Author Topic: Schwarzenegger supplements  (Read 3107 times)

Automation

• Getbig IV
Schwarzenegger supplements
« on: March 07, 2014, 11:51:24 PM »
Did Arnold have some agreement in place with Schmoe Weider that meant he couldn't start selling supplements whilst Schmoe was alive?

It seems a bit strange that he would wait all these years before releasing his supplement line. I mean, it is such an obvious option to make additional money from dumb meatheads. He could have been coining it in for ages before now.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Schwarzenegger supplements
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 01:26:14 AM »
Seems to make sense, although maybe he was just trying to distance himself from the muscle game a bit so he didn't get trapped in it work-wise.  Seems like he always had to walk that line where he would acknowledge being famous for his build while trying to do stuff that wasn't strictly beefcake like Herc in NY.

Exceptional avatar there, btw.  Outstanding work.  Turns out I'm a tit man after all.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:41:27 AM »
LOL, about 3 years ago he was trying to ban all bodybuilding supplements because they were supposedly "harmful to people". What a bloody hypocrite.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:03:13 AM »
Funny that he had the arnold classic going on but no supplement line. He was balls deep in the "sport" just with that, can't see how the supplements would have made him any further in.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 02:17:30 AM »
Funny that he had the arnold classic going on but no supplement line. He was balls deep in the "sport" just with that, can't see how the supplements would have made him any further in.

I doubt the average guy who doesn't post on BB boards has ever heard of the ASC.  That's strictly a subculture thing, and even half of us don't give a shit anymore.  Also isn't a consumable with AS's name on it.  Liability in stuff people ingest.  My guess is that not going into drinky-powder sales was a purposeful decision by Der Schwarz.  Nothing more than a guess.

Please to be giving all further avatar informations available.

Ace

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 02:36:57 AM »
LOL, about 3 years ago he was trying to ban all bodybuilding supplements because they were supposedly "harmful to people". What a bloody hypocrite.

wonder if he's a def leppard fan ???

i'd bet that this is more his style though

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 02:40:18 AM »
Never knew what he looked like.  Dude gives Alice Cooper a run.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 02:45:29 AM »
To think how far we have fallen.... From epic, shaggy haired, gash hounds, who actually play instuments, to twink fags like bieber, who cry like little bitches in their videos.

Ace

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 02:50:33 AM »
bieber vs. The Voice

no fucking contest LOL

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 03:53:37 AM »
How did Instone go for stallone?

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 04:18:31 AM »
How did Instone go for stallone?

The market is so saturated. I stopped using all the hyped up brands years ago, just stick with gonutrition or myprotein for a bit of whey and BCAAs. But I guess there are young bucks joining the party all the time who will believe the BS these companies spout. One born every minute!

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 04:56:24 AM »
Arnold addressed that a while back, said he didn't want to tread on weiders toes while he was alive.

Did Arnold have some agreement in place with Schmoe Weider that meant he couldn't start selling supplements whilst Schmoe was alive?

It seems a bit strange that he would wait all these years before releasing his supplement line. I mean, it is such an obvious option to make additional money from dumb meatheads. He could have been coining it in for ages before now.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 06:03:24 AM »
Arnold addressed that a while back, said he didn't want to tread on weiders toes while he was alive.

I see. Thought there must have been going on. Does anyone even buy Weider supplements anymore?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 06:06:16 AM »
It's mostly overpriced crap like all the others.   The supplement industry is a fucking joke... they're all hucksters and snake oil salesmen.  95% of the products are pure garbage.  The marketing is aimed at young BBing neophytes.  

Anyone here remember the marketing for MetRx and Muscletech?  If you have any old mags from the 90's, go back and read those ads... absolute absurdity.   I'll never forget the this one used to promote MetRx: "If is walks like a duck, it must be a duck."  How about the one used to promote HMB: "Feels like Deca" - LMAO!  

Save your hard earned money... spend it on roids, food, no frills protein powder, vitamins/minerals, creatine and caffeine.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 06:17:22 AM »
It's mostly overpriced crap like all the others.   The supplement industry is a fucking joke... they're all hucksters and snake oil salesmen.  95% of the products are pure garbage.  The marketing is aimed at young BBing neophytes.  

Anyone here remember the marketing for MetRx and Muscletech?  If you have any old mags from the 90's, go back and read those ads... absolute absurdity.   I'll never forget the this one used to promote MetRx: "If is walks like a duck, it must be a duck."  How about the one used to promote HMB: "Feels like Deca" - LMAO!  

Save your hard earned money... spend it on roids, food, no frills protein powder, vitamins/minerals, creatine and caffeine.

I'll never forget the Muscletech one for cell tech which ranted on about "70 grams of sugar" to create a huge insulin spike, or some such bullshit.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
Isn't Cutler trying to do his own line now? A decade too late Jay...

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
To me arnold is the man and always will be but i can't believe for a second his stuff is any better than the other crap out there. But you now there's plenty of people out there naive enough to think it will work like steroids and contains a significant serving of arnie premium grade jizz