Author Topic: RIP - Larry Scott - 1st Mr. Olympia - Tribute  (Read 87004 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Larry Scott Tribute
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »
Dianabol is an anabolic steroid and back in those days it was seen as cheating. Plus, one had to have the nerve to go to their doctor and ask for a prescription. The medical community believed steroids didn't work! A double whammo.

So most guys had to find some pharmacist who sold steroids or get a mate to find some.

Larry arrived on the scene as just another guy who dreamed of big titles. From his early photos you would never have predicted the transformation he eventually achieved. It shows how driven he must have been. He didn't rely on

Dianabol but trained extremely hard and came up with new brutal methods to make his muscles grow. Then he fed them with high calorie supplements and half and half....that is 10 or 12% cream. Tastes yummy.

All of a sudden Larry was this muscular marvel with huge arms. Those biceps went all the way to his elbows. Was this genetics, training or both? I guess both, but he really was a narrow guy who no gym owner would have encouraged to lift weights.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
Dianabol is an anabolic steroid and back in those days it was seen as cheating. Plus, one had to have the nerve to go to their doctor and ask for a prescription. The medical community believed steroids didn't work! A double whammo.

So most guys had to find some pharmacist who sold steroids or get a mate to find some.

Larry arrived on the scene as just another guy who dreamed of big titles. From his early photos you would never have predicted the transformation he eventually achieved. It shows how driven he must have been. He didn't rely on

Dianabol but trained extremely hard and came up with new brutal methods to make his muscles grow. Then he fed them with high calorie supplements and half and half....that is 10 or 12% cream. Tastes yummy.

All of a sudden Larry was this muscular marvel with huge arms. Those biceps went all the way to his elbows. Was this genetics, training or both? I guess both, but he really was a narrow guy who no gym owner would have encouraged to lift weights.

Good points about Scott's early years. He almost looked rather frail. He overcame the curse of narrow clavicles by developing one of the best pec-delt tie-ins of his day. I believe that, at his heaviest competition weight of 215 lbs (please correct me if I'm wrong), his upper arms measured 20 inches.
Scott didn't hold that condition for long, and claimed that his arms actually hurt/ached at rest at that size.

Larry lived on the egg and meat diet espoused by Gironda and Blair. He also consumed liver tablets and the Blair protein powder mixed with raw eggs and heavy cream throughout the day. Additional amino pills and digestive enzymes were added closer to contest time.
As for the Methandrostenolone dosages, Scott took those finer details to the grave.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »

Boy do I remember those days. Had no issues with having my doctor prescribing Dianabol. A co-worker had a farm. He'd bring me unpasteurized milk. You'd have to shake the cream into the milk since it settles at the top. I grew like there was no tomorrow. I was also pretty fat. This was the time when I reached my max weight of 225 lbs. Having come from being a skinny kid, I was in bodybuilding heaven. I got over this phase.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2014, 11:36:08 AM »

Good points about Scott's early years. He almost looked rather frail. He overcame the curse of narrow clavicles by developing one of the best pec-delt tie-ins of his day. I believe that, at his heaviest competition weight of 215 lbs (please correct me if I'm wrong), his upper arms measured 20 inches.
Scott didn't hold that condition for long, and claimed that his arms actually hurt/ached at rest at that size.

Larry lived on the egg and meat diet espoused by Gironda and Blair. He also consumed liver tablets and the Blair protein powder mixed with raw eggs and heavy cream throughout the day. Additional amino pills and digestive enzymes were added closer to contest time.
As for the Methandrostenolone dosages, Scott took those finer details to the grave.
He was interviewed in a 1982 Muscle and Fitness article and he openly admitted that he literally "blew up" the minute he started taking dianabol.
He seems to be the one guy from that era of Pearl, Park and all who had no problem admitting his steroid use.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »
He was interviewed in a 1982 Muscle and Fitness article and he openly admitted that he literally "blew up" the minute he started taking dianabol.
He seems to be the one guy from that era of Pearl, Park and all who had no problem admitting his steroid use.

I've heard he'd admitted use on occasion. Did he ever mention doses at all?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2014, 04:37:27 PM »
Is there any actual confirmation the Lawrence did indeed suckle the cock be it for pay or pro bono?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2014, 06:00:56 PM »
Is there any actual confirmation the Lawrence did indeed suckle the cock be it for pay or pro bono?

No one I have ever spoken with ever said anything remotely related to Larry Scott being homosexual, for pay or otherwise.  But the truth is I am no one and therefor I cannot lay claim to having spoken with anyone who is someone in the game of schmoes.  ;D

But I like to think Larry was all about his wife and family.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2014, 06:29:55 PM »
No one I have ever spoken with ever said anything remotely related to Larry Scott being homosexual, for pay or otherwise.  But the truth is I am no one and therefor I cannot lay claim to having spoken with anyone who is someone in the game of schmoes.  ;D

But I like to think Larry was all about his wife and family.

At one time, the same could have been said about Robert Reed.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »

Not in my case as I do have friends in Hollyweird.   ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2014, 08:14:34 PM »

Hell of a reference, friend. Nice.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2014, 02:27:20 AM »
I had a buddy of mine that knew mr larry scott and larry trained him in salt lake city.....and larry was quite forthcoming with him regarding larry's use of dianabol.
i think if he denied it, it would be an Insult to your friends intelligence George...they all used it. in later years he kept great guns for his Age but shrunk to a much smaller almost feeble man. Not trying to distcredit him because he was one of my favourites too. we all know the score  ;)

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »
The little blue pill from Ciba Labs was widely used in the Bert Goodrich and Vince Gironda gyms (homes of Larry Scott) in the late 50s early 60s. It was not illegal and had no stigma attached to it. A 'WTF, why not try it' was prevalent. I was already fading out of the gym scene at that time due to too much booze and frat life at USC. I did however run face first into the drug culture when I returned full on recommited to training in 1980. Dbol was my first drug (still legal at the time) and I quickly added boo coo strength and 20 pounds.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2014, 12:48:25 PM »
Lol at your term boo coo.

Beaucoup.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
Back in those days Dianabol was legal, commonly prescribed and used.
my buddy was 18 at the time and this was back in the middle eighties.....

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
i think if he denied it, it would be an Insult to your friends intelligence George...they all used it. in later years he kept great guns for his Age but shrunk to a much smaller almost feeble man. Not trying to distcredit him because he was one of my favourites too. we all know the score  ;)
he told my buddy that he should use dianabol......the guy was 18 and spent a week training with larry......I only bring this up because some folks make the statement that bbers don't admit there drug usage. larry was totally forthcoming regarding the dbol.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »
don't be a dick.....

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »
Lol at your term boo coo.

Beaucoup.

Merci

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2014, 12:50:52 PM »
one of the earliest guys to admit steroid use was freddie oritz in muscular developement mag. he said it didn't help much and he didn't feel right after useing it. and in john fair's book muscletown usa fair chronicles hoffman's and grimek's use of early roids as developed by dr. john ziegler. grinek said you had ro actually lift or they don't work.
F

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »
a lot of bbers have admitted using juice.......gaspari, phil Williams, tom platz, larry scott, robby robinson, etc....

Arnold not so much because he was involved in movies and politics......just my 2 cents.

hey wild bill!!   I have articles with Arnold admitting steroid use.   including after the '80 Olympia, Franco was trying to solve his water retention issue.  he asked Arnold what he took. Arnold replied 'just the usual steroids'.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2014, 05:17:38 PM »
one of the earliest guys to admit steroid use was freddie oritz in muscular developement mag. he said it didn't help much and he didn't feel right after useing it. and in john fair's book muscletown usa fair chronicles hoffman's and grimek's use of early roids as developed by dr. john ziegler. grinek said you had ro actually lift or they don't work.

Wow!!
Is that (above) the issue in which he confessed?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2014, 08:49:39 PM »
Back in the day you got your prescription from any family physician. You took it to your drug store and picked up your steroids. They were the real deal made by pharmaceutical companies in the US.  I never took anything out of concern for my health. I was around the scene as it slowly switched over from going to pharmacies to going to the trunk of a gym steroid dealer's car. Today I think all the crap is coming out of China. The boxes and inserts are counterfeit to reflect it was made in the legit place of origin. I never heard of anyone coughing and having trouble breathing due to taking steroids. Now the trent cough is routine. I say it's from Chinese crap and contamination in the vials.   Anadrol 50 was an incredible powerful oral. Guys just blew up taking it. Now I see guys taking it barely making gains. I really think it's a pill form of testosterone from China labeled as Anadrol. All the pros now have this bloated soft muscle look now. I think they are all taking the same stuff because of how strange and unnatural their muscles look. No one has muscle density anymore.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2014, 10:27:26 PM »
Back in the day you got your prescription from any family physician. You took it to your drug store and picked up your steroids. They were the real deal made by pharmaceutical companies in the US.  I never took anything out of concern for my health. I was around the scene as it slowly switched over from going to pharmacies to going to the trunk of a gym steroid dealer's car. Today I think all the crap is coming out of China. The boxes and inserts are counterfeit to reflect it was made in the legit place of origin. I never heard of anyone coughing and having trouble breathing due to taking steroids. Now the trent cough is routine. I say it's from Chinese crap and contamination in the vials.   Anadrol 50 was an incredible powerful oral. Guys just blew up taking it. Now I see guys taking it barely making gains. I really think it's a pill form of testosterone from China labeled as Anadrol. All the pros now have this bloated soft muscle look now. I think they are all taking the same stuff because of how strange and unnatural their muscles look. No one has muscle density anymore.

You and I have the same memories. It is a crime that steroids were deemed to be illegal. I am not much on government conspiracy theories, but come on, look where making steroids illegal has taken us. I say government and the FDA should get the fuck out of steroid control and let people make their own decisions.

Before: Legal steroids were prescribed by a physician. Dosages were reasonable. Quality of product was relatively assured.

After: No prescriptions from legit doctors. People self administer their dosage. Quality of product is suspect at best.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2014, 09:38:58 AM »

Wow!!
Is that (above) the issue in which he confessed?
yup, it's near the end of the article.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »
yup, it's near the end of the article.

I'm surprised. He totally Kayfabed Dave Robson in their Bodybuilding.com interview.

Maybe that's because there is now such a negative view of steroids in the media; not to mention the legality issues.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Re: Larry Scott RIP!
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
^^
WRONG, watch a video from one of his workout partners & multi-title winner himself:

[/q  uote]                           
                    Lol..If Colbert claims he was drug free, then he's a lyin sob...