Author Topic: Ken Griffey Jr. being a class ass  (Read 9029 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Re: Ken Griffey Jr. being a class ass
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »
I just watched a replay of that interview.....I'm Glad the Host remained classy during the session....she's a True Pro.....as for Griffin, well, this asshole tried to apologize afterward saying he was not feeling well......be a man, you fucking skunk....accept the responsibility that you were a classless has-been who is irrelevant now.....just go the fuck away, Gimp

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »
The only reason he showed up probably is because it was part of his Upper Deck obligations. Prick.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »
does upperdeck still try to peddle those worthless baseball cards to children?
A

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »
Upper Deck should sell bodybuilder cards. 

and instead of a stick of gum, put a random pill in the package.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »
I honestly think that he is sooooooo sick of baseball that he can't even pretend to like it anymore.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 03:51:22 PM »
i remember when i used to collect baseball cards it was that 1989 upperdeck rookie card worth a shitload of money unbeleivable waste of my expenses trying to obtain the elusive rookie card buying stupid upperdeck packs that were like 4 bucks a peice

i then went on to play center feild just like kg jr. only to shamefully realize how boring it is to play outfeild what a joke

i had like 20 of them they were worth at the time i think $150 each? then dropped down to like $8 , i googled it just now and saw some on ebay for $210 so it looks like it went back up

but who cares, not sure where my mom stashed my shit when i left house

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 04:20:17 PM »
Interview of peace.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »
Guy probably just found out some bad news or something that's why he was so short tempered.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »
Metabolic damaged fatbody.
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 06:58:37 PM »
Always liked Griff, but that was painful.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »
I think he was messed up during the interview. My buddies and I played behind him this past November at a golf resort in Orlando and later saw him eating lunch with his buddies, so we bought them a round of beers. He ended up talking our ears off to the point where our food arrived and it just sat there and got cold. He told a bunch of funny stories and said thanks. He was a completely normal dude. Looks high as hell or pissed off during that interview.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 09:34:48 PM »
dude was always some pompus, arrogant, pretty boy.

ever see him try to beat out a throw to first after a ground ball?

I haven't... and I watched that fucker allllll the fucking time as he was playing when I was still playing baseball.

at least bonds and McGuire played hard... Griffey was always a bitch with a 'im too good for that' attitude. dude was like an NFL wide receiver. fucking pretty boy

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »
Griffey is a huge fraud.  Baseball writers cautiously call him clean but that is bullshit.  He just like most juicers wore long sleeve shirts to cover up their muscle growth.  When Mac an Sosa were breaking records, Griffey was right behind them and not far off.  His career arc is very similar to theirs.  Also during this era a lot of pitchers were on juice so they are trying to say that Griffey hit his numbers against juicers while natural?  Shit that would make him 10 times better than babe Ruth.

Also the fact Frank Thomas who was a major dbol and test user was voted to the HoF is a bigger bullshit than every.  Fucking basball is ALL LIES.
I doubt football is any better

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 10:25:24 AM »
a few years ago the great one willie mays while working for upper deck went beserk and went after one of the execs with a baseball bat. who knows , maybe UD is giving griffey a bad deal and his sour demeanor is a result of that. ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 10:51:17 AM »
I squirmed.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »
dude was always some pompus, arrogant, pretty boy.

ever see him try to beat out a throw to first after a ground ball?

I haven't... and I watched that fucker allllll the fucking time as he was playing when I was still playing baseball.

at least bonds and McGuire played hard... Griffey was always a bitch with a 'im too good for that' attitude. dude was like an NFL wide receiver. fucking pretty boy
his talent enabled him to not to appear to play hard..seen him hit a ball in yankee stadium that went out so fast to bleaches it came close to hitting back wall,hit it like it was golf ball off a tee..like cano same swing..

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 03:44:37 PM »
I think he was messed up during the interview. My buddies and I played behind him this past November at a golf resort in Orlando and later saw him eating lunch with his buddies, so we bought them a round of beers. He ended up talking our ears off to the point where our food arrived and it just sat there and got cold. He told a bunch of funny stories and said thanks. He was a completely normal dude. Looks high as hell or pissed off during that interview.
the blacks are some chatter boxes when drunk eh?
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 03:52:43 PM »
I doubt football is any better

Football is far worse.  The NFLPA has been fighting against HGH tests for years now. I wonder why...

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 03:54:16 PM »
Wow.....what a dud. I could have a more interesting conversation with a fucking wall.

He almost seems arrogant.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 07:06:23 PM »
the blacks are some chatter boxes when drunk eh?

Hahaha he was at least. Any GBer would've had a good time talking to him though. Acted like a total dick on ESPN though, so I understand why people are ripping him.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 08:34:31 PM »
hehe this Ken Griffey

the man is a beast and shall do as he pleases

"

lowdose

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 10:58:45 PM »
It's amazing. You'd think after all these years of dealing with sponsors and how they want to be represented, that he'd get it. That he'd get that the MLB meal ticket is over, and a lucrative income into his 40s and 50s will be derived from sponsors who want to leverage him.

Instead of stealing the show on the interview and really plugging Upper Deck and making people and the media happy, he blows it.

If you're the CEO for Upper Deck, are you really happy your marketing department paid Griffey all that money to represent your brand? Cause I sure wouldn't be. I'd be looking to off-load this property and pick up a kid out there who might help me sell a few cards instead of acting poorly on camera and not even representing himself properly or the game, let alone my product.

Shameful display from an athlete who should know the business better.

His Upper Deck rookie was the card that made Upper Deck. It was impossible to get and people were hoarding them like crazy thinking they'd be worth 1000s. Not worth much now and pretty easy to find. I think bringing him in was more to celebrate the anniversary than anything else.

He makes Barry Bonds look like Jimmy Carson.