Author Topic: ..  (Read 13925 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
i do pressups between chairs, dips between chairs and use a resistance trainer that hooks over the door for flys, you can literally lean your whole bodyweight onto it and fly away.
Get no niggling pains, sore elbows etc.

Oldtimer1 is correct .. my best chest workouts were Dips(parallel Bars) superset with Push ups. great results .. i admit i´m a shit bencher but can Dip like a King.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Oldtimer1 is correct .. my best chest workouts were Dips(parallel Bars) superset with Push ups. great results .. i admit i´m a shit bencher but can Dip like a King.
DIPS will give you all the pump you need all around for 'beach'muscles..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
DIPS will give you all the pump you need all around for 'beach'muscles..
  ;D

Melkor

• Getbig III
This just showed what a tear was and how this particular case had a tear as a result of benching. But has there been a comprehensive study on the instances of pec injuries on the BB vs the DB with comparable weight/reps/ and sets.

i know for sure my pec minor had gone to shit on both sides evenly with heavy BB benching.

I just didnt use DBs because they were a pain to lug around and then rack
i have subscriptions to some journals, ill give it a look

I haven't seen any studies comparing BB with DB, but there are several studies that show the prevalence of shoulder injuries in powerlifters (more common than any other injury site). The problem as I see it with the barbell bench is the significant weight that can be used. The shoulder is essentially bearing the entire load (especially during the lower portion of the lift). If you compare this to other compound lifts (deadlift, squat, even overhead press) there is a lot more supporting joints and musculature bearing the weight.

To optimise safety in the BB bench if you have to do it (i.e. powerlifter) is to bring your grip width in considerably. This has worked wonders for me in reducing shoulder pain. Initially your poundages will suffer but soon enough your triceps strength improves. Benching raw, with a wider grip and flared elbows is an injury waiting to happen, even in lifters with robust joints.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
How about I dont give a piss.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
How about I dont give a piss.
who cares what you think

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
No exercise will tear a muscle on its own, it's just the bench press is more prone to ego lifts.

I got a small tear in belly of pec by doing really big ROM weighted dips with 65kg (@ body weight of 105kg). After 5th or 6th rep felt a pop, couldn't even do crossovers with 10kg each side after it so had to avoid training chest for 6 weeks.

I also got small tears in both biceps by trying to DB & BB curl too heavy.

Lesson learned, I now do all these exercises with higher reps and higher volume.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
No exercise will tear a muscle on its own, it's just the bench press is more prone to ego lifts.

I got a small tear in belly of pec by doing really big ROM weighted dips with 65kg (@ body weight of 105kg). After 5th or 6th rep felt a pop, couldn't even do crossovers with 10kg each side after it so had to avoid training chest for 6 weeks.

I also got small tears in both biceps by trying to DB & BB curl too heavy.

Lesson learned, I now do all these exercises with higher reps and higher volume.
Dips with 65 kg and a bodyweight of 105? fucking Bull. small tear in your head son

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
i do easy 12 reps with 50kg at 93kg

not impossible to imagine
well post it

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Dips with 65 kg and a bodyweight of 105? fucking Bull. small tear in your head son
105kg = about 230#'s
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
i'm not a spastic mongoloid who videos himself in the gymnasium

if you think that's impressive or even impossible you are a weak bitch ???
well Show us son

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES

For 6-8 reps it's no prob. Hell, drug tested powerlifter mate could do +60kg at 80kg body weight when he was 19.

It's just not clever. Most of the strain was across sternum and front delts until I my arms extended. Not to mention elbows. I was benching 170kg for reps at time, don't see why it is hard to believe.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
well Show us son

Would you think rack deadlifts of 300kg for 5 reps (admittedly with limited ROM) would be off limits too out of curiousity?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Would you think rack deadlifts of 300kg for 5 reps (admittedly with limited ROM) would be off limits too out of curiousity?
you got a Video of that ?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
you got a Video of that ?

Yes. Yes I do.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Yes. Yes I do.
great post it. i want to see the dips

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
Football bar.

See it at EFS.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
great post it. i want to see the dips

Didn't video dips. Didn't think it was anything special.

Here's rack D/L for what it's worth. Over two years old:

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master

nice and strong.

Simple Simon

CSWOL would be proud.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
CSWOL would be proud.

Fat CSWOL or thin CSWOL?

Edit: Just noticed my package can be seen on each rep. Hope that's not why CSWOL would be proud.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.

what is the point of this  ???

shouldnt a rack DL be just below your knees?

big guy though

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master

big guy though
yes my thoughts too but still a good lift

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES

big guy though

Yeah that was with safety bars at 5 on power rack do it from 3 now. This was at same time as I was destroying joints with low rep DB press, curls etc.

Put on a good bit of muscle since then but permabulked my way to looking like shit. That's what quitting certain substances does.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
yes my thoughts too but still a good lift

That's the only video I have of me lifting. I wouldn't lie about what I lift. My point was simply that lifting for ego on any lift is more dangerous than a particular exercise. I could bench 150kg for ten safer than I could curl 35kg for 6 (which I used to do).