24 AM »
I pictured you as more of a Citroen DS kind of guy...

dude i wish i had one...always liked them. Esp the sport version of ds  they build with maserati (that citroen owned at the time) citroen sm with the v6.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 12:15:12 AM »
dude i wish i had one...always liked them. Esp the sport version of ds  they build with maserati (that citroen owned at the time) citroen sm with the v6.

There are tons of cool modified ones, I like them too!!

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 12:22:47 AM »
There are tons of cool modified ones, I like them too!!
to bad a drunk  burt reynolds had to dump one in the river after a car chase just because a fucking bitch called the cops on him in the longest yard   >:(

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 12:45:43 AM »
I did all my racing when I was younger on both the street and track (SCCA) so I don't care much about going fast, but the 911 has a 'look/prestige' to it still, plus it handles great and feels solid on the street... plus the maintenance is freakin great. I used to hate porsches as road cars when I was younger (porsches are what I raced), but they've grown on me over the years.

I'd say until my income is near a million a year I'd say the ideal garage is an 09 S550, 09 Escalade, 01/02 911 Turbo... over a mil, the S550 get's swapped for an S65 and the 911 get's swapped for an Aston Vanquish or Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (got kids, so I need a backseat, even if it's small)

I don't like turbo track cars much prefer NA high revving so GT3 for me all day  8)

I tracked BMW's e36 and e90's M3 for fun at Willow springs , not much now since I have a range rover supercharged as a daily

If money was no object on the top of my head I would have

GT3 RS
458 speciale
E46 M3 CSL
C63 AMG black series

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 12:53:30 AM »
The new jag is desigNed by the same guy who did Aston Martin hence the resemblance.  To the guy who Sid there are better cars, bullshit.  It won 47 international awards and every car review says it is out of this world.  Jeremy Clarkson even said it was as good as an Aston, it's a fraction of the price though.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 12:55:11 AM »
The new jag is desigNed by the same guy who did Aston Martin hence the resemblance.  To the guy who Sid there are better cars, bullshit.  It won 47 international awards and every car review says it is out of this world.  Jeremy Clarkson even said it was as good as an Aston, it's a fraction of the price though.

Ian Callum is the designer

Can't stand Jeremy clarkson , much prefer Chris Harris on reviewing cars he is much better

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 12:55:28 AM »
I hate used car, unless I can afford a classic. New leather smell is the only way for me. Would you use a used condom on that girl? that's my motto  8)

Plus I only lease nowadays, thinking of going back on beemers after, a grown up new series 5 or something similar.
S

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 12:57:41 AM »
I don't like turbo track cars much prefer NA high revving so GT3 for me all day  8)

I tracked BMW's e36 and e90's M3 for fun at Willow springs , not much now since I have a range rover supercharged as a daily

GT3 RS
458 speciale
E46 M3 CSL
C63 AMG black series

I'm more of a NA guy as well, but around here the 911 turbo's are cheaper than the 911 Carrera 4s's.... and I need rear seats, so a GT3 isn't an option. lol... plus the gt3 is too harsh and I'm getting too old for driving a gt3. lol so i'll take a C4S all day.

I do love the 458, but if money were no object, give me an F12! haha... and an S65... and a GL63 for the Misses. haha... of course an Escalade as well.. I still need a truck/suv and I haven't found an suv with the size and comfort the escalade has.. not the GL or a Porsche cayenne.. and I have serious doubts about driving a range rover.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 01:01:17 AM »
I hate used car, unless I can afford a classic. New leather smell is the only way for me. Would you use a used condom on that girl? that's my motto  8)

Plus I only lease nowadays, the dividends and surplus on some things I have on the side pays for it.

even a car with 10K miles is wayyyyy below book value.

a car isn't an investment... buying a car, you have to ask yourself "how much money am I willing to lose?"

buy a 2014 S550 and sell it in two years and lose $40k.. but a 2010 S550 and sell it in two years and lose $8k

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 01:05:57 AM »
even a car with 10K miles is wayyyyy below book value.

a car isn't an investment... buying a car, you have to ask yourself "how much money am I willing to lose?"

buy a 2014 S550 and sell it in two years and lose $40k.. but a 2010 S550 and sell it in two years and lose $8k

Good points you raise, and this is the reason I would never pay cash for a car or get finance for it. But for me if my investment dividends do ok and if my tenant doesn't complaint about something breaking I have an unexpected cash surplus as Im invested in for capital growth, so the surplus pays for the car lease costs. This way in mind I still get to drive a decent car but don't feel stupid but taking a massive hit on depreciation.
S

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 01:06:44 AM »
I'm more of a NA guy as well, but around here the 911 turbo's are cheaper than the 911 Carrera 4s's.... and I need rear seats, so a GT3 isn't an option. lol... plus the gt3 is too harsh and I'm getting too old for driving a gt3. lol so i'll take a C4S all day.

I do love the 458, but if money were no object, give me an F12! haha... and an S65... and a GL63 for the Misses. haha... of course an Escalade as well.. I still need a truck/suv and I haven't found an suv with the size and comfort the escalade has.. not the GL or a Porsche cayenne.. and I have serious doubts about driving a range rover.

I agree. The turbo 911's esp 996's are cheap prob cause the 996's were considered "undesirable" and many porsche enthusiasts don't that variant models unlike the 997's. imo I love both the 996 and 997 and the turbo versions are a steal for the 2001-2005 years , pretty reliable and very fast

For SUV besides the rover I like the X5 and GL550 and AMG variant but X5 in size is nothing compared to escalade if that's important.

I want to like the caddy but it has the whole "hip hop" "rappers" appeal that's a turn off to me imo  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 01:07:36 AM »
to bad a drunk  burt reynolds had to dump one in the river after a car chase just because a fucking bitch called the cops on him in the longest yard   >:(

haha, I've seen that  ;D

Clark Griswold wedged one between those pillars in European Vacation running from those angry Germans.  ;D

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 01:40:52 AM »
haha, I've seen that  ;D

Clark Griswold wedged one between those pillars in European Vacation running from those angry Germans.  ;D

lol good old clark..forgot about that scene =D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 02:08:48 AM »
I agree. The turbo 911's esp 996's are cheap prob cause the 996's were considered "undesirable" and many porsche enthusiasts don't that variant models unlike the 997's. imo I love both the 996 and 997 and the turbo versions are a steal for the 2001-2005 years , pretty reliable and very fast

For SUV besides the rover I like the X5 and GL550 and AMG variant but X5 in size is nothing compared to escalade if that's important.

I want to like the caddy but it has the whole "hip hop" "rappers" appeal that's a turn off to me imo  ;D

that was my turnoff as well, but after comparing the caddy's interior to the Tahoe, Yukon and suburban, I couldn't say 'no'... so long as you don't put 24in rims and lower it or something, you tend to forget about the whole "hiphop yo yo yo son" rep it has. plus they're cheaper than a qx56. lol

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2014, 02:33:16 AM »
anyone using jeremy clarksons opinion on anything as a justifier needs to have a word. seriously- gobshite of the lowest order.

as for a jag looking like a British version of an Aston- rem the Aston is British chaps. Cars are one thing we lead the world in. Bentley, Rolls, Aston are all beautiful.

as if the mythical Vauxhall Nova SR. ahem.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2014, 02:42:30 AM »
anyone using jeremy clarksons opinion on anything as a justifier needs to have a word. seriously- gobshite of the lowest order.

as for a jag looking like a British version of an Aston- rem the Aston is British chaps. Cars are one thing we lead the world in. Bentley, Rolls, Aston are all beautiful.

what?

lol.. in terms of oppulance and 'image'? maybe... but not driveablity and technological advances.

S65.. hell, an S600 runs circles around a Bentley continental, as does an CL around a Bentley GT.

a phantom or mulsanne? has nothing to be compared to except each other

reliability of a british car? hahaha.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2014, 04:31:31 AM »

Funny Germans own Bentley, Rolls and Mini ;D

Jag and Land Rover are owned by Indians

Germans made your cars more reliable and better in quality and they actually start lol

I agree with u on clarkson though

Chris Harris as I stated is the shit!!

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 04:45:46 AM »
forget who owns them

where are rolls made?

any fucker can have a poxy merc. but they are council house compared to a roller. 

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »

The citroen SM with the Maserati engine was just amazing when it came around 1970.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
forget who owns them

where are rolls made?

any fucker can have a poxy merc. but they are council house compared to a roller.  

Lets see....

A rolls runs on a 7 series chassis which is built by BMW = GERMAN

A rolls engine is built and engineered with a BMW V12 = GERMAN

GERMAN > British  ;D

This is coming from me that owns a ranger rover sport btw

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »
Would I care? Oh hell no.

I just saw this a few days ago...genius!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »

GT3 RS
458 speciale
E46 M3 CSL
C63 AMG black series

I've politely asked you to stop reading my mind.