Author Topic: Georgia Becomes First State in History to Pass the Convention of States Applicat  (Read 3294 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
What does this mean?

Georgia Becomes First State in History to Pass the Convention of States Application

March 10, 2014

Mark Meckler

I have fantastic news from The Peach State!

Earlier this afternoon,  Georgia become the first state in American history to pass the Convention of States application to limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government.

The House voted to approve the Senate’s version of the resolution by a vote of 107-58.

“I am pleased that the Georgia legislature has given voice to the frustrations of millions of Georgians,”  said State Sen. Cecil Staton (R-Macon),  the resolution’s primary sponsor.  “Enough is enough. It is time to impose fiscal and other restraints on our runaway federal government.  We urge other states to join us.”

“We Georgians have become the hope of the Nation today,”  said Jacqueline Peterson, the Georgia State Director for the Convention of States Project.  “Many thanks to our State Legislators for standing for Liberty.  May God bless us, every single one!”

Our deepest thanks go to our volunteers in Georgia.  They took a stand for self-governance, and history will remember what happened in Georgia today.  Because they decided to write a letter,  make a call,  attend a hearing,  or meet with their state representative,  they can tell their children and grandchildren they made a difference in the fight to preserve liberty.

We expect many more states to follow Georgia’s lead in the months ahead.  These are historic times—I encourage you to remember this day and what it will mean for the future of our great country.

You can join the team in your state by signing up in the Action Center.

http://www.conventionofstates.com/news/georgia-becomes-first-state-history-pass-convention-states-application

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Senate Resolution 736
By: Senators Staton of the 18th, Shafer of the 48th, Chance of the 16th, Miller of the 49th, Hill of the 32nd and others

ADOPTED SENATE A RESOLUTION

Applying for a convention of the states under Article V of the United States Constitution; and for other purposes.

WHEREAS, the founders of the Constitution of the United States empowered state legislators to be guardians of liberty against future abuses of power by the federal government; and

WHEREAS, the federal government has created a crushing national debt through improper and imprudent spending; and

WHEREAS, the federal government has invaded the legitimate roles of the states through the manipulative process of federal mandates, most of which are unfunded to a great extent; and

WHEREAS, the federal government has ceased to live under a proper interpretation of the Constitution of the United States; and

WHEREAS, it is the solemn duty of the states to protect the liberty of our people, particularly for the generations to come, by proposing amendments to the Constitution of the United States through a convention of the states under Article V of the United States Constitution to place clear restraints on these and related abuses of power.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF GEORGIA that the General Assembly of the State of Georgia hereby applies to Congress, under the provisions of Article V of the Constitution of the United States, for the calling of
a convention of the states limited to proposing amendments to the United States Constitution that impose fiscal restraints on the federal government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and limit the terms of office for its officials and for members of Congress.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this application shall be deemed an application for a convention to address each or all of the subjects herein stated. For the purposes of determining whether two-thirds of the states have applied for a convention addressing any
of the subjects stated herein, this application is to be aggregated with the applications of any other state legislatures for the single subjects of balancing the federal budget, limiting the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, or limiting the terms of federal officials.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Secretary of the Senate is hereby directed to transmit copies of this application to the President and Secretary of the United States Senate and to the Speaker and Clerk of the United States House of Representatives, to transmit copies to the members of the United States Senate and United States House of Representatives from this state, and to transmit copies hereof to the presiding officers of each of the legislative houses in the several states, requesting their cooperation.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this application constitutes a continuing application in accordance with Article V of the Constitution of the United States until the legislatures of at least two-thirds of the several states have made applications on the same subject.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
“I am pleased that the Georgia legislature has given voice to the frustrations of millions of Georgians,”  said State Sen. Cecil Staton (Roger-Macon), 

"We are all Georgians." - President McCain, standing alongside VP Thune.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

"We are all Georgians." - President McCain, standing alongside VP Thune.

haha!!!

Quit shutting me down!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
What does this mean?

Georgia Becomes First State in History to Pass the Convention of States Application

March 10, 2014

Mark Meckler

I have fantastic news from The Peach State!

Earlier this afternoon,  Georgia become the first state in American history to pass the Convention of States application to limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government.

The House voted to approve the Senate’s version of the resolution by a vote of 107-58.

“I am pleased that the Georgia legislature has given voice to the frustrations of millions of Georgians,”  said State Sen. Cecil Staton (R-Macon),  the resolution’s primary sponsor.  “Enough is enough. It is time to impose fiscal and other restraints on our runaway federal government.  We urge other states to join us.”

“We Georgians have become the hope of the Nation today,”  said Jacqueline Peterson, the Georgia State Director for the Convention of States Project.  “Many thanks to our State Legislators for standing for Liberty.  May God bless us, every single one!”

Our deepest thanks go to our volunteers in Georgia.  They took a stand for self-governance, and history will remember what happened in Georgia today.  Because they decided to write a letter,  make a call,  attend a hearing,  or meet with their state representative,  they can tell their children and grandchildren they made a difference in the fight to preserve liberty.

We expect many more states to follow Georgia’s lead in the months ahead.  These are historic times—I encourage you to remember this day and what it will mean for the future of our great country.

You can join the team in your state by signing up in the Action Center.

http://www.conventionofstates.com/news/georgia-becomes-first-state-history-pass-convention-states-application

War!!!
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
What does this mean? Eventual secession.  It is similar to the talk of seceding in the early part of the 1800's that eventually led to states seceding in 1860-1861.  It's all big downhill from here boys!  :D

RRKore

• Getbig IV
What does this mean? Eventual secession.  It is similar to the talk of seceding in the early part of the 1800's that eventually led to states seceding in 1860-1861.  It's all big downhill from here boys!  :D

Downhill?  Georgia?

Addition by subtraction, if you ask me.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
What does this mean? Eventual secession. 

I wish.

But, I doubt it will ever happen.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
Hopefully the cities of Chicago, Baltimore, Camden and Detroit will secede

RRKore

• Getbig IV
I wish.

But, I doubt it will ever happen.

You wish?  Why?  Are you from Georgia?  (That'd explain a lot, actually, lol.)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Time for me to get some rifles, and drive on up to guard those rebels from crossing the florida-georgia line

I got my windows down, and the radio up...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
This could be interesting if more states have the balls to sign on...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
All the federal government would have to do is pull all federal funding from the state to shut them up again.  Sorry but this isn't going anywhere, symbolic maybe, but the fed has the states by the balls.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
All the federal government would have to do is pull all federal funding from the state to shut them up again.  Sorry but this isn't going anywhere, symbolic maybe, but the fed has the states by the balls.

ya see this every now and then...

a few repubs pound their chest and shout about liberty, sign something without teeth, fire up their donor/voter base, and then it goes away for a few years.  We saw this a few years back, right?

Wait til one of them draws up articles of secession before you get excited.   Then, lose your excitement as the fed govt promptly shuts down that noise.  So in other words, don't stay up waiting for anything with teeth, ever.  Won't happen.  Nor would anyone here WANT it to happen.  Remember rick perry talking of secession, then asking govt for federal $ following a hurricane?   Oops...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

They should amend the Constitution to where States collect taxes and send them to the Federal Government.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
They should amend the Constitution to where States collect taxes and send them to the Federal Government.

Liberal governors cannot be trusted with sheep, school children, or tax dollars.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Liberal governors cannot be trusted with sheep, school children, or tax dollars.

They can't do as much damage as a liberal President though.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Ahhhhh.....home sweet home. Georgia, Rise Up.  8)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V

There are states, such as Texas that could survive without federal funding.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
If we're doing this shit I want to design my own uniform....we're going with field grey...cav boots, sam brown belt, leather trench...badass cap....open top Mercedes....and I'm making a beeline for blacken's house. Off to the camps for u lib.
L

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
If we're doing this shit I want to design my own uniform....we're going with field grey...cav boots, sam brown belt, leather trench...badass cap....open top Mercedes....and I'm making a beeline for blacken's house. Off to the camps for u lib.

I'd be honored to serve under you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
They can't do as much damage as a liberal President though.

Obama only works 17 minutes each day.   Most of the time, he's eating mushroom, indulging in his love of penis, or playing golf.  So luckily he can only do limited work.

Anyway, ISSA will be indicting obama any day now, so he'll be impeached, homeless and divorced by April Fools Day of this year.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama only works 17 minutes each day.   Most of the time, he's eating mushroom, indulging in his love of penis, or playing golf.  So luckily he can only do limited work.

Anyway, ISSA will be indicting obama any day now, so he'll be impeached, homeless and divorced by April Fools Day of this year.

wait,this is all impossible because of the landslide  ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V

I'm assuming a high neck black collar, and if you're lucky, an Iron Cross with oak leaves in the center?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
ya see this every now and then...

a few repubs pound their chest and shout about liberty, sign something without teeth, fire up their donor/voter base, and then it goes away for a few years.  We saw this a few years back, right?

Wait til one of them draws up articles of secession before you get excited.   Then, lose your excitement as the fed govt promptly shuts down that noise.  So in other words, don't stay up waiting for anything with teeth, ever.  Won't happen.  Nor would anyone here WANT it to happen.  Remember rick perry talking of secession, then asking govt for federal $ following a hurricane?   Oops...

And where did that 'federal money' come from in the first place?

Oh thats right, the states and the people in them. We are forced to send tons of money to the federal government...who then 'decides' how much they will 'allow' us to get back.