Author Topic: Injectable Steroids Impact On The Liver  (Read 4823 times)

TheNeed

• Getbig II
Injectable Steroids Impact On The Liver
« on: March 11, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
Hey guys, I just took this from another Forum and I wanted to see what you thought about it? I have to be honest I never give this any thought!

Injectable Steroids Impact On The Liver

You often hear the chit chat about how orals go through the liver due to their methylated state and are toxic etc, you then will hear how many say that injected versions of steroids do not go through the liver and are "safe" to your liver. I want to go into more depth on the subject so you can be aware more of what is really going on when you inject hormones into the body.

Firstly I want to start by saying the hormones that where made for injection purposes are not the issue as they often are incredibly mild on the liver, however of recent years there has being an increasing trend in injectable solutions that are using oral steroids for injectable preparations, some examples of such are Androl, Dianabol and Winstrol. The hormone it's self in these solutions when injected will be processed by the liver just the same, you do not get around this issue as some people are led to believe; it still goes through the liver! Some versions are suspended in a water solution with a solvent and others in oil with allot of very strong solvent to suspend the product in liquid state, the strong solvents being used are processed by the liver and can cause strain and even damage should the liver be in an environment beyond what it can handle.

Some of the commonly used chemicals that are used in solutions are:

Benzyl alcohol
benzyl benzoate
Guaiacol
Ethyl oleate
Polyethylene glycol 300 (PEG 300)
190 proof grain alcohol

The more solvent you use the stronger your injectable solution (mg/ml) can be and also the more water like (less viscous) the solution will be. Manufacturers of oil solutions will often make oils thinner for ease of injecting and also use more solvents in things such as blends or high strenght mg/ml solutions oil. Benzyl alcohol (BA) and benzyl benzoate (BB) are the most commonly used solvents, the BA is often used in 0.9-2% strengths (of total solution) which it's primarily use is for sterilisation purposes, however it can be used to suspend more hormone in solution also. BB has three main purposes to the manufacturer, one is to keep the solution when injected into the body slower to absorb up into the blood as BA which is more soluble if was the only solvent could be taken up quickly causing the hormone to come out of suspension. Secondly it is used to suspend more hormone (mg/ml) as required in solution and lastly is to thin the oils. Ethyl oleate is a synthetic oil which is often used in combination with a carrier oil, BA and sometimes BB. The other chemicals listed are generally left for when strong solutions are required or for such things as oral hormone variations being suspended into a liquid solution.

Below I have listed the chemicals mentioned and the LD50 values of each for oral consumption. LD50 (abbreviation for “lethal dose, 50%”)  of a toxin, radiation, or pathogen is the dose required to kill half the members of a tested population after a specified test duration. LD50 figures are frequently used as a general indicator of a substance's acute toxicity.

Benzyl alcohol:

Acute Oral LD50 Rat: 1230 & 1660mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Mouse: 1360 & 1580mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Rabbit: 1040mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Guinea Pig: 2500mg/kg

Benzyl benzoate:

Acute Oral LD50 Cat: 2240 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Dog: > 22440 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Guinea pig: 1121 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Mouse: 1400 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Rabbit: 1680 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Rat: 1700 mg/kg

Guaiacol

Acute Oral LD50 Mouse: 621 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Rat: 520 mg/kg

Ethyl Oleate

Acute Oral LD50 Rat: >5000 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Rabbit: >5000 mg/kg

Peg 300:

Acute Oral LD50 Rat: 27500 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Mouse: 31000 mg/kg

190 proof grain alcohol

Acute Oral LD50 Rat: 7060 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Mouse: 3450 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Guinea Pig: 5560 mg/kg
Acute Oral LD50 Rabbit: 6300 mg/kg

The standard for UGL preparations is 2% BA and 20% BB however they often change when stronger solutions are made, they can go much higher along with having other solvents in use also.

To give you an example a 20% concentration of BB in a 10ml vial of solutions would have around 2200mg/10ml which would of killed 50% of all cats it was administered to orally.

The occasional injection would be of little concern however for regular users, especially users of higher doses then I would advise these people to take into consideration the volumes of solvent and the potential for damage over the long haul. Legitimate pharmaceutical grade products often use little solvent in total and would be a better choice for long term use or even for timed breaks/cruises to help the liver recover from any stresses it may have been under. You could also  make your own solutions and control the solvent/chemical content of these, you can make weaker solutions hold in some oil and little solvent or even use better choices such as EO which would lighten the load on the liver.

UGL users need to be aware as what solvents/chemicals and in what strengths have been used in the solutions are often a mystery or even lied about. A brewer who has perfected a solution to suspend a strong blend may wish to keep the way he did it secret from his competitors so he could lie or leave such information off the label for example.

http://www.hormoneuser.org/SMF/index.php/topic,67.0.html by Admin

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Injectable Steroids Impact On The Liver
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:14:56 AM »
Ok  - great article BTW! I have a few questions.  First off I was under the impression that the advantage of taking an oral as an inject caused it to only need to pass thru the liver 1x since it did not have to be broken down initially to get into the blood and was injected into the muscle directly and in turn into the blood stream directly.   Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The other thing I wanted to ask is about the amount of Guaiacol needed in say an inject containing Test Base/anadrol/Dbol and TBol.  The rule of thumb I have read is 1 ml - 2 ml of Guaiacol per gram of powder in the mix. Guaiacol is like a super solvent and I'm thinking this is not too easy on your liver.  How much is actually required?  Is there any way to sub something in for Guaiacol and still come away with a stable solution. 

Now I read that Benzyl Salicylate is like liquid asprin when added to an inject especially injects that are orals made into injectable compounds.  My question is this  -- can Benzyl Salicylate be subbed in for a % of Benzyl Benzoate or is it not really a solvent.  I was thinking it may be able to cut ones Benzyl Benzoate use in 1/2 if it can be used as a substitute instead of an additional compound.

THx in advance for your time TheNeed.  Very interested in your response.

RS

TheNeed

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »
You know RS I am not sure on the first question, maybe someone else can help out here as I did not write the topic?

From my experience of brewing my own it has generally been a trial and error game when making solutions that require any form of strong solvent. I tend to make my would be solution with 70% of the oil in it and once cooked put it in the fridge for 24 hrs, if it doesn't crash then I just add the rest of the oil (under heat) to take it to the mg/ml I want. If it crashes I add move solvent and try again until I find something that works, then I just record it for a later date.

I would probably just go for EO in place of or to reduce the BB content if I wanted to keep the toxicity down from looking at this. EO works well.

refecdvi

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 10:21:02 PM »
Guaiacol

never use that crap again.

yes, its suspend any base compound great. but smell is not worth the money. its too strong

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:34:13 AM »
I just brewed another batch yesterday and I took the Guaiacol down to 10% from 16% and the smell is no longer that harsh and I don't taste it as soon as I pin it. I went 2: ba - 10% BB  -10% BS and 10% Guaiacol.  I made a 75 mg test no ester/25 mg of the 3 following compounds - anadrol/tbol/tren base per ML.  So it's a 150 mg /ml mix.

TheNeed

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 01:10:59 PM »
Your only supposed to use a couple % at most when using that ha