Author Topic: RIP - Larry Scott - 1st Mr. Olympia - Tribute  (Read 87536 times)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Larry Scott Tribute
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2014, 11:58:38 PM »
Rest in peace...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Larry Scott RIP!
« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »
Yea he had dementia, my nan died of it a year ago, very very sad condition.
Rip larry

At least he forgot he died in a day or so.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Larry Scott - 1st Mr. Olympia - Tribute
« Reply #252 on: July 29, 2014, 01:28:48 AM »
Here is Larry Scott posing at my gym in Sydney during a seminar in 1979. It was attended by many local bodybuilders and most agree it was the best bodybuilding seminar ever put on in Australia.

Larry still had impressive arms. He told me he was going to try to enter the Olympia again. I didn't see any point in his doing that. Anyway, he placed low in an event

in Vancouver, I believe, and abandoned that quest. Larry was born in 1938 so was 41 in the photo.

Robert Nailon borrowed my negatives and I haven't seen them since!

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »
Cool pic Vince.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #254 on: July 31, 2014, 07:47:50 PM »

Not certain but I think this is Larry and his wife Rachel.  Handsome man and a beautiful woman.  Hopefully the photo will show.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »

Not certain but I think this is Larry and his wife Rachel.  Handsome man and a beautiful woman.  Hopefully the photo will show.

How many times was Larry married?
I seem to remember reading that he had a "first" wife.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »

How many times was Larry married?
I seem to remember reading that he had a "first" wife.

He was married to Rachel Scott (née Ichikawa). The Scotts had five children: daughter Susan, and sons Erin and Nathan survived Scott. Son Derek died in a motorcycle accident in 1992, and son Michael died in 1993.

Based on this information, I imagine he was only married once.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »
According to WIKIPEDIA, and articles I remember before reading about him, Larry had a VERY early in life marriage that was a mistake (I remember reading she wasn't into his weightlifting at all)...

From Wikipedia:
Scott's first retirement at the age of 28 sent shock waves throughout the sport. But Scott had other priorities (a second marriage), and after two Olympia wins, he felt he had done all he could do in competitive bodybuilding.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »
According to WIKIPEDIA, and articles I remember before reading about him, Larry had a VERY early in life marriage that was a mistake (I remember reading she wasn't into his weightlifting at all)...

From Wikipedia:
Scott's first retirement at the age of 28 sent shock waves throughout the sport. But Scott had other priorities (a second marriage), and after two Olympia wins, he felt he had done all he could do in competitive bodybuilding.

I believe that is the passage I encountered.

Where is Stuntmovie? He knows about all of these things!

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »
LARRY SCOTT
Rod Labbe
The Golden Man,   Part 2   

Page 3

She totally entranced me. Sharp as a tack and so sexy! But since I was a virgin, I didn’t know much about the physical side of things, and—

IM: Wait one cotton-pickin’ minute! The world’s most desirable man, known for his boy-next-door sex appeal, was still a virgin?

LS: [Laughs]. Listen, I was far from worldly. The Mormon faith preaches abstinence before marriage.

IM: And this girl put a tiger in your tank?

LS: Wow, she was irresistible! We’d start to make out, and I’d only go so far. Then one night she asked, “Aren’t you a man?” I guess I couldn’t have my manhood challenged and did the deed, half-expecting God to strike me dead with a lightning bolt. But He spared me, and it became easier. Soon, I was just enjoying the intimacy and ignoring the guilt.

IM: Why marriage, though? Seems like a drastic step.

LS: I fell for one of the oldest lines: She was supposedly pregnant and wanted an abortion. I couldn’t have that on my conscience, so we got married. Before the first week was out, I realized we’d made a terrific mistake. Both of us were very immature. Constant fighting and arguing. She kept telling me to find somebody better, but it’s hard to break up with someone you love.

IM: No baby?

LS: Nope. It was all a ruse. After a tumultuous five years, I finally threw in the towel.

IM: I think I’m getting a scoop here.

LS: It wasn’t publicized back then. Marriage was bad for a bodybuilder’s image.

^^
OK I got it, from an old IronMan Magazine interview!!!!  FIRST MARRIAGE DETAILS!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2014, 06:08:48 PM »
LARRY SCOTT
Rod Labbe
The Golden Man,   Part 2   

Page 3

She totally entranced me. Sharp as a tack and so sexy! But since I was a virgin, I didn’t know much about the physical side of things, and—

IM: Wait one cotton-pickin’ minute! The world’s most desirable man, known for his boy-next-door sex appeal, was still a virgin?

LS: [Laughs]. Listen, I was far from worldly. The Mormon faith preaches abstinence before marriage.

IM: And this girl put a tiger in your tank?

LS: Wow, she was irresistible! We’d start to make out, and I’d only go so far. Then one night she asked, “Aren’t you a man?” I guess I couldn’t have my manhood challenged and did the deed, half-expecting God to strike me dead with a lightning bolt. But He spared me, and it became easier. Soon, I was just enjoying the intimacy and ignoring the guilt.

IM: Why marriage, though? Seems like a drastic step.

LS: I fell for one of the oldest lines: She was supposedly pregnant and wanted an abortion. I couldn’t have that on my conscience, so we got married. Before the first week was out, I realized we’d made a terrific mistake. Both of us were very immature. Constant fighting and arguing. She kept telling me to find somebody better, but it’s hard to break up with someone you love.

IM: No baby?

LS: Nope. It was all a ruse. After a tumultuous five years, I finally threw in the towel.

IM: I think I’m getting a scoop here.

LS: It wasn’t publicized back then. Marriage was bad for a bodybuilder’s image.

^^
OK I got it, from an old IronMan Magazine interview!!!!  FIRST MARRIAGE DETAILS!!!

Thanks!
In Larry's day, marriage was considered "bad" for a bodybuilder's image. I wonder how relevant matrimony would have been had they known that grapefruits were on the horizon.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: RIP - Larry Scott - 1st Mr. Olympia - Tribute
« Reply #261 on: August 30, 2014, 05:50:51 AM »
when I was younger I saw Larry's physique as a product of hard work, dedication, and sacrifice - a physical manifestation of all that was right and virtuous; a divine work of art that gave testament to God Himself

now that I'm older I realize that he and others from his time were just narcissistic liars who built their physiques by chance thanks to steroids and who were too lazy or ignorant to diet

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2014, 06:51:07 PM »
when I was younger I saw Larry's physique as a product of hard work, dedication, and sacrifice - a physical manifestation of all that was right and virtuous; a divine work of art that gave testament to God Himself

now that I'm older I realize that he and others from his time were just narcissistic liars who built their physiques by chance thanks to steroids and who were too lazy or ignorant to diet

so what

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2014, 11:12:23 AM »
RIP  :(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »