Author Topic: A friend of mine (a powerlifter) offed himself today...  (Read 3982 times)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
A friend of mine (a powerlifter) offed himself today...
« on: March 05, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »
Did only know him for 2 months, but he was a good guy, He had some disease and i think he could not take it anymore. Lost all his strength and size in a very short time. He was not into anabolics or drugs ether... but got a few units of growth from his doctor. He had something called fibromyalgia, which is debated to be a mental disorder. He really had uncrollable rage and would go from being happy-screaming-crying all within a matter of minut. Just rearned about this and do not know exact details.  He was 23. it's a real shame...
MIRAGETROPIN

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: A friend of mine (a powerlifter) offed himself today...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »
Did only know him for 2 months, but he was a good guy, He had some disease and i think he could not take it anymore. Lost all his strength and size in a very short time. He was not into anabolics or drugs ether... but got a few units of growth from his doctor. He had something called fibromyalgia, which is debated to be a mental disorder. He really had uncrollable rage and would go from being happy-screaming-crying all within a matter of minut. Just rearned about this and do not know exact details.  He was 23. it's a real shame...

Man that sucks, I'm sorry.  

Last week a Co worker killed his wife and then himself. I felt weird about it all week.  I never would have guessed that he would have done a thing like that.  He's a piece of garbage for doing it but I didn't like people saying it. You think you know someone.

Sorry about your friend.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »
R.I.P

sorry for your loss brother.

Ivan Drago

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:53:42 PM »
Fuck this suicide shit. Don't bin the life God gave you.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »
So sorry to hear that.

Fibromyalgia is becoming more common, but unfortunately there isn't any one test that can diagnose it. In fact nobody really knows what it is.

I thought fibroymyalgia was similar to chronic pain disease.

Such as shame.  :(

dustin

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »
Chronic pain is no joke. I knew someone with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and another with fibromyalgia who both took their lives. If you've ever listened to someone like that describe the hell they live in, it's terribly depressing.

I have chronic migraines but I'm able to abort them with triptans and keep the edge off by constantly eating marijuana extracts. Met lots of people with chronic pain who turn to medical marijuana, but even with all the hardcore pharmaceuticals and up to 25g of marijuana per day it just takes the edge off, it doesn't fully alleviate the pain. It just dulls it marginally. That's not a way to live and I feel terrible to know people live like that every day. :-\ 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 09:47:38 PM »
Sounds like he was also bipolar and left untreated it can lead to suicide.

Sad.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 09:52:38 PM »
PIP.   Condolences
a

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »
rip brother
l

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 12:27:42 AM »
can't save people from themselves.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 12:31:28 AM »
I read the title "offered himself"....oooops

R.I.P sad when someone does so young with soo much living ahead of them.
S

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 12:31:35 AM »
Did only know him for 2 months, but he was a good guy, He had some disease and i think he could not take it anymore. Lost all his strength and size in a very short time. He was not into anabolics or drugs ether... but got a few units of growth from his doctor. He had something called fibromyalgia, which is debated to be a mental disorder. He really had uncrollable rage and would go from being happy-screaming-crying all within a matter of minut. Just rearned about this and do not know exact details.  He was 23. it's a real shame...
Sorry to hear, such a shame.  A good ex-lifting buddy of mine hung himself about four years back, it always upsets me to think about it.  He was a good man, 41 years old and two kids.  Suicide sucks.
V

Ivan Drago

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 12:33:16 AM »
can't save people from themselves.

That's why hell awaits you with open arms.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 12:34:46 AM »
Chronic pain is no joke. I knew someone with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and another with fibromyalgia who both took their lives. If you've ever listened to someone like that describe the hell they live in, it's terribly depressing.

I have chronic migraines but I'm able to abort them with triptans and keep the edge off by constantly eating marijuana extracts. Met lots of people with chronic pain who turn to medical marijuana, but even with all the hardcore pharmaceuticals and up to 25g of marijuana per day it just takes the edge off, it doesn't fully alleviate the pain. It just dulls it marginally. That's not a way to live and I feel terrible to know people live like that every day. :-\ 
Modern pain management sucks, doctors always concerned about patients become addicted and always mismanage pain.  Marijuana is great for pain relief, and just one more reason it should be legal.  Recently here in Australia, they lobbied for medical marijuana for terminally ill patients, the old geezers knocked it on the head and refused proposed legislation for it.  SIck bastards, can't even overcome their twisted biases to help alleviate the intractable pain of some terminally ill people.
V

Ivan Drago

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 12:52:45 AM »
Modern pain management sucks, doctors always concerned about patients become addicted and always mismanage pain.  Marijuana is great for pain relief, and just one more reason it should be legal.  Recently here in Australia, they lobbied for medical marijuana for terminally ill patients, the old geezers knocked it on the head and refused proposed legislation for it.  SIck bastards, can't even overcome their twisted biases to help alleviate the intractable pain of some terminally ill people.

So that's your halfarsed excuse for legalizing assisted suicide/murder. ROFL!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 01:28:11 AM »
So that's your halfarsed excuse for legalizing assisted suicide/murder. ROFL!
Where did you even get that from?   I stated that I believe terminally ill people, those slated to die soon who suffer intractable pain should have access to pain medication (marijuana) that is effective.

And your the only excuse I need to advocate for euthanasia. Euthanising people like you would put us all out of our misery.  ;D
V

Ivan Drago

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 01:31:28 AM »
Where did you even get that from?   I stated that I believe terminally ill people, those slated to die soon who suffer intractable pain should have access to pain medication (marijuana) that is effective.

And your the only excuse I need to advocate for euthanasia. Euthanising people like you would put us all out of our misery.  ;D

That's what I said, that's your excuse for putting them to death. Let's kill them to save them!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 02:28:19 AM »
That's what I said, that's your excuse for putting them to death. Let's kill them to save them!
You do understand what terminal means don't you?  And you do understand that cannabis doesn't kill people right?  Please tell me you're not that fucking stupid.
V

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 03:23:44 AM »
So sorry to hear that.

Fibromyalgia is becoming more common, but unfortunately there isn't any one test that can diagnose it. In fact nobody really knows what it is.

I thought fibroymyalgia was similar to chronic pain disease.

Such as shame.  :(

Fibromyalgia was a common diagnosis in the 90s. Less common here in Norway now.

Subjective health complaints involving pain and/or fatigue has been called different things, but are probably closely related to each other, with a strong stress- and depressive component.

In neurology, we had neurasthenia since the 1800s. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurasthenia). Now we have ME and other fatigue and pain diagnoses. The common factor is the lack of sensitive and specific biomarkers, combined with purely subjective symptoms.

NN

Ivan Drago

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 04:06:26 AM »
You do understand what terminal means don't you?  And you do understand that cannabis doesn't kill people right?  Please tell me you're not that fucking stupid.

Terminal means they're yet alive and breathing, you motherfucking moron, so you're prematurely ending their lives (before their diseases can finish the job). EVERYONE (this includes both the doctor and the patient) is destined to die at some point, there's no difference, murder is murder (taking human life), E-Numskull, I'm afraid you ARE that fucking stupid and worse, way to go you dumb shit, no wonder you're a atheist shithead, PWNED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

sososue

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 04:33:33 AM »
murder is murder (taking human life)
That isnt an accurate definition but carry on anyway, from your posting style I dont suppose accuracy really matters.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 04:34:11 AM »
Sorry to hear it.

RIP

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 04:36:41 AM »
Terminal means they're yet alive and breathing, you motherfucking moron, so you're prematurely ending their lives (before their diseases can finish the job). EVERYONE (this includes both the doctor and the patient) is destined to die at some point, there's no difference, murder is murder (taking human life), E-Numskull, I'm afraid you ARE that fucking stupid and worse, way to go you dumb shit, no wonder you're a atheist shithead, PWNED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.
So, terminally ill people, which by the way doesn't mean just alive and breathing, a new born infant is alive and breathing and not terminally ill.  Terminally Ill means a human being suffering from a disease that cannot be cured or adequately treated and that is reasonably expected to result in the death of the patient within a short period of time.   Terminally ill people often suffer from intractable pain, pain that is near impossible to medicate away, such drugs as marijuana, which is a non lethal drug, offers some relief to these people and may even prolong their life by boosting their morale and therefore their will.  So you believe such people shouldn't be allowed every possible chance at relieving their intolerable pain and extending their life,  Geez, what a KUNT you are, religion has made you an EVIL fucker.  I don't know where you got the crazy belief that marijuana kills people, but it is just that, yet another crazy belief of yours.   Murder by cannabis use, that's a NEW one.
V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »
what you describe sounds familiar to me.. his "diagnostic" is obviously wrong

I always ponder in sadness how the very people who are supposed to help with serious mental issues have no clue about the mind and the affection implicitly. And they get paid really good money  :-\

sososue

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 05:01:21 AM »
what you describe sounds familiar to me.. his "diagnostic" is obviously wrong

I always ponder in sadness how the very people who are supposed to help with serious mental issues have no clue about the mind and the affection implicitly. And they get paid really good money  :-\

And you without any medical background do?
Or have you failed to discuss your previous life as a Nobel Prize winner?