Author Topic: Texas Voters Take A Stand: 9 out of 10 Want Obamacare Repealed and...  (Read 557 times)

James

Texas Voters Take A Stand: 9 out of 10 Want Obamacare Repealed and Welfare Recipients Drug Tested

Texas-Takes-Stand

Just because one part of the country has seemingly lost its mind and is willing to give up their freedom for the promise of more security doesn’t mean everyone is on board.

In Texas, where voters took to the polls Tuesday night, a completely different set of ideas is at play. And if nationwide sentiment is any indication, other conservative and libertarian leaning states will soon follow.

Though only about half of the votes have been tallied so far, the people of Texas have spoken. It’s a roar, in fact. Voters are standing in unison and have overwhelmingly approved a variety of propositions that may well send shivers down the spines of supporters of things like universal health care, rampant welfare dependency, special privileges and gun rights.

The following results speak for themselves.

First on the chopping block is the Patient Affordable Care Act, more commonly known as Obamacare. Apparently, 93% of Texans don’t take well to having the federal government mandate what they should or shouldn’t buy with the penalty for non-compliance being IRS harassment and prison time.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/texas-takes-a-stand-95-of-voters-want-obamacare-repealed-and-welfare-recipients-drug-tested_03052014

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Texas Voters Take A Stand: 9 out of 10 Want Obamacare Repealed and...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:45:15 AM »
Its one thing if some hardcore libs wanna defend Obamacare...but i dont see how anyone could possibly be opposed to the drug testing for welfare recipients thing.
How could anyone honestly say that would be 'bad'??

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:48:13 AM »
Texas will be blue more red within the next 10 years.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:45 AM »
I hope Poly is correct. Interesting to note..Texas doesn't call their National Guard, Air Guard by those names. They're all called Texas Military Forces....kinda interesting.
L

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 08:26:02 AM »
I hope Poly is correct. Interesting to note..Texas doesn't call their National Guard, Air Guard by those names. They're all called Texas Military Forces....kinda interesting.

I think "The Bush Effect" in 2008 was a bit of a farce. People were just TIRED of his administration and that's how the Democrats were able to get that huge majority in the Senate and The House. Alot of people that I know who typically voted right were open to voting left and did so and now openly say they regret it. People just really thought they wanted "Change" or at least something different than Bush.

But I think Charles Krauthammer is spot on when he says Obama's presidency is gonna have a disastrous effect on Liberals and Democrats, perhaps for a generation...especially in right leaning states. Obama and Liberals are DESPISED in Texas. I know we talked about the Valley and how they are a stronghold for Democrats but that's a bit of an aberration. 9 out of 10 on those measures is very telling.

That's not to say that a big name, rock star candidate like Hilary won't pick up a decent amount of votes in Texas cause she likely will but ALL the key positions like governor on down to state senate should be pretty solid in the bag for conservative for quite sometime. There were key positions like Judges and District Attorney in DFW where Democrats did even put up a candidate because it was futile.

You'll always have the blacks in their areas put a few other blacks in power and likewise the Hispanics will do so in their areas but Conservatives and the conservative movement showed itself here with this primary.

Here's some telling stats

Democrat turnout was down from 680k in 2010 to 546k this year.

You have a Democrat candidate for U.S. Senate, Kesha Rogers, who was calling for the impeachment of Obama, and supports an Anti-Asteroid Missle Defense System. She has forced a May 27th run off! To me that was the funniest part of the night.  :D And now Obama has to come down and campaign for her opponent. :)

Greg Abbott actually leads Davis in a recent poll among Hispanics by 40 to 36.

Greg Abbott got 1.2 million votes versus a paltry 432k for Davis.

Between Kesha Rogers and Wendy Davis, Democrats will likely be the laughingstock around here for the next few months.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »
Davis had her 15 minutes and now backs open carry. Texas politics is fascinating. We have two latino's in my office...both repubs. One hardcore...one more Rand Paul leaning.
L

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »
Davis had her 15 minutes and now backs open carry. Texas politics is fascinating. We have two latino's in my office...both repubs. One hardcore...one more Rand Paul leaning.

And that's not even figuring Kinky Friedman into the discussion. 8)

Too little too late and too much baggage for Davis.

What can she possibly campaign on??

Abbott is just gonna run a cool and steady campaign and coast to a very easy victory.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 08:46:09 AM »
That was all national media who disdain to step foot out of Austin. Its like dismissing New York state as mega liberal....yeah the population centers are pretty blue but upstate New York is like Alabama.
L

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 08:50:34 AM »
That was all national media who disdain to step foot out of Austin. Its like dismissing New York state as mega liberal....yeah the population centers are pretty blue but upstate New York is like Alabama.

Exactly.

Just go to East Texas sometime. It's like a whole different world out there. DEEP RED.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »
New York is more dem then repub,unless land can be considered repub