Author Topic: NFL free agency  (Read 4289 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
NFL free agency
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
Like the Gmens moves yesterday.

...LOVE the Cowboys move yesterday ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: NFL free agency
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »
Good moves by the GMen.
Denver too.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 05:26:25 AM »
Ravens been quite so far, but di get some necessary puzzle pieces back. Monroe, Pitta, and J. Jones.  Hopefully they can keep Daryl Smith, who was a beast last year and should've gone to the Pro Bowl, and line up another WR.  I wouldn't mind seeing Smith from Carolina, but I am under the impression he doesn't want to go to Baltimore. :-\

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 07:41:58 AM »
great pick up by the Pats.
looks like Denver is going for it.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 12:13:59 PM »
Ravens been quite so far, but di get some necessary puzzle pieces back. Monroe, Pitta, and J. Jones.  Hopefully they can keep Daryl Smith, who was a beast last year and should've gone to the Pro Bowl, and line up another WR.  I wouldn't mind seeing Smith from Carolina, but I am under the impression he doesn't want to go to Baltimore. :-\

Nope, incorrect. Steve Smith is definitely interested in coming to Baltimore to be close to his family in North Carolina. The Ravens will pursue him hard as of today. I bet he inks a deal with the Ravens by the weekend.

I like the move. Smith will be like another version of Derrick Mason. Catching passes underneath and towards the sidelines. Tough minded and a leader. Definitely Raven like qualities.

The Ravens need another CB after losing Corey Graham, unless they're counting on Jimmy Smith to be the starter with Webb. Maybe go after Cromartie? But they need a free safety badly, too.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
My post/wish list is half way done, D Smith signed, and S Smith in Charm City for a visit.  I see good things this year.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 07:15:37 PM »
My post/wish list is half way done, D Smith signed, and S Smith in Charm City for a visit.  I see good things this year.

BOOM!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 07:12:56 AM »
Nope, incorrect. Steve Smith is definitely interested in coming to Baltimore to be close to his family in North Carolina. The Ravens will pursue him hard as of today. I bet he inks a deal with the Ravens by the weekend.

I like the move. Smith will be like another version of Derrick Mason. Catching passes underneath and towards the sidelines. Tough minded and a leader. Definitely Raven like qualities.

The Ravens need another CB after losing Corey Graham, unless they're counting on Jimmy Smith to be the starter with Webb. Maybe go after Cromartie? But they need a free safety badly, too.

So tell me about the LB Mclain the Gmen signed ???

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »

So tell me about the LB Mclain the Gmen signed ???

Tough, hard nosed, active in the community when he was here in Charm City. A fighter. He made the Ravens 53 man roster as undrafted free agent in 2010 so you know he'll give everything he has.

My only concern if I was a Giants fan is his past spinal cord injury. He worked his ass off to get healthy again but a spinal cord injury is scary stuff for a middle linebacker. If he stays healthy, Mclain will start for the Giants. He's a quality player.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 10:24:31 AM »
BOOM!

Love Steve Smith...one of my favorite players to watch. He'll leave it all on the field every Sunday. If the Ravens had team captains, he'd be wearing the captain emblem on his jersey. Critics are saying he'll be a slot receiver but I think he's still a starter playing on the outside. He'll be like Derrick mason 2.0 but better. He's a scrappy little fucker and I love his game, always have. Plays with so much heart. I'm looking forward to home games more than ever with Smith in a Ravens uniform.

Beware of that stiff arm of his!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 05:22:33 PM »
Love Steve Smith...one of my favorite players to watch. He'll leave it all on the field every Sunday. If the Ravens had team captains, he'd be wearing the captain emblem on his jersey. Critics are saying he'll be a slot receiver but I think he's still a starter playing on the outside. He'll be like Derrick mason 2.0 but better. He's a scrappy little fucker and I love his game, always have. Plays with so much heart. I'm looking forward to home games more than ever with Smith in a Ravens uniform.

Beware of that stiff arm of his!

Which ones you going to this year? I try to go to a couple every year.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »
Which ones you going to this year? I try to go to a couple every year.

Definitely the Steelers game. Maybe the Carolina game too. My buddy has season tickets and invites me to a couple of games every year. We tailgate on Osten street close to the firehouse station.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »
Tough, hard nosed, active in the community when he was here in Charm City. A fighter. He made the Ravens 53 man roster as undrafted free agent in 2010 so you know he'll give everything he has.

My only concern if I was a Giants fan is his past spinal cord injury. He worked his ass off to get healthy again but a spinal cord injury is scary stuff for a middle linebacker. If he stays healthy, Mclain will start for the Giants. He's a quality player.

Thanks, don't think he'll play middle for the Giants, they re-signed Beason.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »
Real excited about the Niners moves so far.  A lousy QB and a mentally soft OT.  Great.   ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 05:24:39 AM »
Real excited about the Niners moves so far.  A lousy QB and a mentally soft OT.  Great.   ::)

9ers need to win in 1-2 years or they become Dallas and have to dump expensive players.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
9ers need to win in 1-2 years or they become Dallas and have to dump expensive players.

The expensive players are the reason they have been so successful.  They're a play or two away from winning it all and/or getting to the Super Bowl multiple times.  They need to tweak, not overhaul. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 07:44:50 PM »
Niners been making good moves!

Re-signed Anquan Boldin-thats huge!

Alex smith was terrible until Harbaugh came in. Andrew Luck, Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick... three good qb' who were nothing before Harbaugh. Gabbert had a good college career and he will make a great backup for Kaep. Much better than using a 6th round pick on a qb.

Jonathan Martin is a California boy and Stanford alumn  who made first team all american under Harbaugh and started every game for the Dolphins. At 6'5", 305lbs, he may not start this year but eventually he will start and be a major contributor. We got a solid line but Martin has a whole lot of potential.

Antoine Bethea is an upgrade from the sloppy, over rated, self centered Donte Whitner. We will have better pass coverage, less penalties, and more consistent tackling (Bethea sticks to the fundamentals and wraps guys up-Whitner always trying to get a big hit would make mistakes at times).

Carlos Rodgers and Tarrel Brown were garbage all year and Parrish Cox played better in the NFC championship. Chris Cook hasnt done  anything in the NFL but his college career and physicality indicate he has room to grow. Chris Culliver and Eric Wright will also be there competing for playing time which should motivate some good play.

We will see what happens in the draft.  

Either way things are looking good.

My only concern is the Kaepernick contract situation - I love Kaep but I do not want the team paying anybody the kind of money he wants - but it looks like they are waiting till next year to work that out which is good.

Im most excited about three guys who are under the radar at the moment  Kendall Hunter, Eric Reid, and Bruce Miller. We all already know kaep, Boldin, Crabtree, V Davis, Gore, P Willis,, Bowman, A Smith, J Smith will all be will be big time contributors; but those three are going to be difference makers. Trust me

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »
The expensive players are the reason they have been so successful.  They're a play or two away from winning it all and/or getting to the Super Bowl multiple times.  They need to tweak, not overhaul. 

Yes, but the point is you can't hold on to too many expensive players over a long period of time.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 09:53:25 AM »
Yes, but the point is you can't hold on to too many expensive players over a long period of time.

That's mostly true.  It's especially true if the team isn't winning. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »
That's mostly true.  It's especially true if the team isn't winning. 

Kaepernick is going to ask for a Dree Brees, Flacco type contract.   

As impressive as their 3 year playoff run has been, I don't see them getting past Seattle next season unless they can get home field.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 07:47:30 PM »

As impressive as their 3 year playoff run has been, I don't see them getting past Seattle next season unless they can get home field.

Well no question home field helps, especially in Seattle, but they almost beat them.  Glad they locked up Boldin. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 02:52:15 PM »

Niners lost the first game in Seattle with a few top guys out...  Crabtree and Aldon Smith and others

lost the NfC Championship without Bruce Miller, who is a centerpiece of the offense

They would have went 3-0 against Seattle if they played full roster vs. full roster

Next year we will be better.  Lots of youth that will only get better. ERIC REID, Aldon Smith, Kaepernick, Quinton Patton, Kendall Hunter.  Nearly everyone else is in their peak years. Only one or two are in that age bracket where they might start to fade.