Author Topic: Stewart: Why the Hell Is Fox News So Obsessed with Poor People Eating fish  (Read 4835 times)

bears

• Getbig IV
The problem with welfare systems - food stamps or cash - is they get abused. People that don't need them apply for them, often fraudulently.

And of course, in a PC state, going after them is racist/homophobic/whatever - so the state, which spends a pittance on prosecuting benefits cheats miss out whole sections of the population because of political correctness.

I'm all for helping people that have fallen on bad times - but there have to be limits and severe punishment for cheats.

i'm a CPA and tax preparer.  and no one knows how right you are more than I do.  sometimes I wonder what the hell i'm doing actually by following the rules and paying my taxes. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If that's what they can afford.  No one is entitled to luxuries.

ok so now we know fish is a luxury

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this is such an ignorant statement.  

and once again, the liberal on the board brings up christianity.  

we are trillions of dollars in debt.  Are we allowed to have budget concerns?  are we allowed to start with the most abused welfare program in the world?

or should we just shut up and raise taxes again?

No you should just shoot the poor get rid of all welfare and lower taxes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Yes it is - ever buy fish lately idiot?  Its expensive.   I know when you are a welfare scammer price is no object since taxpayers are paying for it - but when you pay for it yourself like some of us do - its not cheap.

Welfare cases should get basic provisions like rice beans grain etc in 50lb sacks once every 2 months or so and that's it

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III

Not all fish is a luxury but if the fish is expensive and prevents a person from buying more food it becomes one.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Yes it is - ever buy fish lately idiot?  Its expensive.   I know when you are a welfare scammer price is no object since taxpayers are paying for it - but when you pay for it yourself like some of us do - its not cheap.

Welfare cases should get basic provisions like rice beans grain etc in 50lb sacks once every 2 months or so and that's it

come on man how can you name call when you live in a dirty apartment in the slums  :o

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
come on man how can you name call when you live in a dirty apartment in the slums  :o

I moved a year ago fool.  I don't live in the Bronx any more

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I moved a year ago fool.  I don't live in the Bronx any more

sorry didn't know you got evicted

bears

• Getbig IV
No you should just shoot the poor get rid of all welfare and lower taxes.

this is exactly what we're talking about with your simpleton mind so easily manipulated by sensationalized media. 

you can think of only two options.  give them whatever they want and ask ZERO questions.......or SHOOT them. 

minds like yours are exactly what these campaign managers are after.  they're training you like a pup.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this is exactly what we're talking about with your simpleton mind so easily manipulated by sensationalized media. 

you can think of only two options.  give them whatever they want and ask ZERO questions.......or SHOOT them. 

minds like yours are exactly what these campaign managers are after.  they're training you like a pup.

Yes welfare is giving them whatever they want ::)

Why dont you just go on welfare Bear? Its a free ride apparently.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III

Helping people down on their luck is a good thing but there must be accountability.  If a person keeps living life irresponsibly and pumping out kids they can't afford the cycle isn't going to be broken.  There is no reason a person should be on welfare for years and years.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

so are you against them eating fish,that's what this post is about

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
so their diet should consist of kraft mac and cheese.

i grew up on mach n chz, peas, and tuna patties.  cheap meals right there.

1 can tuna + 1 egg = fries up to be 3 nice tuna patties.

bears

• Getbig IV

if you can't understand how badly our welfare system is abused there is no need to discuss this any further.  I personally see this shit on a daily basis at my job. 

"I can't issue 1099's to those guys for the $25,000 I paid them during the year.  They will lose their unemployment" 

"I need to overstate my expenses for my financial aid application so I can live in section 8 housing in a beautiful apartment for $300 a month" 

You don't even fucking live here.  And you pretend to know this shit because why?  because you read it on the internet?  Good lord.

But again, my opinions are based upon real things happening in real life.  your opinions are based upon what you read on the internet.  there's no hope in having a rational discussion with you.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
this is such an ignorant statement.  

and once again, the liberal on the board brings up christianity.  

we are trillions of dollars in debt.  Are we allowed to have budget concerns?  are we allowed to start with the most abused welfare program in the world?

or should we just shut up and raise taxes again?

The amount of money for government assistance pales in comparison to the generous tax breaks given to corporations that don't even need them to begin with.
A

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III

The amount of money for government assistance pales in comparison to the generous tax breaks given to corporations that don't even need them to begin with.

That irrelevant to the conversation.  The number of people on welfare is ridiculous. 

bears

• Getbig IV

which tax break do you have a problem with?  you have no idea.  you just read that in articles and accept it as truth. 

there ARE problems with our tax code. 

but as a CPA, don't think i'm going to sit here and allow you to say "tax loopholes" and not be specific with a "tax loophole" that you have a problem with. 

a lot of the "tax loophole" articles written by liberal columnists with an agenda are complete and utter bullshit. 

what you choose to call a tax loophole may very well be an absolutely fair part of the tax code. 

so again, which specific "tax loophole" are you against?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
which tax break do you have a problem with?  you have no idea.  you just read that in articles and accept it as truth. 

there ARE problems with our tax code. 

but as a CPA, don't think i'm going to sit here and allow you to say "tax loopholes" and not be specific with a "tax loophole" that you have a problem with. 

a lot of the "tax loophole" articles written by liberal columnists with an agenda are complete and utter bullshit. 

what you choose to call a tax loophole may very well be an absolutely fair part of the tax code. 

so again, which specific "tax loophole" are you against?

Vince getting mauled by a bear.  Probably not the first time.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Vince getting mauled by a bear.  Probably not the first time.

That was funny.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
sometimes I wonder what the hell i'm doing actually by following the rules and paying my taxes. 

We're chumps...

bears

• Getbig IV
We're chumps...

sometimes I think we are.  but once you start doing real aggressive shit on your returns and you do it for a few years in a row, when you have that IRS auditor in front of you, you forget real quickly how nice it was to have that extra money. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
::)
Fish is not a luxury food.

Depends on the fish.   :)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Helping people down on their luck is a good thing but there must be accountability.  If a person keeps living life irresponsibly and pumping out kids they can't afford the cycle isn't going to be broken.  There is no reason a person should be on welfare for years and years.

Of course i dont disagree one bit.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
if you can't understand how badly our welfare system is abused there is no need to discuss this any further.  I personally see this shit on a daily basis at my job. 

"I can't issue 1099's to those guys for the $25,000 I paid them during the year.  They will lose their unemployment" 

"I need to overstate my expenses for my financial aid application so I can live in section 8 housing in a beautiful apartment for $300 a month" 

You don't even fucking live here.  And you pretend to know this shit because why?  because you read it on the internet?  Good lord.

But again, my opinions are based upon real things happening in real life.  your opinions are based upon what you read on the internet.  there's no hope in having a rational discussion with you.

So why are you not on welfare Bear?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica

So why are you not on welfare Bear?

Pride maybe? ???