Author Topic: Who the fuck would pay to see Canelo alvarez fight Angulo"El Perro"?  (Read 1665 times)

whitewidow

Is this fight seriously pay-per-View? Who the hell would pay to see canelo fight? People pay to see canelo fight?  I bet these pay-per-view buys will be very low! I know when canelo fought mayweather that fight set a pay-per-view record but that was because of MAYWEATHER not canelo! If Canelo was so good why isn't he fighting Lara? What did angulo do to deserve this fight? canelo is scared of lara! If canelo lost to lara his career would go to shit! What a sell out!Worse then mayweather! I don;t even know why mayweather gets so much hate? Mayweather has taken alot of hard fights, sure he ducked manny but that was more business and Bob arum getting in the way and I do think manny was on PED's for awhile especially during the time when that fight was real hyped up,it would still be the biggest fight since Ali fought frazier but not the same fight it would of been in 2009 or 2010.Canelo dodging lara was a bitch move.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Re: Who the fuck would pay to see Canelo alvarez fight Angulo"El Perro"?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:25:29 AM »
well, I wouldn't pay for ppv to watch the fight but it should be entertaining. a few years ago Angulo was considered a can't miss prospect. He's still a murderous puncher. Canelo will win, probably by knockout but if he eats a few of Angulos shots it will get really interesting.

BTW what do you think about Martinez v. Cotto?

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:58:44 AM »
Don't underestimate Canelo's popularity.  2/3 of the crowd were there to see Alvarez when he fought Floyd.  But this fight shouldn't be a PPV.

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 03:07:29 AM »
Don't underestimate Canelo's popularity.  2/3 of the crowd were there to see Alvarez when he fought Floyd.  But this fight shouldn't be a PPV.

That is what I am saying. Canelo is popular due to the fact is is a mexican fighter. Mexicans LOVE boxing! Not trying to sound racist but most everybody who bought paperview and bought tickets were mexican.This is why alot of the fights showtime airs are in Texas! The bigger the mexican population is where showtime trys to get the venue! canelo is popular but who has he really fought that was a tough fighter? only one and that was mayweather and mayweather exposed canelo for what he really is a fraud! Mayweather made canelo look absolutely horrible! Canelo was missing by a Mile while mayweather was posing for a picture. Canelo was hyped up by  showtime and his mexican fans. Mayweather exposed canelo badly! canelo cried like a baby after that mayweather fight. Who the hell has canelo beat? canelos career was made for him just like adrien broners career was made for him till maidaina exposed broner for who he really was.

I am not impressed with anybody on canelos resume! Canelo beat josecito lopez . Wow big fucking deal! Ortiz would of given canelo a way beter fight then Jose lopez did but Ortiz has no heart and lost a very easy fight to Lopez. Lopez did not break Victor ortiz's jaw that night. victor was just tried and got hit hard clean and decdied to quit! nothing was broken. ortiz pussied out when maidana hit him with that little body shot as well. If ortiz had heart he would be a decent fighter def would of gave canelo a better fight then josecito lopez did.

I still don't even understanjd why canelo is not fighting Lara? Lara should be the one who gets this fight but canelo knows that would be to risky of a fight due to laras speed. Angulo just keeps coming forward all offensive! The lara fight would almost be like fighting a boxer somewhat similar to mayweather. canelo pussied out and took a easy fight and didn't fight the fighter that desreves this fight!

whitewidow

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:18:17 AM »
well, I wouldn't pay for ppv to watch the fight but it should be entertaining. a few years ago Angulo was considered a can't miss prospect. He's still a murderous puncher. Canelo will win, probably by knockout but if he eats a few of Angulos shots it will get really interesting.

BTW what do you think about Martinez v. Cotto?

I think Angulo is too slow. lara would of been a better fight and lara really does deserve this fight. I see this as canelo pussying out and taking an easier fight because lara would be similar to mayweather again. lara moves really nicely and is both a offensive and defensive fighter. Lara made Angulo quit his last fight so he deserves this canelo fight. I think martinez is getting old and has alot more injurys then cotto however the speed advantage belongs to Martinez. A old school martinez would bet cotto easy but this should be a close fight. martinez has bad knees and seems to slip alot lately. If martinez even just gets clipped a little and slips he loses a extra point so i just hope sergios knees are healthier for this fight.

If sergios knees are in better condition this fight he probably should win but this will be a close fight. probably will go to decision. I think sergio is a busier fighter so if it does go to decision i think sergio will outland cotto on punch percentage and punches thrown and landed. cotto looked good his lst fight but that was a stepping stone fighter put in there to get cottos confidence back.Not sure how much time freddy has been working with cotto for this fight. freddy is so busy. My guess is martinez for this fight but I wouldn"t bet money as martinez is not nearly 100%

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 04:05:26 AM »
I think Angulo is too slow. lara would of been a better fight and lara really does deserve this fight. I see this as canelo pussying out and taking an easier fight because lara would be similar to mayweather again. lara moves really nicely and is both a offensive and defensive fighter. Lara made Angulo quit his last fight so he deserves this canelo fight. I think martinez is getting old and has alot more injurys then cotto however the speed advantage belongs to Martinez. A old school martinez would bet cotto easy but this should be a close fight. martinez has bad knees and seems to slip alot lately. If martinez even just gets clipped a little and slips he loses a extra point so i just hope sergios knees are healthier for this fight.

If sergios knees are in better condition this fight he probably should win but this will be a close fight. probably will go to decision. I think sergio is a busier fighter so if it does go to decision i think sergio will outland cotto on punch percentage and punches thrown and landed. cotto looked good his lst fight but that was a stepping stone fighter put in there to get cottos confidence back.Not sure how much time freddy has been working with cotto for this fight. freddy is so busy. My guess is martinez for this fight but I wouldn"t bet money as martinez is not nearly 100%

with injuries and all sergio has a legit 160 punch, has put guys like pavlik, who can move to 168, on the canvass.  cotto gets baddered in this fight.

canelo is a mexican's dream, white crossover. the fight gets over 500k buys, which is a good box office for this fight.

fmw or canelo wants nothing to do with lara.  i think canelo could potential down lara, who likes to pull out with his chin up some-times ala the angulo fight, but fmw will be in a dogfight with it going to cards for an 1pt SD either way.  No way FMW puts his 50-0 on the line in that type of fight.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 06:53:00 AM »
with injuries and all sergio has a legit 160 punch, has put guys like pavlik, who can move to 168, on the canvass.  cotto gets baddered in this fight.

canelo is a mexican's dream, white crossover. the fight gets over 500k buys, which is a good box office for this fight.

fmw or canelo wants nothing to do with lara.  i think canelo could potential down lara, who likes to pull out with his chin up some-times ala the angulo fight, but fmw will be in a dogfight with it going to cards for an 1pt SD either way.  No way FMW puts his 50-0 on the line in that type of fight.
G, I might go depending only if the ring girls have got nice booty.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 10:58:11 AM »
Yeah I agree.  I don't think Canelo is anything special. But Mexican boxers and Mexican fight fans are the life blood of the sport in America.  Promoters are going to cater to that segment period.

Even Mayweather knows this.  He holds his fights on the most important Mexican holidays solely which have become unofficial boxing holidays.  A tradition that started w/ Chavez, then De La Hoya, then the Barrera's, Morales's, and Marquez's.

It is what is.  We support our own- look at the all English fight between Froch and Groves.  It's gonna sell out Wembley Fuckn Stadium.  That's amazing.

By the way I'm streaming the fight I'll post a link.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

hardgainerj

• Getbig V

whitewidow

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 08:17:44 PM »
I will go with canelo. I think if it goes to the cards canelo will get the nod , I also think Angulo does not have the power to knockout or knockdown canelo. Canelo will wi on rounds or possibly a stoppage . You have to remember how badly lara fucked up Angulos eye. Mayweather embarassed Canelo but I don't think he physically hurt him that bad. Angulo has been beat up pretty bad a few times. Lara really fucked that right eye up. It still looks fucked up. I wasn"t sure angulo would even fight after that lara fight. Angulo has no heart he quit on Lara in the middle of the 10th or 11th round!James Kirkland also fucked up angulo pretty bad. canelo has taken way less punishment as a boxer but has also taken way easier fights. I would really like to see Angulo win but I will go with canelo.i def have more respect for angulo because he has taken harder fights and has not had his career handed to him like canelo has but angulo is slow and lacks heart.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 09:22:11 PM »
Damn.  I didn't expect Canelo to pummel him like that in the 1st.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »
I actually think Canelo beats Lara.  The kids only 23 years old and getting better.  Very impressed with the way he bounced back after the Mayweather lesson.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 05:03:15 AM »
I actually think Canelo beats Lara.  The kids only 23 years old and getting better.  Very impressed with the way he bounced back after the Mayweather lesson.

angulo was made for canelo like rios was made for manny.  don't think otherwise.  lara is slick, will extend that left all night and rub the thumb against his eyes.  dude excels at that.  but i guess after 300 cuban fights he has a bag full of tricks. he has a SD over canelo.  golden boy can't afford financially to have Canelo X - 2.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 05:04:37 AM »
Canelo is good, but that's about it.

Lara beats him.