Author Topic: Malaysian Airlines flight is missing, 239 passengers on board  (Read 88350 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Malaysian Airlines flight is missing, 239 passengers on board
« Reply #500 on: March 17, 2014, 10:18:37 AM »
I just found "4400" on Netflix... a cool show from a few years back.  I like that sci-fi, cop, concept kinda shows.  I'd recommend it.  Good background tv while doing other things, some really cool moments.

Did you ever see that show a few years back, Flash Forward?  I thought it was pretty cool but it just didn't make it.  There was a plane crash in it, so it made me think of that.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #501 on: March 17, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
People saying that this and that couldn't have been done, you have to remember this was likely years in planning and planned by professional pilots and flight engineers.This article I read today explains how once it turned north and started to go over land, it could have shadowed another flight, appearing as just the flight with its transponder on to the Indians, Pakistan etc.As the Malaysian flights transponder was off, the flight above it that it was shadowing would not be able to see it, but the Malaysian flight could see the flight it was shadowing on its radar.

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #502 on: March 17, 2014, 10:46:41 AM »
And now its been revealed that the voice that spoke to ATC after the transponders were turned off was from the CO-pilot.....

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #503 on: March 17, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
The entire world isn't mapped and monitored for radar. If it was that plane would have been tracked.  Possibility it's in Pakistan. Fully fueled it could reach NY.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #504 on: March 17, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »
The entire world isn't mapped and monitored for radar. If it was that plane would have been tracked.  Possibility it's in Pakistan. Fully fueled it could reach NY.

they cant be to happy that America went into their country to kill bin ladan without their approval

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #505 on: March 17, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »

Geez, we'd lay that country to waste, they can't be that dumb can they.  Let sleeping dogs lie.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: March 17, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
fuck you amelia earhart

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #507 on: March 17, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »

Walter from The Big Lebowski

Shit, I didn't get that at all.  I was just doin a little pimpin.  

I guess I should be embarrassed, but fuck it.  It's not like I lost an airplane.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: March 17, 2014, 11:58:07 AM »
You want a transponder? I can get you a transponder, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Hell, I can get you a transponder by 3 o'clock this afternoon... a clean ID number. These fucking amateurs...

Brilliant, Roger.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #509 on: March 17, 2014, 01:04:59 PM »
Did you ever see that show a few years back, Flash Forward?  I thought it was pretty cool but it just didn't make it.  There was a plane crash in it, so it made me think of that.

i loved that show.  I liked it so much i actually bought the book, which I very rarely do.

Any more sci-fi netflix/hulu series youd recommend?   I love that stuff.  even if the love storylines are cheese or acting is lame.  just the cool concepts.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #510 on: March 17, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »
i loved that show.  I liked it so much i actually bought the book, which I very rarely do.

Any more sci-fi netflix/hulu series youd recommend?   I love that stuff.  even if the love storylines are cheese or acting is lame.  just the cool concepts.

Falling Skies.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: March 17, 2014, 01:20:13 PM »
Falling Skies.

i watched the first 2 sesons.  something about that last season finale... tom blasted the hot alien blonde chick.  did they come back with a new season after that?  For some reason I lost interest in that show... must have been on against breaking bad + something else cool on sunday nights at the time.  i'm tivo-illiterate.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #512 on: March 17, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »
I'm seeing the word "they" used a lot in this thread.  Who's "they"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: March 17, 2014, 01:35:31 PM »
I'm seeing the word "they" used a lot in this thread.  Who's "they"

The evildoers.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #514 on: March 17, 2014, 01:37:07 PM »
The chinks took it so they can tear it down, copy it and build them cheap.   The new Broing LLL.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: March 17, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #516 on: March 17, 2014, 01:42:36 PM »
i watched the first 2 sesons.  something about that last season finale... tom blasted the hot alien blonde chick.  did they come back with a new season after that?  For some reason I lost interest in that show... must have been on against breaking bad + something else cool on sunday nights at the time.  i'm tivo-illiterate.
the third season was when Tom had shot the human chick who was an alien queen.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #517 on: March 17, 2014, 03:06:06 PM »
Think it's been asked in this thread before. What would they want to do with the plane?

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #518 on: March 17, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »
Think it's been asked in this thread before. What would they want to do with the plane?

cruise it on low doses

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #519 on: March 17, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
The 20 scientists/ whatever seems to me to be the only real asset on the plane that someone would go after depending on what they know..saw..etc.   nice and tidy all 20 of them in one place defenseless.

Just thinking out loud

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #520 on: March 17, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »
Maybe the terrorists will load designer viruses on the plane.  Maybe crash it and try to wipe out a large population with the virus. Could be more deadly than a bomb.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #521 on: March 17, 2014, 06:01:04 PM »

I'm speculating here but it seems like if the plane were to be used as a weapon, and I'm not saying it is going to be; the best method for maximum destruction would be to take the airplane to as high an elevation as possible and then point it straight down or at an angle.   The target would have to be a short distance from the launch site and land based in order to avoid detection and being shot down over a body of water before reaching the target.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #522 on: March 17, 2014, 10:08:44 PM »
Musclecenter, whats the word around your asian side of town about this missing plane?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: March 17, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »
Lost Jet’s Path Seen as Altered via Computer

Source: New York Times

WASHINGTON — The first turn to the west that diverted the missing Malaysia Airlines plane from its planned flight path from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing was carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems, according to senior American officials.

Instead of manually operating the plane’s controls, whoever altered Flight 370’s path typed seven or eight keystrokes into a computer on a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer, according to officials. The Flight Management System, as the computer is known, directs the plane from point to point specified in the flight plan submitted before a flight. It is not clear whether the plane’s path was reprogrammed before or after it took off.

The fact that the turn away from Beijing was programmed into the computer has reinforced the belief of investigators — first voiced by Malaysian officials — that the plane was deliberately diverted and that foul play was involved. It has also increased their focus on the plane’s captain and first officer.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #524 on: March 17, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »
Lost Jet’s Path Seen as Altered via Computer

Source: New York Times

WASHINGTON — The first turn to the west that diverted the missing Malaysia Airlines plane from its planned flight path from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing was carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems, according to senior American officials.

Instead of manually operating the plane’s controls, whoever altered Flight 370’s path typed seven or eight keystrokes into a computer on a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer, according to officials. The Flight Management System, as the computer is known, directs the plane from point to point specified in the flight plan submitted before a flight. It is not clear whether the plane’s path was reprogrammed before or after it took off.

The fact that the turn away from Beijing was programmed into the computer has reinforced the belief of investigators — first voiced by Malaysian officials — that the plane was deliberately diverted and that foul play was involved. It has also increased their focus on the plane’s captain and first officer.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

I read a theory that this may be the first cyber hijacking by hackers?