Author Topic: My dog almost died yesterday  (Read 3908 times)

dustin

My dog almost died yesterday
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:21:32 PM »
Fuck. My pitbull ate a bunch of moldy food yesterday unbeknownst to me. Someone left the food waste bin in the backyard so I didn't realize the dogs crushed it until Lucy the pitbull puked. Ronnie Coleman, my weiner dog, is prissy and only eats fresh garbage of he has the opportunity.

I let her go to the washroom in the yard while I was looking for the emergency vet's number when she got super bad tremors and then started seizing. She was too scared to come back inside but when I got her on the deck I was about to grab her when she went blank, did a somersault and started seizing uncontrollably.

She puked again and I saw kibble, so I prayed that she puked it all up and went to the emergency pet hospital. They treated her well and I picked her up at 4am to avoid almost doubling the fees for observation. The twelve hours they had her were good and they said he was remarkably friendly and kept the staff good company.

She cut her snout which perplexed them and kept digging her blanket. She didn't stop until they covered her so they were concerned. But Lucy copies the weiner dog and only sleeps if she has a blanket covering her and they said they've never seen a pitbull that does this lol

So all in all things are good. The vet knocked off a few hundred dollars in meds and treatment because they said Lucy cuddled with the staff all night so they just "forgot" to add it to the invoice. Still cost a fuckton but my pup is okay. Missed my workout yesterday so this is a  bodybuilding related post. Going to nap because I was up all night then hitting the gym. Watch your dogs, guys. Mold is a serious bitch and it could have been worse if we didn't see food refuse spread over the lawn in the backyard.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: My dog almost died yesterday
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »
My wife used to have a dog and it ate a bunch of chocolate while her sister was watching her.  We had to take her to the vet and they pumped her stomach and gave her charcoal I believe.  Either way, it was like $600 so I wasn't too pleased with the sister.  Glad your dog is alright.  It's funny, I'm not a vegetarian or tree hugger, but I have more sympathy for a dog than I do some humans. :-\

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:45:18 PM »
Huh, my oldest dog is under observation for either 1.) eating some stupid dead shit or 2.) hemorrhagic gastro enteritis. We're obviously hoping the former.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »
Mine died a while ago..... :'(

pissant

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:34:03 PM »
damn im sorry dawg.

Dogs>People

would kill someone and put their heart in my dogs if he needed a new one. IM pretty sure sciene wouldnt agree but id try

NightTrain

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
glad the pooch is all good
sounds like you have a cool vet. Fantastic naming of the weiner dog lolol.

dogs >>>>>>>> humans all day every day

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 03:27:37 PM »
Fuck. My pitbull ate a bunch of moldy food yesterday unbeknownst to me. Someone left the food waste bin in the backyard so I didn't realize the dogs crushed it until Lucy the pitbull puked. Ronnie Coleman, my weiner dog, is prissy and only eats fresh garbage of he has the opportunity.

I let her go to the washroom in the yard while I was looking for the emergency vet's number when she got super bad tremors and then started seizing. She was too scared to come back inside but when I got her on the deck I was about to grab her when she went blank, did a somersault and started seizing uncontrollably.

She puked again and I saw kibble, so I prayed that she puked it all up and went to the emergency pet hospital. They treated her well and I picked her up at 4am to avoid almost doubling the fees for observation. The twelve hours they had her were good and they said he was remarkably friendly and kept the staff good company.

She cut her snout which perplexed them and kept digging her blanket. She didn't stop until they covered her so they were concerned. But Lucy copies the weiner dog and only sleeps if she has a blanket covering her and they said they've never seen a pitbull that does this lol

So all in all things are good. The vet knocked off a few hundred dollars in meds and treatment because they said Lucy cuddled with the staff all night so they just "forgot" to add it to the invoice. Still cost a fuckton but my pup is okay. Missed my workout yesterday so this is a  bodybuilding related post. Going to nap because I was up all night then hitting the gym. Watch your dogs, guys. Mold is a serious bitch and it could have been worse if we didn't see food refuse spread over the lawn in the backyard.

musclecenter is very very disappointed

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 05:00:22 PM »
Consider it worth it.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »

hey dude glad shes ok.

molly my PB eats all kinds of weird shit. wonder if it's a pit thing. at times it'll cause her to lose her stomach but nothing too serious yet knock on wood. living where I live it's just not possible to prevent it. she'll run in the bush and grab something or another chew the shit out of it and puke later.

doz my AB is a bit more particular. he stays w eating sticks and poo. fml.
b

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:07 PM »
My wife used to have a dog and it ate a bunch of chocolate while her sister was watching her.  We had to take her to the vet and they pumped her stomach and gave her charcoal I believe.  Either way, it was like $600 so I wasn't too pleased with the sister.  Glad your dog is alright.  It's funny, I'm not a vegetarian or tree hugger, but I have more sympathy for a dog than I do some humans. :-\

Not many people realize chocolate is poisonous to dogs.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 10:23:30 PM »

:)

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 02:01:16 AM »
fuck I hate hearing about any dog dying especially a weiner dog. I love my weiner dog more then anything!I'd have a mental breakdown if anything happened to my weiner dog. very glad your dog is OK!here is a picture of my weiner dog he is half miniature and half standard/ mohagany/dappled.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 02:52:30 AM »
This little getbigger got on the business end of corncob. Had to have it cut out... Ok now.  Sorry about yours

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 05:14:30 AM »
chocolate
onions
grapes
raisins    r afew things that r very bad for dogs, dogs r cool, i rescued alot of them over the yrs from the street
R

dustin

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »
Sweet dogs!

Yeah, my wife got Ronnie about 6 years ago and didn't know what to name him. I asked if she could use my suggestion, she said yes, so when I got him registered with the city I chose Ronnie Coleman. After she Googled the name she was not impressed, but the name Ronnie totally suits him. ;D

Here's a picture of Lucy dressed up like a lesbian. We should have added more scarves for the proper effect. The vet staff really loved her and just followed up to see how she's doing. They said if she's looking for a job they could probably find something around the office for her lol

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »
WW, cute little weiner - love the eyes.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 09:20:14 AM »
if they never pumped her stomach, vet was probably a waste of money if was just down to what she ate. just a case of nature taking it's course i would imagine.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 10:21:27 AM »
fuck I hate hearing about any dog dying especially a weiner dog. I love my weiner dog more then anything!I'd have a mental breakdown if anything happened to my weiner dog. very glad your dog is OK!here is a picture of my weiner dog he is half miniature and half standard/ mohagany/dappled.
Love Dachshunds, Have a half Dachshund half Beagle now great dog! Had a Mini Dachshund when I was kid!

dustin

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 01:22:45 PM »
if they never pumped her stomach, vet was probably a waste of money if was just down to what she ate. just a case of nature taking it's course i would imagine.

Mmm... that's a pretty liberal (and stupid) suggestion to be honest. Methocarbamol and activated charcoal were given because plenty of mold was absorbed. You can't tell what's going on without blood work either. Mycoses can range from a stomach ache to tremors, to even death. I'm not willing to just sit there and watch my dog die.

When I went to pick up Lucy, her body contorted involuntarily and all her muscles exploded with energy and she flew across the deck. At this point things were headed down south so I took her straight to the emergency vet. If you were there, you would have agreed with the decision. I'm not a person to take my dog to the vet because she ate an insect or something. My pets have eaten plenty of garbage and wild shit in the bush considering how we spend all of our time outdoors. But mold is something different. The entire food waste bin was full of mold, so I'm not talking about a couple of speckles of mold.

whitewidow

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 02:09:43 AM »
Sweet dogs!

Yeah, my wife got Ronnie about 6 years ago and didn't know what to name him. I asked if she could use my suggestion, she said yes, so when I got him registered with the city I chose Ronnie Coleman. After she Googled the name she was not impressed, but the name Ronnie totally suits him. ;D

Here's a picture of Lucy dressed up like a lesbian. We should have added more scarves for the proper effect. The vet staff really loved her and just followed up to see how she's doing. They said if she's looking for a job they could probably find something around the office for her lol

Dustin is that a chiweinerdog?

whitewidow

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 02:15:13 AM »
WW, cute little weiner - love the eyes.

thanks I train him myself.If you notice my weiner dog has a great waist. he is just a pleasure! definetly my best friend,that is why I hate hearing about somebody having health issues or near death tragedys with their dogs. My dog chewed up one of the best rubberbands when he was just 15-16 months and he was very sick! They wanted to give him a surgery to remove the pieces of the bicep rubbern=band but they gave him barrium wich is like a laxative and it didn't work after 24 hours like it should of. I was crying! I never cry but this was very serious to me. luckily the barrium did pass and he crapped out the pieces of bicep rubberband and he instantly felt better so I know how dustin must of felt.

whitewidow

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 02:17:54 AM »
Love Dachshunds, Have a half Dachshund half Beagle now great dog! Had a Mini Dachshund when I was kid!

I wish I could buy more dachshunds they are my favorite kind of dog. I would love to see a picture of your dog. Not sure I have seen that dachshund /beagle mix. I am sure he or she is beutiful but post up a picture if you have one. I will do anything for my weinerdog. that is how much I love that dog. I love all dachshunds and dachshund mixes.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 06:25:48 AM »
Sorry to hear, but hoping it turns out well.

dustin

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 07:27:25 AM »
Dustin is that a chiweinerdog?

Haha yep, Ronnie Coleman has beast genetics. 8)

Lucy is doing great. I felt a little bad for Ronnie last night because she's gotten so much attention, plus the baby, so I let him sleep on my lap for a couple of hours while I crushed some Mario Cart 64 last night lol

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 05:29:59 PM »
I wish I could buy more dachshunds they are my favorite kind of dog. I would love to see a picture of your dog. Not sure I have seen that dachshund /beagle mix. I am sure he or she is beutiful but post up a picture if you have one. I will do anything for my weinerdog. that is how much I love that dog. I love all dachshunds and dachshund mixes.
Here's a pic of her. She will be 7 soon and still looks like a puppy!