Author Topic: Stewart: Why the Hell Is Fox News So Obsessed with Poor People Eating fish  (Read 4820 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Divide and conquer?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Poor people eating fish is destroying the US.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
I think the issue with it is, which is the actual issue I have with it, is that if you are on a budget (which if you are on food stamps you should be), that you should not be frivolously spending money on more expensive groceries.  When I was in college, I ate healthy, but frugally.  If you have $50 a week to spend on groceries, why shoot your wad on shrimp and steak the first day, and be eating Ramen the next six?  But, it is most likely poor financial decisions made by the perpetrator in the first place that led to being on food stamps.  :-\

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
I think the issue with it is, which is the actual issue I have with it, is that if you are on a budget (which if you are on food stamps you should be), that you should not be frivolously spending money on more expensive groceries.  When I was in college, I ate healthy, but frugally.  If you have $50 a week to spend on groceries, why shoot your wad on shrimp and steak the first day, and be eating Ramen the next six?  But, it is most likely poor financial decisions made by the perpetrator in the first place that led to being on food stamps.  :-\

I can assure you that the vast majority of people on food stamps are not buying steak and shrimp. ::)
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV

I can assure you that the vast majority of people on food stamps are not buying steak and shrimp. ::)

Tell 'em, Vince!

So clean out ya ears and open up your eyes
I reach out to touch but somebody moved the sky
My stomach is growlin,word is born
Cos all I had for dinner was a can-o-corn

A can-o-corn,a can-o-corn
All I had for dinner was a can-o-corn
Before I went to school I had a can-o-corn
I tried to get full off a can-o-corn
That's all the fuck that we had in the kitchen

- Artis Leon Ivey Jr. "Coolio"

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Stewart: Why the Hell Is Fox News So Obsessed with Poor People Eating fish

When you're forced to financially support others, you would rather they didn't waste your money on luxuries.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

When you're forced to financially support others, you would rather they didn't waste your money on luxuries.

How much luxuries can you buy on welfare ???

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

food is the new  luxury       ooooooobaaaaaaaamaaaaaaa

Irongrip400

• Getbig V

We're not talking about the vast majority here, just those eating fish.  It's more about welfare abuse than the welfare itself.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
We're not talking about the vast majority here, just those eating fish.  It's more about welfare abuse than the welfare itself.

Don't get welfare confused with food stamps.....and quite frankly it is retarded to argue about people eating fish
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

You can afford much more than the bare minimum apparently.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Don't get welfare confused with food stamps.....and quite frankly it is retarded to argue about people eating fish

Vince, I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.  It is my view that if you are tight on money, you should buy the cheaper foods, until you can get back on your feet.  One can not accrue wealth, or even savings while in debt.  Austerity is what is needed.  You, obviously see things in a different light.  To each his own.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You can afford much more than the bare minimum apparently.

You are on welfare?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Vince, I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.  It is my view that if you are tight on money, you should buy the cheaper foods, until you can get back on your feet.  One can not accrue wealth, or even savings while in debt.  Austerity is what is needed.  You, obviously see things in a different light.  To each his own.

::)
Fish is not a luxury food.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Fish is a luxury to you?

What line of business are you in?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I feel sorry for the republican getbiggers.

It must be a pain to be so useless that you feel envy for poor people who eat fish.

And then you bitch about and it and call yourself christian.

Fucking losers.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III

It must be a pain to be so useless that you feel envy for poor people who eat fish.

Fucking losers.

No one feels envy.  Asking people on assistance to better budget their handouts isn't a bad thing.   The president agrees when it comes to healthcare.   

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Fish is a luxury to you?

What line of business are you in?

Did I say it was a luxury? Read my original post on the subject. People on a budget need to be a bit more frugal.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
so their diet should consist of kraft mac and cheese.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
so their diet should consist of kraft mac and cheese.

If that's what they can afford.  No one is entitled to luxuries.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Yes - if you are on EBT or assistance - you need basics like potatos, rice, beans, etc - not steaks, lobsters, caviar, champagne, and shrimps. 

bears

• Getbig IV

Fucking losers.

this is such an ignorant statement.  

and once again, the liberal on the board brings up christianity.  

we are trillions of dollars in debt.  Are we allowed to have budget concerns?  are we allowed to start with the most abused welfare program in the world?

or should we just shut up and raise taxes again?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
this is such an ignorant statement.  

and once again, the liberal on the board brings up christianity.  

we are trillions of dollars in debt.  Are we allowed to have budget concerns?  are we allowed to start with the most abused welfare program in the world?

or should we just shut up and raise taxes again?

The president just told an audience of people that if they are having a hard time paying for insurance they should better budget.   

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior

The problem with welfare systems - food stamps or cash - is they get abused. People that don't need them apply for them, often fraudulently.

And of course, in a PC state, going after them is racist/homophobic/whatever - so the state, which spends a pittance on prosecuting benefits cheats miss out whole sections of the population because of political correctness.

I'm all for helping people that have fallen on bad times - but there have to be limits and severe punishment for cheats.