Author Topic: Rudy on Putin: "THAT'S what you call a leader..."  (Read 7459 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Rudy on Putin: "THAT'S what you call a leader..."
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 03:02:33 AM »
Did you expect coach to know that? ;D

Nah, ...he was expecting Coach to bluff like Palin , ...and then try to wing something off the cuff about Atlanta peaches so he could laugh his ass off.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 03:05:31 AM »
palin didn't have a problem with putin in Georgia just as long as he stayed out of Alabama  ;D

;D  I can't wait for the first politician who says this. I just know it's coming!
...and something tells me it's going to be a Republican who says it too.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 03:10:11 AM »
Nope its only if you head is buried in conservative propaganda you think that.

Free marriage, right to choose, drugs etc..

Its republicans WHO wants to interfere in peoples lives.

The only time repub wants government out of peoples lives is when they need an argument to help coorporations fill shit in your food and polute your Water and food.

I've never heard Rush Limbaugh's buttocks referred to as conservative propaganda before.
How thoroughly diplomatic of you  ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2014, 03:27:18 AM »
Knock Knock!
w

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2014, 09:32:09 AM »
LOL.

Isn't that German Chancellor Angela Merkel who spoke to Putin and afterward told Obama that she "wasn't sure if he was in touch with reality."?

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116852/merkel-was-right-putins-lost-his-mind-press-conference

Putin's Press Conference Proved Merkel Right: He's Lost His Mind

In Sunday's New York Times, Peter Baker reported that German Chancellor Angela Merkel had tried talking some sense into Vladimir Putin. The Russian leader has an affinity for the Germans and Merkel especially: He served in the KGB in East Germany, where Merkel grew up. And yet, nothing:

Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany told Mr. Obama by telephone on Sunday that after speaking with Mr. Putin she was not sure he was in touch with reality, people briefed on the call said. “In another world,” she said.

If you weren't sure of the veracity of that little reportorial nugget, all doubt should've vanished after Putin's press conference today.

Slouching in a fancy chair in front of a dozen reporters, Putin squirmed and rambled. And rambled and rambled. He was a rainbow of emotion: Serious! angry! bemused! flustered! confused! So confused. Victor Yanukovich is still the acting president of Ukraine, but he can't talk to Ukraine because Ukraine has no president. Ukraine needs elections, but you can't have elections because there is already a president. And no elections will be valid given that there is terrorism in the streets of Ukraine. And how are you going to let just anyone run for president? What if some nationalist punk just pops out like a jack-in-the-box? An anti-Semite? Look at how peaceful the Crimea is, probably thanks to those guys with guns holding it down. Who are they, by the way? Speaking of instability, did you know that the mayor of Dniepropetrovsk is a thief? He cheated "our oligarch, [Chelsea owner Roman] Abramovich" of millions. Just pocketed them! Yanukovich has no political future, I've told him that. He didn't fulfill his obligations as leader of the country. I've told him that. Mr. Putin, what mistakes did Yanukovich make as president? You know, I can't answer that. Not because I don't know the answer, but because it just wouldn't be right of me to say. Did you know they burned someone alive in Kiev? Just like that? Is that what you call a manifestation of democracy? Mr. Putin, what about the snipers in Kiev who were firing on civilians? Who gave them orders to shoot? Those were provocateurs. Didn't you read the reports? They were open source reports. So I don't know what happened there. It's unclear. But did you see the bullets piercing the shields of the Berkut [special police]. That was obvious. As for who gave the order to shoot, I don't know. Yanukovich didn't give that order. He told me. I only know what Yanukovich told me. And I told him, don't do it. You'll bring chaos to your city. And he did it, and they toppled him. Look at that bacchanalia. The American political technologists they did their work well. And this isn't the first time they've done this in Ukraine, no. Sometimes, I get the feeling that these people...these people in America. They are sitting there, in their laboratory, and doing experiments, like on rats. You're not listening to me. I've already said, that yesterday, I met with three colleagues. Colleagues, you're not listening. It's not that Yanukovich said he's not going to sign the agreement with Europe. What he said was that, based on the content of the agreement, having examined it, he did not like it. We have problems. We have a lot of problems in Russia. But they're not as bad as in Ukraine. The Secretary of State. Well. The Secretary of State is not the ultimate authority, is he?

And so on, for about an hour. And much of that, by the way, is direct quotes.

Gone was the old Putin, the one who loves these kinds of press events. He'd come a long way from the painfully awkward gray FSB officer on Larry King, a year into his tenure. He had grown to become the master of public speaking, who had turned his churlish, prison-inflected slang to his benefit. A salty guy in utter command of a crowd. That Putin was not the Putin we saw today. Today's Putin was nervous, angry, cornered, and paranoid, periodically illuminated by flashes of his own righteousness. Here was an authoritarian dancing uncomfortably in his new dictator shoes, squirming in his throne.

For the last few years, it has become something like conventional knowledge in Moscow journalistic circles that Putin was no longer getting good information, that he was surrounded by yes-men who created for him a parallel informational universe. "They're beginning to believe their own propaganda," Gleb Pavlovsky told me when I was in Moscow in December. Pavlovsky had been a close advisor to the early Putin, helping him win his first presidential election in 2000. (When, in 2011, Putin decided to return for a third term as president, Pavlovsky declared the old Putin dead.) And still, it wasn't fully vetted information. We were like astronomers, studying refractions of light that reached us from great distances, and used them to draw our conclusions.

Today's performance, though, put all that speculation to rest. Merkel was absolutely right: Putin has lost it. Unfortunately, it makes him that much harder to deal with.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2014, 09:50:16 AM »
Isn't that German Chancellor Angela Merkel who spoke to Putin and afterward told Obama that she "wasn't sure if he was in touch with reality."?

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116852/merkel-was-right-putins-lost-his-mind-press-conference

Putin's Press Conference Proved Merkel Right: He's Lost His Mind

In Sunday's New York Times, Peter Baker reported that German Chancellor Angela Merkel had tried talking some sense into Vladimir Putin. The Russian leader has an affinity for the Germans and Merkel especially: He served in the KGB in East Germany, where Merkel grew up. And yet, nothing:

Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany told Mr. Obama by telephone on Sunday that after speaking with Mr. Putin she was not sure he was in touch with reality, people briefed on the call said. “In another world,” she said.

If you weren't sure of the veracity of that little reportorial nugget, all doubt should've vanished after Putin's press conference today.

Slouching in a fancy chair in front of a dozen reporters, Putin squirmed and rambled. And rambled and rambled. He was a rainbow of emotion: Serious! angry! bemused! flustered! confused! So confused.

facts are good, but that meme, however factually inaccurate, was funny. 

I think we should all let our sense of humor guide our political awareness.   Facts, blah.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »

facts are good, but that meme, however factually inaccurate, was funny. 

I think we should all let our sense of humor guide our political awareness.   Facts, blah.

I 100% agree!!  And I'm not being sarcastic as maybe you are. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2014, 10:07:06 AM »
The suggestion that Putin has lost his mind now helps me to understand why Repubs are falling over over themselves to show their admiration for this guy.    If we know anything about our modern Republicans it's that they love The Crazy

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2014, 10:17:59 AM »

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
The suggestion that Putin has lost his mind now helps me to understand why Repubs are falling over over themselves to show their admiration for this guy.    If we know anything about our modern Republicans it's that they love The Crazy

Legit LOL.  I'm not really gonna agree with that but holy shit it's an easy argument to make.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »
IT IS OKAY to support NEITHER Obama nor Putin.

People, you don't HAVE to stand with EITHER man.  Just say you find them both to be bad, and move on.

You don't have to support Putin, just because you hate obama.  it's like this every time... people have to support extremist idiots because they attack obama... people cheering for that terrorist kadaffi because he shit on obama.... dudes, it is totally cool to say BOTH parties involved here are flawed and evil.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »
Legit LOL.  I'm not really gonna agree with that but holy shit it's an easy argument to make.

I'm not saying it's the only reason or even the primary reason but Repubs in this country clearly admire and promote the bat shit crazies in their own party

I believe the primary reason why Repubs are lining up to blow Putin is that they hate Obama more than they love this country

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2014, 02:03:01 AM »
I'm not saying it's the only reason or even the primary reason but Repubs in this country clearly admire and promote the bat shit crazies in their own party

I believe the primary reason why Repubs are lining up to blow Putin is that they hate Obama more than they love this country

They are cheering a foreign dictator on...

So odd to see this type of dissonance. Really creepy. Shows you how people need to be lead, he's strong so he's good. However, he is strong in all the wrong ways, abusive, arrogant and impulsive.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2014, 05:18:04 AM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2014, 06:05:16 AM »

The americans for limited government are implying by that picture that the US should do somethign about a foreign country across the world, so retarded.

Limited government my ass

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2014, 06:13:40 AM »

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2014, 06:22:43 AM »
The right says positive things about Putin only because they feel Putin has made Obama look weak.  I doubt the republicans truely support Putin.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2014, 06:28:47 AM »

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2014, 07:41:11 AM »
Simple things amuse simple minds  ;D

So you found it amusing.  I'm glad. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2014, 08:18:52 AM »
So you found it amusing.  I'm glad. 

RAPE

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2014, 06:05:07 PM »
The right says positive things about Putin only because they feel Putin has made Obama look weak.  I doubt the republicans truely support Putin.

I dunno... for a person with as much political capital as Rudy to say "THAT is what you call a leader..."

I mean, sadaam hussein made decisions even faster than Putin... while it took Putin about 15 minutes to push thru his agenda, Sadaam would have done it immediately.

Repubs are actually praising Putin for not following all the checks we have in the USA to keep one angry leader from entering a war.  "Obama is such a wimp because he has to consult with congress, lol, why can't be be more like Putin and just decide for them?"

Seriously, obama could create world peace and they'd shit on him for the drop in defense spending. 

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »
We here in America love to play politics.

If Obama found a cure for cancer the Right would say its bad for the economy and he is putting oncologists out of work.

I'm sure about it.

And bad for business, think of the poor pharmaceutical companies....

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2014, 07:34:24 PM »
If it weren't for Putin, Syria would have already erupted into a much wider conflict.  Perhaps even WWIII.  He is indeed a leader. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2014, 07:17:13 AM »
And bad for business, think of the poor pharmaceutical companies....

oh shit i forgot about Poor Merck.